Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSportline added their logo to all their wheels - voice your disappointment!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would understand if thousands of tweets and emails came pouring into @Tsportline begging them “please add more branding, the product is lacking branding!” Then it would make sense.

The decision to add an unnecessary and non-requested design change just says to your customers “We don’t give a sh*t about that you want, we know what’s best.”

Was about to drop $3,000 on a winter wheel tire package from them until I noticed that garbage. I don’t like doing business with companies that don’t have the customer’s best interest ahead of anything. Clearly this was some kind of ego trip by someone at @Tsportline

That's exactly what Tesla does, so why should T-Sportline be any different?

Because Tesla is the original designer of their products. On top of that, I don't understand why a replica company who touts that they make OEM style products needs to slap a logo on their products at all. That's like buying a replica iPhone and instead of having the Apple logo on it, they stick their own logo in place of it.

Additionally, can you say for a fact that the subjectively ugly logo block doesn't affect range, performance, or balance? It would be 100 times better if they just laser etched their logo on the edge and IF there was a curious person wondering where one got those wheels, could still see the company's name. There are many ways to do it right, @Tsportline did it WRONG

Reactions: Solmors
I think @Tsportline has every right to add their logo however they want to their wheels. Just as we have every right to not buy their products, comment about how bad of a decision it was, and to give other options to people seeking aftermarket wheels.

You’re 100% right! Hell, they can change the entire shape of the wheel to a triangle if they wanted. But isn’t the point of a business is to make money? The consensus I’ve seen is pretty clear, for every 10 people that dislike them, there’s one that’s indifferent to the change. They are losing sales with this obnoxious change.

Another point of yours I agree with is our right not to give them our money. That’s my favorite one. With that being said, any recommendations for similar turbine style wheels without a branding tramp stamp on em? I’m all ears.

Reactions: Solmors
You’re 100% right! Hell, they can change the entire shape of the wheel to a triangle if they wanted. But isn’t the point of a business is to make money? The consensus I’ve seen is pretty clear, for every 10 people that dislike them, there’s one that’s indifferent to the change. They are losing sales with this obnoxious change.

Another point of yours I agree with is our right not to give them our money. That’s my favorite one. With that being said, any recommendations for similar turbine style wheels without a branding tramp stamp on em? I’m all ears.
I started a thread after seeing this change and deciding against the TSportline TSS. List of 18" wheels for P3D+

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
As others have said - it's not specifically the logo. The protrusive stocky block the brand name is placed on is what ruins it for me. It takes a symmetrical design and intrudes on that. It would be way better if it was merely painted/etched and not raised up. Also, I realize it's probably a veryyyy small amount of mass, but wouldn't that (mildly) make the weight of the rim slightly off center, making balancing a bit more tricky??

Reactions: dwalme
That's exactly what Tesla does, so why should T-Sportline be any different?

+1 from a long time multiple Tesla vehicle owner. They took a play out of the branding playbook. Mercedes Benz owners don't seem to care about this design element. ‍♂️

96419E70-CE2F-4622-9A40-BD6D7264C609.jpeg

+1 from a long time multiple Tesla vehicle owner. They took a play out of the branding playbook. Mercedes Benz owners don't seem to care about this design element. ‍♂️

View attachment 480530

because:
1) Mercedes actually designed that wheel - TSportline didnt
2) AMG branding is actually sought after - no one wants to advertise their replica TSportlines around
3) I'm sure there are people that have complained about that logo placement due to unnecessary added weight, balance issues, or performance affecting

Just going off of this thread, 9 out of 10 think its a terrible move and design. They haven't responded to acknowledged anything, so we are voting with our money.

because:
1) Mercedes actually designed that wheel - TSportline didnt
2) AMG branding is actually sought after - no one wants to advertise their replica TSportlines around
3) I'm sure there are people that have complained about that logo placement due to unnecessary added weight, balance issues, or performance affecting

Just going off of this thread, 9 out of 10 think its a terrible move and design. They haven't responded to acknowledged anything, so we are voting with our money.

This response nails it.

Also, like @ranova said, Mercedes owners don’t mind it because it’s OEM branding. If that was the case, we would be annoyed at the huge Tesla logo on the center cap. See the flawed reasoning there?

Reactions: ranova and N.Y.R.
Here is a pic of the Titan7 T-S5 I just purchased. Titan7 has their logo on the wheel also.....

View attachment 478287

Yeah, I wouldn't buy that either. In fact, I have bypassed dozens of wheels for my 3 because of branding. One of the reasons I went with TSportline TST in the first place was because nobody could tell they weren't Tesla. I've had a bunch of people think they were Tesla, and I always told them they were TSportline. I was about to buy another set of TSTs so I could use my current ones for winters. But not now. They lost my $1300.

Reactions: SomeJoe7777
So, after doing some digging, reading and research I just bought a set of these. They come in gunmetal and black. Best part of it is the price was US$518 at the current exchange rate. Here's a link to a TMC discussion on them.

Thoughts on ART Replica 171 wheels

Wanted to shout a big THANK YOU to @Tsportline for being silly enough to put that gaudy and ugly branding on their replica wheels, and forcing me to look around. You saved me about $800!

Reactions: ranova and gaswalla