TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

U.S. Specific Reservations

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by SOCALM3, Apr 3, 2016.

1. SOCALM3

SOCALM3 Member

Does anyone know how many Model 3's have been reserved in the U.S. alone?

2. ZAKEEUS

ZAKEEUS Member

Im sure a lot of people would like to know this and how many were reserved in store.

3. SureValla

SureValla Member

I'd like to know how many were reserved in my state

4. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2018.32.4

#4 MorrisonHiker, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    I know at least three were reserved by residents in my town which has a population of ~432.

If you leave out the nursing home residents, there are fewer than 300 residents in the town. Soon more than 1% of the town residents will own Teslas! ;)

• Love x 2
    • Like x 1
  5. badbot

badbot Member

Over half of all Teslas are California cars.

6. melindav

melindav ☰ reserved

#6 melindav, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
    more like a quarter.

ETA for misreading ;) - ¼ in the US, ⅛ worldwide

7. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

If that is correct, then it would be closer to half of all US Teslas are California ones, since about half of Teslas are sold overseas.

8. melindav

melindav ☰ reserved

I'm going off an estimate looking at the Model3Tracker...
    There have been 2,289 US reservations logged. Of those 579 are in CA. that is 25.29% of US reservations on Model3Tracker going to CA.

I had actually read @badbot's comment wrong, and had thought he was saying ½ of all US were CA. So really the correct response to him should have been ⅛ of all are CA.