Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn radius

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Lexus GS Fsport with rear steering has the tightest turning radius of any 4-door sedan I have driven. I also had a 5 Msport and we also have a 3 series. The Tesla turn radius feels similar to a BMW 5, not as good as a BMW 3. The Lexus GS Fsport felt significantly better than even the smaller 3 series. On any 2 lane road, the car could complete a U-turn without any steering towards the other direction, or use any shoulders... I think you need like a small Porsche to turn tighter than a GS Fsport.

The Lexus GS Fsport with rear steering has the tightest turning radius of any 4-door sedan I have driven. I also had a 5 Msport and we also have a 3 series. The Tesla turn radius feels similar to a BMW 5, not as good as a BMW 3. The Lexus GS Fsport felt significantly better than even the smaller 3 series. On any 2 lane road, the car could complete a U-turn without any steering towards the other direction, or use any shoulders... I think you need like a small Porsche to turn tighter than a GS Fsport.
Fortunately, turn radius is something which can be objectively measured and is published for most cars so we don't have to rely on "feelings".
Lexus GS F sport has a turning radius of 36.8 feet which is almost exactly that of the Tesla (37 ft).

OTOH, my Fiat 500 had a turning radius of 30.6 feet... that was fun!

I am not sure I believe that... or maybe U turn and turning radius are really different... my street is weird such that I have to make a U turn immediately after exiting my home (like within 100 yards) every single day to work. The GS Fsport and Tesla are not in the same league in how easily this U turn can be made.

Nothing against Tesla, I love it. The GS simply makes U-turns like crazy, compared to any other car I ve driven (have never driven tiny cars, so don't know how they do).

I am not sure I believe that... or maybe U turn and turning radius are really different... my street is weird such that I have to make a U turn immediately after exiting my home (like within 100 yards) every single day to work. The GS Fsport and Tesla are not in the same league in how easily this U turn can be made.

Nothing against Tesla, I love it. The GS simply makes U-turns like crazy, compared to any other car I ve driven (have never driven tiny cars, so don't know how they do).

I am so used to GS U Turn, driving this tesla make it seem big ahhah