Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSportline added their logo to all their wheels - voice your disappointment!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There hasn’t been a peep from @Tsportline about this. Clearly they don’t give a s*** about what their customer actually wants. I’m so glad to see people voting with their wallet.

I ordered a set from EVWheel Direct - Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model S, Tesla Model X and couldn’t be happier. Especially after the savings with the holiday sale. So yeah, thanks @Tsportline, got a nicer set of wheels without a tramp stamp and saved some money in the process.

Last edited:
There hasn’t been a peep from @Tsportline about this. Clearly they don’t give a s*** about what their customer actually wants. I’m so glad to see people voting with their wallet.

I ordered a set from EVWheel Direct - Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model S, Tesla Model X and couldn’t be happier. Especially after the savings with the holiday sale. So yeah, thanks @Tsportline, got a nicer set of wheels without a tramp stamp and saved some money in the process.
It's not like they don't see this thread or are inactive, they are posting constantly, judge them for that, they deserve it.

Vote with your wallet! There are way better options out there.

Reactions: sbtz and gaswalla
I just received my TSS 20” Flow forged today..... ordered during black Friday deal. My wheels don’t have this stamp - guess got lucky and received wheel set before they made the switch.

seems like the 20s and some 19s still dont have the ugly logo block on them yet - likely because they still have stock of their old batch. I still want to stick with 18s for ride quality and efficiency

they posted this thread recently: Vendor - Black Friday / Cyber Monday Sale: Buy more, Get More! Save Up to $1,500 on Tesla Accessories!

Because of their change, I'm actually holding off on new wheels and going with the powered liftgate mod for frunk and trunk. Provides better quality of life !

Reactions: T3SLATOM and Ejl80
they posted this thread recently: Vendor - Black Friday / Cyber Monday Sale: Buy more, Get More! Save Up to $1,500 on Tesla Accessories!

Because of their change, I'm actually holding off on new wheels and going with the powered liftgate mod for frunk and trunk. Provides better quality of life !
They have been posting all the time during the life of this thread. They have no intention of addressing this. I can see it from their side too, though - if my family name was Smith and I made Smith Wheels and people online complained I stamped "Smith" on my wheels, I would be pissed too because it insults me personally on my "name". For them, the name of their company is literally their bloodline.

Just spend your money elsewhere if the name is too much, I know it is for me, I'd never have their garbage, tacky logo on my car. With that said, if they had any business sense, they'd make this problem an opportunity and have an option and make the no brand one a higher price version.

I can see it from their side too, though - if my family name was Smith and I made Smith Wheels and people online complained I stamped "Smith" on my wheels, I would be pissed too because it insults me personally on my "name". For them, the name of their company is literally their bloodline.

There's a lot more to it than that. The problem is that T-Sportline didn't do their research, and do not understand their market.

The reason their wheels are/were so popular is because many Tesla wheel buyers want wheels that look exactly like Tesla's wheels. Not approximately, not close, but exactly. I had a leased Model S that had the original 19" 5-spoke wheels. I wanted the turbine wheels but Tesla only made them in 21" and they were expensive. T-Sportline made exactly those turbine wheels in 19" and 20" for less money, and I bought a set of each, because they look exactly like Tesla's.

The 18", 19", and 20" for the Model 3 are the exact same way. Plus I can get them in a different finish/color (black, gray, matte, etc.), and they're significantly cheaper than Tesla's wheels. They are more expensive than some alternatives, but that's OK because they're exact matches. Plus, they take the Tesla center caps as well, so it was intended from the beginning that the wheels were to be indistinguishable from Tesla wheels.

And what did they just do? Made it so the wheels aren't exactly like Tesla's anymore. Now the premium I was willing to pay for T-Sportline's wheels over someone else's (say, EV Wheel Direct) is worthless. They devalued their own product and stepped it down to equate with everyone else, because they don't understand why Tesla owners went to them in the first place.

Tesla owners are proud of their cars, love the factory look, and are willing to pay a premium for it. This is not the same market as the corner tire shop who is selling wheels to Honda and Subaru owners who want something cool, flashy, and cheap, and don't care about something like a logo.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Many businesses fail because they stop doing what made them successful in the first place.

There's a lot more to it than that. The problem is that T-Sportline didn't do their research, and do not understand their market.

The reason their wheels are/were so popular is because many Tesla wheel buyers want wheels that look exactly like Tesla's wheels. Not approximately, not close, but exactly. I had a leased Model S that had the original 19" 5-spoke wheels. I wanted the turbine wheels but Tesla only made them in 21" and they were expensive. T-Sportline made exactly those turbine wheels in 19" and 20" for less money, and I bought a set of each, because they look exactly like Tesla's.

The 18", 19", and 20" for the Model 3 are the exact same way. Plus I can get them in a different finish/color (black, gray, matte, etc.), and they're significantly cheaper than Tesla's wheels. They are more expensive than some alternatives, but that's OK because they're exact matches. Plus, they take the Tesla center caps as well, so it was intended from the beginning that the wheels were to be indistinguishable from Tesla wheels.

And what did they just do? Made it so the wheels aren't exactly like Tesla's anymore. Now the premium I was willing to pay for T-Sportline's wheels over someone else's (say, EV Wheel Direct) is worthless. They devalued their own product and stepped it down to equate with everyone else, because they don't understand why Tesla owners went to them in the first place.

Tesla owners are proud of their cars, love the factory look, and are willing to pay a premium for it. This is not the same market as the corner tire shop who is selling wheels to Honda and Subaru owners who want something cool, flashy, and cheap, and don't care about something like a logo.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Many businesses fail because they stop doing what made them successful in the first place.
They’re not exact copies, there are subtle differences. Nothing a random person can catch but Tesla 21s design is more classy. Compare side by side.

I still remember my chat with Tsportline about why their staggered MS wheel/tire package has 245/40/20 and 275/40/20 tire when 275/35 or 285/35 on the back would bring the height within .1” instead of almost 1” taller on the back. They insisted that 1” is allowable tolerance on AWD, even though one can actually see that the back tires are taller :rolleyes: Still not sure of their logic and I will be swapping to 285/35 when replacement time comes.

They make cheap knock off Tesla wheels, not a big loss.
By most accounts, they make a decent product at a fair price. Many people on these forums have purchased their product in the past and seem to be quite pleased with them. Several people in this thread would be purchasing these wheels were it not for the logo.

i'm more than slightly surprised they (tsportline) never jumped in here to respond
Yeah, that's why, when I saw them continuing to post and then promoting specifically their wheels, I felt compelled to say something. I caught a lot of crap for that post and actually had another response post written in that thread, but decided to not post it - I had said my peace and decided to not perpetuate the discussion there.

Since I got so much heat for dragging something out of them about this in another thread, here is a link to their response, in case you missed it.

Thanks for that link, it really shows @Tsportline knows theres a ton of unhappy, potential customers and too afraid to post in the actual thread about it. I responded in that thread. Their whole thing with "just as Tesla has consistently made changes to their vehicles since Day 1, and many times receives harsh criticism" is such BS. Their primary business are replicas, not revolutionary products :rolleyes:

It's the usual story. They've hired a moron for their marketing director, who has decreed this change. No one can tell the marketing director what to do (or that he's a moron). Senior management won't step in or fire him just yet because there is a certain paralysis associated with trying to effect change made at that level. Sooner or later, someone will realize the magnitude of the idiocy (end of quarter balance sheets) and either mandate a change, or can his stupid ass, from whence, having already attained executive status, he will move on to some other company to propagate his peculiar brand of customer-insensitivity and revenue retardation.

Don't blame the customer rep here, he's only allowed to regurgitate whatever stupidity drools out of the marketing director's mouth. I'd be a little reluctant to defend it were I in that role as well...

ianc

They’re not exact copies, there are subtle differences. Nothing a random person can catch but Tesla 21s design is more classy. Compare side by side.

I still remember my chat with Tsportline about why their staggered MS wheel/tire package has 245/40/20 and 275/40/20 tire when 275/35 or 285/35 on the back would bring the height within .1” instead of almost 1” taller on the back. They insisted that 1” is allowable tolerance on AWD, even though one can actually see that the back tires are taller :rolleyes: Still not sure of their logic and I will be swapping to 285/35 when replacement time comes.

Very subtle difference indeed. I have met many fellow Model 3 owners who have asked me if I got my TST wheels from Tesla. I have been happy to tell them I bought them from TSportline. But I won't ever recommend them again, because of the stupid logo.

Reactions: T3SLATOM and Ejl80