Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tuxmat Coupon Code Share

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interested to hear your review!
So I finally got around to trying out the mats. I tried both the Tuxmats and the Maxpiders. I decided to keep the Tuxmats.

When installing them, I noticed some scuff areas on the carpet area next to my accelerator pedal. I imagine this will wear down over time. See the circled area in the following pic. Also, I've seen how the carpets in my previous cars age after several winters. They always need a good scrubbing outside of the floor liner coverage to bring them back to tip top shape. And now that I have a child as well, I figure the extra rear mat coverage will come in handy. Also with taking on any passengers who may not care about their entry/exit habits with messy shoes and boots. The Maxpiders definitely feel better than any Weathertech mats.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

068C4D4A-E0DE-400A-87F1-BE5B68F78DDF.jpeg
0CCF6632-EC0C-46A4-B472-C139C599A54D.jpeg
15E6EAFB-009C-464A-AB8C-A4384B08A564.jpeg
0F8D3F53-2B45-45F3-B03E-FB0E0E548397.jpeg

What made you want to keep the Tuxmats? To me the Maxpiders look much better than the Tuxmats, but I can see how the Tuxmats have way superior coverage. Was it the coverage, or something else?
I wrote why in the post you quoted.

I agree, the Maxpiders look way better. But I'll get over that quickly. The way the Tuxmats allow you to clip them in as well to the plastic trim pieces in the car was a very nice touch. Helps to reduce debris from falling between the edges.

Reactions: Bogobec
I should preface this review by saying that I originally wanted the Maxpiders based on pictures and only ordered the Tuxmats because I was concerned that the Maxpiders might take too long to ship. It turned out that I received the Maxpiders first and I used them first. I received my Tuxmats just a couple of days ago. Like @Tony_YYZ, I also compared them to the Maxpiders. I ultimately went with the Tuxmats for a few reasons:
  • Better coverage - though the Maxpiders were pretty decent and actually better than Weathertechs I had in a previous car, I still felt like snow/salt could find its way onto the carpet, especially in the rear seats, as well as entry/exit areas around the front seats. The ridges of the Tuxmats seemed like they could keep liquid from moving around better than the Maxpiders. I love how the Tuxmats come far up the sides to really protect the carpet. Coverage was by far the biggest factor for me.
  • Thickness/quality - the Tuxmats are thicker and feel more substantial than the Maxpiders. One of the selling features is potentially some sound deadening to reduce road/tire noise. While I’m not sure if the Tuxmats accomplish this, I really didn’t like how thin the Maxpiders felt. Thickness may not impact the carpet-protecting abilities of the mat but I couldn’t shake the feeling that the Maxpiders seemed expensive for what they were whereas the Tuxmats feel somewhat luxurious given the leather, supple look.
  • Colour - after using the Maxpiders for a couple of days, they got a bit dusty from my shoes and I found the whole mat to look more grey than black. I think this is also a function of the texture of the Maxpiders. The Tuxmats are a dark black and so far have remained that way. I’m sure salt will change this but videos have shown a quick wipe to bring back that blackness, which fits better in my all black interior.
  • Local company - Tuxmat is based in Scarborough so I thought it might be nice to support a local business.
  • My wife preferred the Tuxmats. Maybe I should’ve started with this point. ;)

Last edited:
Ok, I just ordered a set for my Honda Odyssey minivan. Thanks for the $10 -saving up for a Tesla... ;)

In the meantime, here is my code: 1122538785

p.s. Oddly enough, many people have been able to re-use this one (which is the one I used): 603822017

I should preface this review by saying that I originally wanted the Maxpiders based on pictures and only ordered the Tuxmats because I was concerned that the Maxpiders might take too long to ship. It turned out that I received the Maxpiders first and I used them first. I received my Tuxmats just a couple of days ago. Like @Tony_YYZ, I also compared them to the Maxpiders. I ultimately went with the Tuxmats for a few reasons:
  • Better coverage - though the Maxpiders were pretty decent and actually better than Weathertechs I had in a previous car, I still felt like snow/salt could find its way onto the carpet, especially in the rear seats, as well as entry/exit areas around the front seats. The ridges of the Tuxmats seemed like they could keep liquid from moving around better than the Maxpiders. I love how the Tuxmats come far up the sides to really protect the carpet. Coverage was by far the biggest factor for me.
  • Thickness/quality - the Tuxmats are thicker and feel more substantial than the Maxpiders. One of the selling features is potentially some sound deadening to reduce road/tire noise. While I’m not sure if the Tuxmats accomplish this, I really didn’t like how thin the Maxpiders felt. Thickness may not impact the carpet-protecting abilities of the mat but I couldn’t shake the feeling that the Maxpiders seemed expensive for what they were whereas the Tuxmats feel somewhat luxurious given the leather, supple look.
  • Colour - after using the Maxpiders for a couple of days, they got a bit dusty from my shoes and I found the whole mat to look more grey than black. I think this is also a function of the texture of the Maxpiders. The Tuxmats are a dark black and so far have remained that way. I’m sure salt will change this but videos have shown a quick wipe to bring back that blackness, which fits better in my all black interior.
  • Local company - Tuxmat is based in Scarborough so I thought it might be nice to support a local business.
  • My wife preferred the Tuxmats. Maybe I should’ve started with this point. ;)

I'm convinced and ordered the Tuxmats. Thanks for the reviews!