Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems a bit odd that .16 never made it to a very wide release, but maybe that is still to come, and this .20 is a very early EAP. It could be that there are more EAP users now and the program is getting more leaky.
.16 seems to be aimed at model S in UK. The data on TeslaFi shows as all UK are Model S. More than 400 pending installs on TeslaFi for .16, so probably can be considered wide release now.

Reactions: tsh2
Release includes:

new features may include Bethesda's Fallout Shelter, Theater Improvements, TRAX Improvements, and possibly more! -TeslaScope

I wonder if this is true, is a set of minimal changes to keep people happy, ahead of the release of the fundamental AP rewrite? Its not always great having multiple concurrent releases running in parallel as there is more work to do reintegrating at the merge. Its been widely implied that the AP rewrite has been taking some time so would be unlikely to fit within their normal release cycle cadence. The much rumoured July 1st FSD price increase also fits in with expectations of something big come that time, but then, so did the v10 release and that was a bit of a damp squib...

The AP rewrite will be the best thing since, erm, the last AP rewrite... seriously, it should fix the root cause of so many issues and is going to give Tesla no excuses when things do not work as expected. But its such a fundamental change, I'm going to want to wait and see how it performs in the wild. I would not be surprised if there were many regressions on initial versions. But its going to be great when its sorted and along with relaxing of some un-r79 rules, should bring the big step change that AP/FSD needs.

Last edited:
Release includes:

new features may include Bethesda's Fallout Shelter, Theater Improvements, TRAX Improvements, and possibly more! -TeslaScope
Omg nice.. more stuff that's completely unrelated to the core tech.

Why don't they spend less time twatting about with extra games and theatre stuff and more time on FSD, etc... how about gapless playback on USB music, for starters.

I wonder if this is true, is a set of minimal changes to keep people happy, ahead of the release of the fundamental AP rewrite? Its not always great having multiple concurrent releases running in parallel as there is more work to do reintegrating at the merge. Its been widely implied that the AP rewrite has been taking some time so would be unlikely to fit within their normal release cycle cadence. The much rumoured July 1st FSD price increase also fits in with expectations of something big come that time, but then, so did the v10 release and that was a bit of a damp squib...

The AP rewrite will be the best thing since, erm, the last AP rewrite... seriously, it should fix the root cause of so many issues and is going to give Tesla no excuses when things do not work as expected. But its such a fundamental change, I'm going to want to wait and see how it performs in the wild. I would not be surprised if there were many regressions on initial versions. But its going to be great when its sorted and along with relaxing of some un-r79 rules, should bring the big step change that AP/FSD needs.
I agree with the big AP/FSD rewrite linking with the July price increase. What also worries me is how much the monthly option will be! It will take UK FSD upgrade to nearly £7k, if you with that out over 48 months you are on nearly £150 a month before they charge a premium for monthly so I can see it being £200-250 a month personally. Unless we are able to get many of the features US vehicles have I can't see many (me included) going for it unfortunately.

Who is going to pay £200+ a month for FSD once they realise what it can't do above and beyond the standard features?

I paid for FSD, but even I can admit that beyond Summon - which is seriously crippled to the point of comedy in the UK - there isn't really much to be said for what you get for the money. I bought into the "idea" that it would be better in the future, and that I would be among the first to get new features (e.g. responding to traffic lights). Lane changing without losing TACC is great, I'll admit, but you need to be doing regular drives on such roads to see that benefit.

Tesla would make some money I suppose in people paying £200 for one month of FSD (before cancelling), but they'd potentially lose more from people making the jump to buy the whole thing outright. Letting people see behind the curtain might not be in their best interests.

Omg nice.. more stuff that's completely unrelated to the core tech.

Why don't they spend less time twatting about with extra games and theatre stuff and more time on FSD, etc... how about gapless playback on USB music, for starters.
Agreed, definitely other bugs they could be spending their time on fixing. But they may fix them without putting them in release notes too.

I imagine they have an entertainment team, front end user interface team, neural network team, image recognition team etc.

Each of these teams will be using very different technologies and programming languages. Each team will have their own product roadmap.

Whilst the addition of Fallout Shelter may not be on anyones most wanted feature list for overall new car features perhaps they were high on the games we'd like to see included next list that the gaming team are responsible for?

Its actually gapless recording. So thats in the hands of the sensors team, but it interferes with AP, so its also AP team but may also be a hardware conflict...

I suspect the teams are more vertically integrated, in which case a team will have the skills to undertake the whole task, so the product owner will prioritise the work and teams will assemble themselves around the upcoming tasks.