Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UI Suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finished my first long distance road trip. Tesla should implement/fix the following:

1. Enlarge album cover art for music.
2. Allow to edit a spoken text before sending it.
3. Fix the double tap to cancel text option. When you double tap it sends the text.
4 Every now and then Tesla pulls some random text message from my phone and displays it as new though it doesn't show on my phone as new.
5. When going in reverse, if passenger chooses a climate or music function you lose the reverse camera. Provide ability to put camera back on without having to go to park then reverse again to bring it up.
6. Keep reverse camera on while going back and forth when backing into a parking spot (reverse camera turns off when you immediately go in drive) or make that an option.
7. Display pics from text messages otherwise don't recite the filename, URL or other coded portion of the text.
8. Have ability to set a chime in car to notify of 5 minutes to charging completion. If you're napping during a charge, you may not see/hear the cellphone notification.
9. When showing total charge at a supercharger, should show what the $/Kw rate charged to credit card. Many superchargers have different rates based on time of day or # of stalls occupied.
10. Show some intel of charging rates of the other stalls to allow you to pick the right stall, if possible.
11. For mapped-out route, should show ETA of final destination instead of just the ETA to the next supercharger.
12. Have ability to move change/lane side-view camera window on screen. As it's placed now, I have to move my right hand on the steering wheel every time to see the image.

Regarding this:
5. When going in reverse, if passenger chooses a climate or music function you lose the reverse camera. Provide ability to put camera back on without having to go to park then reverse again to bring it up.

There's an tool in the toolbox that is round and resembles a camera lens. Touching it toggles the backup camera view on and off. I have arranged to have that show on my console all the time.