Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two Model Y Family

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good looking cars!
Your white Y looks like one from this one YouTuber.

An aside, what brand are your front ground fx and fog light brows?
Thanks

The light brows are called "wind knives" (lol) on aliexpress - 55.7US $ |Car Front Fog Lamp Spoiler Wind Knife For Tesla 2021 Model Y ABS Carbon Protective Cover Decoration Sticker Accessories|Car Stickers| - AliExpress
The 21 MYP is black satin wrapped with gloss black accents (wind knives, spoiler) the 22 LR is using matte black accents. Both lip spoilers were purchased from eBay. I know the more aggressive lip on the MYP is same as many of the known brands website offerings (For Tesla Model Y 2020-2021 Spoiler Gloss Black Front Bumper Lip Body Kit | eBay) but the ABS on the LR is lesser known (FIT 20-22 TESLA MODEL Y MATT BLACK FRONT BUMPER SPOILER SPLITTER BODY KIT LIP | eBay)

The Y is such a well-rounded crossover that I completely understand wanting another.

My wife basically took over my Y LR and ignores her old Lexus. If we decided to replace the Lexus, my short list of cars to consider would be:

Porsche Taycan (I’ve always wanted a Porsche, although the one I can afford will be no faster than a Y LR)

Model S again

Model 3 Performance

Another Model Y, either LR or P

It would be tough to choose. I used to have a 2019 Raven Model S and loved it. The Y is so versatile that I don’t think we need a second one and would rather have more variety in the garage. Based on what’s available today, I think I’d lean towards a used Raven S or base Taycan.

Reactions: RayzorEV
I received my Model Y LR in September and love it. My wife wants to go electric with our second car. Should I go Tesla model Y again knowing what I am getting, or should I consider some of the newer offerings such as the Kia EV6, Hyundai Iqonic 5 or the Mustang Mach E (benefits include the tax credit and some variety). I am sure others have had this dilemma.
Get another Tesla.

Having the same controls in both cars is the way to go. If you have an Android phone and your spouse has an iphone, then you might be needing variety. Otherwise, the advantages and technologies of the Teslas should be compelling.

I have a M3 and a MY. Love Them.
my spouse and I drive each. I mostly drive the M3 and she mostly drives the MY.

We also love our Y and 3. Having the ability to control 2 cars in the same app under the same account is convenient. But would absolutely try an EV from another brand. In fact, we have a Rivian on order (for now) to replace the 3 in a couple years. The 3 is too small. If the Rivian is no go, we’d absolutely get another Y.