Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always been of the opinion that TA is about as useful as reading tea leaves. But I still like his takes
TA isn't magic, but when a stock trades on no news there definitely is a pattern that can be predicted more often than not. But you can't view any one prediction as gospel, you have to combine many charts to skim some information from it. (For example looking at the futures charts you can try and tell the trend of macro's, which in many cases reflect on the stocks you are drawing charts on)

Anyway, enough defending TA. Wrong thread.

ARK Invest will conduct its monthly webinar today beginning at 1:30 pm EST, 12:30 pm CST, 11:30 am MST, 10:30 am PST.

CEO Cathie Wood will undoubtedly contribute much to the discussion. Tesla is usually a major topic. ARK has a five-year price target for TSLA of between $700 and $4000.

Three of ARK’s ETFs have TSLA among its top holdings. As of yesterday’s close:
ARKK – TSLA #1 @ 9.90%
ARKQ – TSLA #2 @ 11.21%
ARKW – TSLA #1 @ 8.95%

Webinar registration: https://register.gotowebinar.com/re...f8c90826|9f08ee5a-1609-4afa-8b88-1887f170d8f4

Website link: ARK Invest | Innovation Is Key to Growth and Alpha

This 343/342 hold is kinda boring. Where's my action at
giphy.gif

The CNBC coverage is awesome... it's hard to spin the Gigafactory negatively. Good to see Jerome's first on-camera interview since his promotion. And... I notice some fresh new girders being put up in the exterior areas. Perhaps they are finally starting to add on a new section, now that they made $300million profit last quarter.

I'm sure there will be coverage all day... Phil LeBeau will milk it, since they made the trip to Sparks.

CNBC: "It's (Gigafactory) kind of amazing... We tend to kind of short change Elon Musk...") Uh, no kidding? :rolleyes: Understatement of the year. LOL

Ark Webinar summary:

Ark just confirmed they added to their position while the price downturn happened. Thats been triggered by the chip reveal.

They bought all the way down (like me :)) and while it went up 40% did adjust and sell
  • No strong treat of recession
  • Risks are not really severe although exist
  • Wall of worries exist - good for the market
Tesla opportunities
  • increasing margin and rate of production
  • autonomous Taxi network
  • should be able to double addressable market
  • batterie technology is moat (2-3 years ahead of competition)
  • efficiencies will allow to expand margin
  • good news on production front
  • Largest opportunity in autonomous driving
  • Tesla could collect 30% on rates for autonomous taxi network
  • Tesla - Apple analogy below
  • Moats: vertical integration, only company that has all elements
  • Competition has some pieces but Tesla is the only one that has all
  • value proposition of long distance travel - no competitor is anywhere close
  • Entering most productive phase
  • 18/19 the year of building cash sustainably

Status
Not open for further replies.