Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two 'unlocks' needed to release charging cable in the morning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problem I'm seeing is not software related. It goes through the unlock process correctly and I can hear the pin clunk but it does not withdraw enough to remove the connector until I give the emergency release a tug. Makes me think it is the pin interfering with the hole in the plug so that the pin can't fully withdraw.

That’s my experience exactly. Although I wait for the unlock option to come back on my phone rather than using the emergency release. It hasn’t happened to me since I enlarged the hole on my connector; three cable releases at first go. However, it hasn’t been quite so cold so that may be a factor.

Reactions: andyf1140
That’s my experience exactly. Although I wait for the unlock option to come back on my phone rather than using the emergency release. It hasn’t happened to me since I enlarged the hole on my connector; three cable releases at first go. However, it hasn’t been quite so cold so that may be a factor.
I'm thinking of taking a file to mine too

Reactions: MadScientist
Has anybody had any luck solving this?
I’m still getting it after every overnight charge, even since the new software update. Think I’m going to log a service appointment, in the grand scheme of things it’s not a huge issue but for a “premium” brand and a £45k+ car, it’s rather annoying!