Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tunein works in Australia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I accidentally posted this elsewhere previously, forgetting there's an ANZ sub-forum:

Is Tunein the alternative to Spotify in Australia? Assume it has the podcasts it has on the mobile version?

I accidentally posted this elsewhere previously, forgetting there's an ANZ sub-forum:

Is Tunein the alternative to Spotify in Australia? Assume it has the podcasts it has on the mobile version?

The cars have both Tunein and Spotify.

Tunein is for radio stations streamed over the Internet (eg you can listen to Capital FM from the UK or a local station from Australia as long as they Internet stream).

Spotify can search for any artist or album and has various playlists etc. I don't think you can stream traditional radio stations via Spotify, but happy to be proven wrong!

OK great, does the content in Tunein match the content in their mobile app? One would assume so...?

It seems to have the same content. I have signed into the Tunein app in my Tesla with my personal Tunein account allowing me to search for podcasts then save them as favourites to play in the car. The biggest limitation of the Tunein app in the car is the lack of a search function so I get around thus by searching on the phone.

It seems to have the same content. I have signed into the Tunein app in my Tesla with my personal Tunein account allowing me to search for podcasts then save them as favourites to play in the car. The biggest limitation of the Tunein app in the car is the lack of a search function so I get around thus by searching on the phone.
The tesla tunein lets you search by country and other methods.