Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

t is very pretty, has the well-loved Jaguar interior and works. That is good enough for many people. know several who recognize the limitations but love the looks. We need nto diss it; more BEV's are better, and in very different flavors too. What is not good about another offering that will attract sybarites?

I look at it like this: if other companies come out with BEVs that's a very good thing.

If they come out with BEVs that make Teslas look even better that's a fantastic thing! ;)

More expensive than a 3, less storage and less performance than a Model S.

Less range than 3, S, and X.

Lol

What’s sad is someone will actually throw down money for this.

Yes, me. But only because it's actually available to order in the UK (unlike the Model 3). And because I got it on an 18 month lease deal for £400 /mo no deposit. A steal for a car of this price... I'll drive it thinking of the Tesla that will probably replace it. :D

Until Jaguar tried to deceive the world with a marketing video that shows the iPace beating a corked 75D X in a race.

And subsequent video was paraded around as Tesla killing both by media and shorts.

That and also they hired Pobst to drive the I-PACE on Laguna Seca so they could claim having the fastest EV on that track, and stole the headlines for a couple of days. Of course that didn't last long until an amateur driver (Cameron Rogers) with P3D and Tesla's pro driver with P100D both broke the time with ease.

I do think competition is a good thing. It drives companies to do better. But don't feel bad for Jaguar for any fan heat as they brought it upon themselves.

Debunked: Elon Musk on Twitter

"#’s r wrong, but
1f43b.png
in
1f9e0.png
Tesla makes
1f698.png
s 4 overseas & East Coast in 1st half of quarter

"#’s r wrong, but
1f43b.png
in
1f9e0.png
Tesla makes
1f698.png

Translation:

"The numbers quoted by InsideEVs are incorrect, but bear in mind that Tesla makes cars for international and East Coast customers during the first half of the quarter."

Well, I do not even understand what "Highly Possible" means. English is not my first language, but from my math education background, I learned that probability of an event can be high or low, while possibility is more of a binary thing: something is either possible or not.

It means she wants to say something that sounds like it might be really positive, but she’s afraid of getting sued by the SEC — unlike Herbert "in 2020 with vehicles that can do anything like Tesla and are cheaper by half" Diess who evidently doesn’t care.

"#’s r wrong, but
1f43b.png
in
1f9e0.png
Tesla makes
1f698.png

Took me longer than it should have to translate that.

Problem is when I see a bear, I see red and get angry. Trying to figure out what Elon is saying when it comes to shorts and naysayers.

Not something innocuous like "bear in mind" LOL.

Do insideevs not count east coast figures?

This is sold and not produced numbers. October "sales" to east coast doesn't "count" until November.

International produced in October doesn't "count" until December once customer takes delivery.

Cars produced in December count in December if they get delivered inside California / West Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.