Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Analysts will probably do their best to try to talk this down on the call.

I don't think so: being on the call is a privilege, and they know it. My expectation is for them to congratulate Tesla and Elon for this outstanding result and be respectful in their questions. I also expect Elon to be super polite, deferential and careful in his wording.

No need for Elon to be defensive anymore, Tesla is now a money printing press.

Listen to minute 0:37and after

I like that squeezing! Many others deserve it even more.

That guy based his downgrade solely on Elon having some twitter fun.. and missed everything else going with the company.

Why is he still on TV? Why does he still have a job?

Seriously, all these people are just making up stuff.

They have no idea what's going on.

I don't think so: being on the call is a privilege, and they know it. My expectation is for them to congratulate Tesla and Elon for this outstanding result and be respectful in their questions. I also expect Elon to be super polite, deferential and careful in his wording.

No need for Elon to be defensive anymore, Tesla is now a money printing press.

Elon's voice is going to be on tape delay. I expect to hear beeps whenever SEC / PEDO / 420, etc comes up.

He says:
If Tesla makes real $ 4 quarters in a row (IE without resorting to accounting games and related BS) I will admit I’m wrong about this company. Until then, you’re stuck with me.
What a narrow-minded, self-centered, know-nothing, do-nothing, snide little jerk thing to say. He’s actually stuck with himself and his own hang ups. not the other way around. Nobody listens to him anyway,precisely because of comments like that. Pissant.

A)That is almost all Apple USA software dependent.

Not Foxconn construction dependent.

B)You can recover from a hack but you can't recover from death or permanent paralysis.

Above are valid points. But I would share a perspective that depending on the supplier in China, some of their products and production is top notch. I've dealt with and sourced many items directly from China, and have had for the most part great experience and quality. Example: Carbon fiber mountain bike handlebar-- riding on rough trails with a full suspension bike, my life did actually depend upon it. Handlebar remains solid, light and without fail despite multiple spills.

That guy based his downgrade solely on Elon having some twitter fun.. and missed everything else going with the company.

Seriously, all these people are just making up stuff.

They have no idea what's going on.

I don’t think I would characterize it as “fun”... definitely a tense period. This is self-inflicted idiosyncratic risk— definitely a factor in rating the company.
Easy to look back and judge differently.

I know a lot of Australians, New Zealanders, and other Asians were saying they would not buy or strongly reconsider Model 3 if only Made in China versions were available locally.

I'm in Aus. I wouldn't care. It's about the process and the QA, which will come with the brand. Tesla will need to do a few vids showing how the process in China is the same as in Fremont* - basic PR.

(Edit - *or better)

Whatever to the haters. How reliable and spectacular are the Chinese bullet trains?

People need to set the racism aside. It's less about the country of manufacturer than the actual production and QA process.

How many Chinese engineers work in Palo Alto, Fremont, etc? More than Australians and New Zealanders think.

You need to put charges racism aside.

I wouldn't buy a car made in Russia or Bulgaria either. But I would buy a Japanese car. Just like many Australians and New Zealanders do.

I would also buy a car made in a US factory that has Russian and Bulgarian immigrants working there.

Or any other immigrant.

BTW Yes, the Chinese can put a man in space. Doesn't mean they make great cars.

Lots of Chinese themselves will pay a premium for a car Made in Germany or USA over a virtually identical one made in China.

What a narrow-minded, self-centered, know-nothing, do-nothing, snide little jerk thing to say. He’s actually stuck with himself and his own hang ups. not the other way around. Nobody listens to him anyway,precisely because of comments like that. Pissant.

Why are you holding back? My shrinks says it's good to say what you really feel.

I'm in Aus. I wouldn't care. It's about the process and the QA, which will come with the brand. Tesla will need to do a few vids showing how the process in China is the same as in Fremont - basic PR.

Really, not all 25M Australians think exactly the same?

A vid is going to change consumer preference from not wanting a Made in China car to wanting one.

Reactions: Ulmo
The expression on Romit Shah’s face during this interview is ‘Why was I so stupid to downgrade this stock due to Elon’s tweets?’

I respected him then and I continue to respect him now. He's way more thorough than the GS/UBS/JPM/ML/Barclays tribe. Let's be honest, Elon makes way more complicated modelling something that is already complicated... ;)

Romit Shah is actually a top analyst (in the top 10% on TipRanks) - and note all the good things he said about Tesla before the Q3 earnings release:

He called Tesla sustainably profitable in Q3, Q4 and going forward - that was a gutsy call based on the Q3 delivery report alone.

Downgrading Tesla due to Elon's Joe Rogan appearance was a big mistake - I'm sure he learned that lesson. Other than that he's solidly in the Tesla camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.