Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well the release notes do specify that it only works on local roads. Not highways/motorways.

I hadn't spotted that severe limitation. That might explain why the map data seemed to take preference over cameras. I would think that one of the most useful places of this feature was motorways with variable speed limits and roadworks.

[edit]
Just a thought, wonder if this limitation is due to the potential speed of the vehicle on 'non local' roads. It seems to be spotting the cameras very late even at <30 mph. Maybe a limitation to be fixed in the rewrite when it uses longer range camera?
[/edit]

Lets just hope that it works on non dual carriageway A roads otherwise it will be totally useless. But there is some hope as they seemed to work on the A322 heading north at junction with M3/J3, a similar dual carriageway.

Last edited:
Reactions: JupiterMan
2020.36.10 showing on teslafi now.

More details from the link below. Couple of vehicles in Germany and Sweden so far. Main rollout still concentrating on 2020.36.3.1

Hopefully more than just bug fixes in the .3.1 to .10 step even if they are not release noteworthy.

TeslaFi said:
Software version 2020.36.10 was just detected on a Tesla Model 3 Long Range DM in Germany. The highest previous version was 2020.36.3.1. Follow the 2020.36.10 release at TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Last edited:
Traffic lights and stop sign control is live in UK!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 57
Drove few circles around Newbury/Thatcham to try out this long-awaited feature. Initial observations are:
- It is definitely useful. Not 100% accurate, but certainly step in the right direction. Hopefully Tesla will utilise our data to further refine the neural net
- Stop lines accuracy did not change. Most well drawn lines are spot on, but some worn out can be a bit out. Mini-roundabouts tend to be seen as stop lines, regular roundabouts are not observed as stop lines. Zebra crossings are not yet recognised in any way.
- Car will slow down and stop to any traffic light regardless of colour. It will chime when approaching green light. For it to go through green you have to confirm car observation with stalk or pedal. Normally chime comes in a good time when light is far enough and some seconds before car starts slowing down.
- This feature is useful when going straight through junctions. Not so much for turns, auto-steer/cruise control still freak out on most junction turns in town.
- It seems that a combination of cameras and map data is used to determine stop lines and traffic lights. Some traffic lights behind bends where clearly "expected" by the car before cameras could see them.
- On one occasion had an alert about road departure detected / corrective steering applied for no good reason. Road was poorly lit with some cars parked around, but still have not noticed this issue before.
- Traffic lights visualisation is now bright and juicy :)

All in all, for me 2020.36.10 is the most important update since I got the car back in December last year.

36.10 here in France too. For the first time, the car hasn't hurtled itself towards a roundabout on CC - it now slows down to a stop. I haven't been near any traffic lights but as I have the necessary radio buttons in the autopilot section, I guess it's functioning. Plenty of caveats in the release note...but coming along nicely.