Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think there's another possibility (or at least component) at work here -- bullish traders selling put options to market makers to take advantage of the high premiums.
If there are more bullish traders selling puts to MMs, then the supply would theoretically drive prices down on the puts?
Be careful on over-indexing on the concept of max pain. There's compelling logic to it, but it only goes so far. Useful is the visualization of call and put walls for sure, but using max pain value on any given week as a target is quite dangerous, since fairly significantly underlying movement each way from that target will result in only incremental additional exposure. The max pain curve is more of a bathtub, as it were.
Definitely. I look at it just as an overview of how different players' interests are aligned in the short term.

Technical analysis, price predictions and news on Tesla stock for week ending 10/09/2021. Tesla will need to recapture the level above $790 for bulls to remain confident in the continued rally. If it does, then we would see it easily rise to major resistance at $855. A break above that would be tremendously bullish and set Tesla stock up for a run to all time highs at a minimum of $1,000 to $1,100. To the downside, we have support of the consolidation zone at $765 then $730. The next level of support would come in at the 50DMA at $734, then the 200DMA at $704.

Tesla news this week includes:
  • Tesla delivered 241,300 vehicles in the third quarter, topping expectations
  • Tesla Annual Shareholder Meeting Key Takeaways: New Tesla HQ, No stock split, Giga Austin/Berlin production in Q4, Search for new factory in 2022, Cybertruck production in 2022, No comment on Tesla $25k Model

Technical analysis, price predictions and news on Tesla stock for week ending 10/16/2021. Tesla has broken out of the second mini consolidation zone that it was trading within between $765 and $805. It has also broken back into a key uptrend channel, which is signaling that this bull run is NOT over yet. We have major key resistance coming in at around $870. A break above that and we will have some minor resistance come in at $890. And if it breaks even higher, it will likely see a push to new all time highs. To the downside we have support at $800-805. Below that, the next support comes in at $765. A drop lower, and we could see it fall to support at $730

• Rumored Tesla Model Pi Smartphone
  • Tesla China sales sets another new all time high in September
  • Tesla outsells Volkswagen BEV in Germany for September

noon monday

1634573961788.png

Last edited:
Technical analysis, price predictions and news on Tesla stock for week ending 10/23/2021. Tesla has broken into a KEY LONGTERM UPTREND CHANNEL, which is extremely bullish. We will need to hold support at $885. If it falls below that, we could see it retest the previous consolidation level at $805, then $765. To the upside, we have resistance at $900, which we flirted with throughout the day on Friday. The next resistance level comes in at around $965. If it breaks above that, we will likely see a run to $1,000+

• Michael Burry says he’s no longer betting against Tesla
  • Tesla develops 12k ton Giga Press for production of one-piece car body
  • Q3 2021 Tesla Earnings Results

For me, technical analysis combined with belief in the company (aka fundamental analysis) can provide reasonable returns. Some of the simplest indicators show their hands on the chart. One could have bought at or near longer term moving average crossover or bought new highs of the relative strength line.

Another note to learn from, last time TSLA was near 900 it was after a period of rapid price expansion. The longer term 200 day moving average was near 400. I'd been taught that anytime the price is double the long term average the stock is in risky territory. I guess one could have sold (I did not) and bought back in later. At this point, those earlier price moves have been well digested and the averages are not in and danger zone relative to price.

tsnip.PNG

I think I have shared this rule before:

My read is that if you looked at move from week of 10/4, if this week we see 970ish, many techno momo players will hold for a couple months.

At this point, I think any short term players would benefit by holding until December, that 970 certainly did not last. I recall holidays favoring bullish stuff end of year, so maybe hold longer, I certainly will. This short term play no good if it closes down today...but I'd be willing to make a bet on green close.

Ex-mod note: We let you skate with these self-promoted weekly videos, even though they violate the terms of service. But you're not going daily with them. --ggr

Technical analysis, price predictions and news on Tesla stock for week ending 10/30/2021. Tesla staging its SECOND parabolic bull run after breaking into the major long term uptrend channel. It has room to run to the top of the channel at $1,100. Support levels come in at $965, then $900. Below that would be major support at around $885.

• Tesla credit rating upgraded to ‘BB+’
  • $25k car may launch in 2023
  • Morgan Stanley’s Adam Jonas raises Tesla price by 33% to $1,200 (from $900)
  • Tom Brady reportedly will be the face of Hertz Tesla ad campaign

Last edited by a moderator:
Ex-mod note: We let you skate with these self-promoted weekly videos, even though they violate the terms of service. But you're not going daily with them. --ggr

Technical analysis, price predictions and news on Tesla stock for week ending 10/30/2021. Tesla staging its SECOND parabolic bull run after breaking into the major long term uptrend channel. It has room to run to the top of the channel at $1,100. Support levels come in at $965, then $900. Below that would be major support at around $885.

• Tesla credit rating upgraded to ‘BB+’
  • $25k car may launch in 2023
  • Morgan Stanley’s Adam Jonas raises Tesla price by 33% to $1,200 (from $900)
  • Tom Brady reportedly will be the face of Hertz Tesla ad campaign
Where does the 25K 2023 launch news come from? Can you link?

Craig Johnson is the Piper Sandler technical market strategist who inspired my first purshase of TSLA in early 2013. Here is what he wrote this morning:

Tesla Inc (TSLA - $1024.86); Shares have cleared resistance stemming off the January ‘21 highs (near $883); above the rising 10-/30-week WMAs; RS has climbed back into positive territory and is confirming the breakout; notable TechniGrade ranking; use pullbacks as buying opportunities.

What are your thoughts on the A/D line over the last couple of days? I'm not super familiar with this indicator - is it showing a divergence? If so, does that really mean anything? I know you keep an eye on this, so curious for your thoughts.
The Accumulation/Distribution line is a _confirmatory_, NOT a _predictive_
over the last 8 weeks the linear regression is still up, a total of 125 million at fractionally higher prices, based on single daily data points OHLCV, the SP is up $339 :)
1635447388684.png

last 4 weeks
1635447773867.png

last 2 weeks up 49 mill so it basically seems upwards Yay!!

1635448022657.png

A/D line: Not sure what all is being discussed, it does not resemble A/D line as I learned it.

You might be discussing those things, but it did not look familiar.

As mentioned, I view it as a breath indicator, showing how many companies (of say the SP500) are participating in a rally. Large advances = larger breadth, healthy rally! When few companies advance, and the index is still up, it can be a warning.

I rarely pay attention to this any longer as a buy and holder.

A/D line: Not sure what all is being discussed, it does not resemble A/D line as I learned it.

You might be discussing those things, but it did not look familiar.

As mentioned, I view it as a breath indicator, showing how many companies (of say the SP500) are participating in a rally. Large advances = larger breadth, healthy rally! When few companies advance, and the index is still up, it can be a warning.

I rarely pay attention to this any longer as a buy and holder.
the A/D line i follow is not advance/decline line, but Accumulation/Distribution line
it is a variation on OBV (on balance volume)
based upon OHLCV
(((C-L)-(H-C))/(H-L)) * V
then summed
gives a generalized money flow based upon end of day data points
a _confirmatory_ indicator
so over last 8 weeks, linear regression line says up
last 4 weeks up
last 2 weeks slightly higher up

i have no idea how the virtual counterfeit shares that pop into and out of existence affect this indicator but i have strong suspicion they may, but, again i’m kinda a DCA/rage buy/HODL/accumulate since i don’t need to cash out for years…..
it’s kinda an intellectual exercise mostly

Last edited:
the A/D line i follow is not advance/decline line, but Accumulation/Distribution line
it is a variation on OBV (on balance volume)
based upon OHLCV
(((C-L)-(H-C))/(H-L)) * V
then summed
gives a generalized money flow based upon end of day data points
a _confirmatory_ indicator
so over last 8 weeks, linear regression line says up
last 4 weeks up
last 2 weeks slightly higher up

i have no idea how the virtual counterfeit shares that pop into and out of existence affect this indicator but i have strong suspicion they may, but, again i’m kinda a DCA/rage buy/HODL/accumulate since i don’t need to cash out for years…..
it’s kinda an intellectual exercise mostly
Oops, my bad!