Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two-year Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Roy W.

Battery running low...
Jun 3, 2019
Derby, UK
Yesterday my Model 3 LR went into the (relatively) new Nottingham Service Centre for its first two-yearly service, at 24500 miles.

Because I wanted a courtesy car my booking was made about four weeks ago. My courtesy car was a 19 plate Model 3 Performance in black, with FSD enabled.

This was my first visit to the Nottingham SC, and very nice it is too. A very spacious showroom area, with a 3 and an X on display. The Service side is all contactless, so a couple of days before I got a text asking for a photo of my driving licence, then a little later a loan car agreement to sign electronically and return.

The day before the appointment I got an email with the key collection details, using a key safe system on the wall at the Service entrance. Of course this didn’t work (it said the key was already logged out) so I rang the doorbell and a nice Tesla man armed with laptop came out to me. Key problem sorted.

They didn’t need my car key - the security on the car is all remotely disabled by them.

During the day I received various messages from my technician, starting off with a quote of £205.99 to approve. Then at about 3pm I got a phone call to say it was ready for collection. When I dropped the loan car key off (they didn’t suggest using the key safe again…) they gave me a one-off temporary PIN for my car, and explained once I’d left the geofence of the dealership my PIN to Drive would revert to my own, and the Tesla app would come out of Service Mode and return control of the car to me. Spooky!

The invoice appeared in my Tesla app and they had charged it to my card on file as requested. For some reason the cost reduced slightly from the quote, and I ended up paying £190.00. Not bad for two years servicing.

What was included in the service?
Invoiced as follows:

Correction Item:
Reseal area around both front upper control arm ball joints with urethane.

Two-year Service:
Clean and lubricate brake calipers.
Check brake fluid.
Replace cabin air filter.
Rotate tyres.
Check and adjust tyre pressures.
Top-up washer fluid. ;)

Admittedly not a lot there, but at least I’ve got the peace of mind that someone (hopefully!) qualified has given it the once over.

I went to Nottingham a few weeks ago. It wasn't fully contactless as the girl at the service desk came out and gave me the loaner keycard and the PIN. It didn't work though so she sent a new one to my phone. IIRC I had to give them my keycard as well.

The return collection was the same process.

Invoiced as follows:

Correction Item:
Reseal area around both front upper control arm ball joints with urethane.

Two-year Service:
Clean and lubricate brake calipers.
Check brake fluid.
Replace cabin air filter.
Rotate tyres.
Check and adjust tyre pressures.
Top-up washer fluid. ;)

Admittedly not a lot there, but at least I’ve got the peace of mind that someone (hopefully!) qualified has given it the once over.
Print out the invoice + details of work done and keep it with your V5. Sounds old fashioned and yes it's all available electronically - but having a piece of paper to hand over could really help the resale value a few years down the line.
Always keep anything that says "service", "filter", "lubricate", "oil" etc. The record of service could easily be worth more than what you paid to have it done.