Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems to have two modes of sign detection - it'll either detect a sign just as you're passing it, or it'll detect it quite some distance ahead. The latter is where I think it's using GPS.. it expects a sign there so shortcuts recognition.

It doesn't seem to use the sign recognition though - today I passed a clear 30mph sign and the speed limit in the car remained at 40.

I've never heard the chime on green either - I suspect it's timed to go off long after cars behind you would have started honking their horns, and I'm not willing to test that on a saturday..

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
My traffic signs were not showing while the traffic light stuff wasworking, so I disconnected usb and did a full reboot. Then it started seeing the signs. Now whether it adjusts speeds to the signs seems entirely inconsistent.

I haven't had to visit a service centre yet, but if I do, I'll be displaying one of these:
I'm rather particular when it comes to car cleaning and wouldn't trust any brand of garage to do it with the same care.

I like a clean car but see no reason to be obsessive when i live in rural wales with another winter coming up. the lanes are so narrow here that it's hard to get down some without foliage touching both sides plus mud, dung and tractor clods and rain....

It seems to have two modes of sign detection - it'll either detect a sign just as you're passing it, or it'll detect it quite some distance ahead. The latter is where I think it's using GPS.. it expects a sign there so shortcuts recognition.

I’ve had it display a temp roadworks limit at the furthest extent of the visualisation’s viewpoint.

3C912EA5-BB8E-47BA-B78C-313049C99B2A.jpeg

My only concern really is that, at least in the UK, speed limits begin at the sign and I know of at least one local road that goes from a NSL to a 40, and there is often a safety camera van within about 100 metres.

If the car gracefully slows down to 40 once past the sign, I could envisage getting done in situations like that.

Still, progress being made. Not driven mine yet with this update but it feels like a major jump in functionality.

A couple of pics showing before, during and after it changed speed limit and target speed approaching a temp 40 limit

88305900-5F67-45E8-AA94-0C73549621BA.png

F39B821C-DC25-4CA7-A2E2-75C96013115A.png

70AB096E-D3E1-466B-9F35-C308191293A5.png

You know what's even more impressive than speed sign detection? Its that its detecting two motorcyclists - one very difficult to see.

I think this follows on from my experience of it detecting and slowing for cyclists better too.

Nope not yet.
Haven’t had map update 2019.21 yet. My expectation, based on earlier updates is that the map might come through next Tuesday with 2020.36 the following week or October.
But, who knows...
I can’t justify the cost of FSD at all. Summon is next to useless for me. Auto park in a supermarket car park is at best pretty dire and until FSD can handle parked cars and navigation is more flexible I’ll wait. Right now, it’s a concept rather than a value for money add on.

Well, the UK rollout seems to have stalled! Yesterday it looked like a massive rollout had begun and I was hopeful of the update on my (non-FSD) M3 but it looks like it went to a lot of cars in the States and has slowed again. Does anyone without FSD have this update yet?