Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.28.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
28.x Updates seem to have gone quiet. Apparently 16 amp charging is fixed in either .1 or .2
Might one suppose that it’s not being generally pushed out until the charging issue is being seen to be resolved?
I'm still on 20.17 having been used to fairly quick updates. I logged the fault weeks back and subsequently had a service cancelled as expected. I think the same as you, i.e. updates held until they're sure the charging glitch is sorted. I expect we'll see a surge again soon (hopefully not an electrical one!)

Found this in a german forum, looks like traffic light and stop signs are already in early access in Europe. (28.10)
upload_2020-7-16_20-42-4.jpeg

FYI 2020.28.1 is a huge huge update for European/Dutch 3.0 fsd drivers. Our traffic lights are high up on this side of the crossing. The AI now looks higher up in the air can for the first time see the difference between red and green when you are first in line. Big change. That explains why it goes into Europe mostly. Interestingly enough it is not mentioned in the release notes. Was considered a minor bug I guess.
View attachment 563686

I can also confirm that 2020.28.x is much better at picking up traffic lights that are to the side or above the car. I had the opportunity for a test this morning with 2020.28.2. In the photo below you can (hopefully) see that the FSD visualisation can detect both of the traffic lights on the left even though I had the bonnet of the car over the 'stop' line. Indeed from this position I couldn't really see the front light without leaning forward.

traffic-lights.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: CMc1
Last edited:
Reactions: Mr H and tsh2
I read the article ...
So did I...
The article only mentioned about the unique hvac system that I could see. But then, I didn't see it mention model Y only either.

Exactly, hence asking source. TeslaScope have confirmed Model Y support with their smart release notes (HTML code that decides which cars get what in-car release notes, based on model, region etc). No mention of Model 3 support in release notes (yet?).

23C2F30C-9EEA-4E8A-98DD-1DCBF1183908.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Mark-R
Exactly, hence asking source. TeslaScope have confirmed Model Y support with their smart release notes (HTML code that decides which cars get what in-car release notes, based on model, region etc). No mention of Model 3 in release notes (yet?).

I'm more than ready to accept your added info ... I misunderstood what you were getting at ...

• Helpful
Reactions: CMc1
So did I...
Exactly, hence asking source. TeslaScope have confirmed Model Y support with their smart release notes (HTML code that decides which cars get what in-car release notes, based on model, region etc). No mention of Model 3 support in release notes (yet?).

I don't think it works in a Model 3 (with 2020.28.2). I have just sat in the car for a few minutes adjusting the A/C and vents and the passenger side vent stayed on all the time.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
I don't think it works in a Model 3 (with 2020.28.2). I have just sat in the car for a few minutes adjusting the A/C and vents and the passenger side vent stayed on all the time.
supported by TeslaScope saying only in USA and Canada as well as Model Y. (The only regions the Y has been officially released to thus far). Model 3 may come in a future .1 release or there could be a underlying hardware difference in the vents on the Y. Maybe the Munro tear down supports this?
If it is hardware related, the update may filter onto the 3 production line in the future.

• Informative
Reactions: Mark-R