Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT

Isn't it nice for you that you have a service center in the same town you live in. But irrelevant. Like I say, people in that position are served pretty well.

People who aren't, should not buy Teslas and I've been telling them not to (they're buying them anyway, and then getting angry at Tesla)
well... it looks like I'm going to be getting my l3mr on Saturday :p:p:p and the nearest Tesla store/center is ~100 miles away. I generally like your advice, but I disagree with you here. Maybe I'll see it your way once I'm an owner, we'll see.

Wondering this AM about the possibility of Tesla buying an existing car factory. Are there any available today in the EU? New to this dance, so forgive my lack of knowledge.

Prob'ly not long before Hooton park (Cheshire UK). Currently Vauxhall ( now Peugeot) is up for grabs. Spitting distance from Liverpool docks.

So the final verdict is already out? The 'remain' will have it?

I just don’t see it. UK has chosen to go it’s own way. What is demand in UK for Tesla and in your mind how long until demand in UK is half a million a year?
Cheshire cat, I believe Paulus and the chicken have given the response I was too slow to put out. "In the EU" is an important qualifier here!

We’ll see how this goes — initiated what I hope is my first swing trade yesterday — based on 1) stickiness of $360 price due to bond conversion price, and 2) likely small squeeze yesterday AM due to TSLA and macros battle on Monday. After a $370 limit sell order closed in the morning, entered a limit buy order for same number of shares at $360. Had a hunch it might only go to $361, but I did $360 anyway. Dang it, it went to $360.xx. Not feeling so smart this AM, but we’ll see what happens as we approach the Friday close.

Not sure I like this feeling.

I think it is not a good time to swing trade, at any time before year end can come in some big buyer and increase position, price will go up fast and you can loose some nice %-gains. The volume is small lately so it is dangerous.

OT

Isn't it nice for you that you have a service center in the same town you live in. But irrelevant. Like I say, people in that position are served pretty well.

People who aren't, should not buy Teslas and I've been telling them not to (they're buying them anyway, and then getting angry at Tesla)

Neroden—

FWIW: my “remote” experience in naples and OIB has been great. Ranger service has been superb & they have fixed issues that they could at my home and when they couldn’t it was flat bedded to the appropriate service center (with a loaner provided).

Maybe Tesla will need a UK factory if they do finally manage to leave the EU - certainly if they crash out without a deal, the tariffs might be prohibitive.

Then again, the UK economy may well tank for years to come, so people won't be able to afford nice cars either.
This is the crux of the issue. UK market is and definitely will be too small for anyone to bother setting up factories.

So that’s why he went silent. I wondered what managed to shut him up. Now I want to know if he’s a dual citizen and if not just how long Hungary will allow him to stay before he moves to Serbia ir some such. Can you get on that?

As this lawsuit progresses through discovery, Tripp may realize he has a better chance of survival here in the US, literally.

Well every day is different, isn’t it? No one knows what direction the SP will move next hour or next day unless you are “GOD”:D What people can bet is the long term based on the products and fundamentals of the company. My take is that in general, if the product of the company is loved and used by all group of people, like NFLX, AMZN , AAPL..., then the future of the company is huge and worth for a long term bet.
Not an advice. This is just for myself and my own experience of learning long term investment on growth stocks.

Well every day is different, isn’t it? No one knows what direction the SP will move next hour or next day unless you are “GOD”:D What people can bet is the long term based on the products and fundamentals of the company. My take is that in general, if the product of the company is loved and used by all group of people, like NFLX, AMZN , AAPL..., then the future of the company is huge and worth for a long term bet.
Not an advice. This is just for myself and my own experience of learning long term investment on growth stocks.
Does GOD really know what Algos do next???

Neroden—

FWIW: my “remote” experience in naples and OIB has been great. Ranger service has been superb & they have fixed issues that they could at my home and when they couldn’t it was flat bedded to the appropriate service center (with a loaner provided).

XFan ..I live in Isle of Capri (Naples) and have had the exact same experience---2 Model S's---6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.