Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.44.30

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think lights flashing briefly during updates is a thing that I saw reported some considerable time ago. Not sure how widespread it was, though.

But switching on main beam for a prolonged period of time - worst case that could be illegal if parked on the street.

I think lights flashing briefly during updates is a thing that I saw reported some considerable time ago. Not sure how widespread it was, though.

But switching on main beam for a prolonged period of time - worst case that could be illegal if parked on the street.

Yep. This was definitely not a brief flash.

I thought the same, fortunately for me the headlights were facing the garage door and not visible from any road.

I checked the CCTV and I was definitely not imagining, I have a video of whole thing.

During daylight, or had I been elsewhere in the house over those few minutes, I may never have noticed.

I *think* the roundabout exit indicator issue is solved.

The use case is, you are on a roundabout turning (say) right - 3rd exit. You indicate right as normal. When you pass the second (penultimate) exit, you want to indicate left to show you are exiting the roundabout, but this just cancels the right indicator. Possibly dangerous on a busy motorway exit as you'd have to remember to press the stalk down twice.

Tried it this morning, post 2021.44.30.6 update, and it seems to be behaving as one would expect. Indicate one way then press and hold opposite way for 1/2 a second and it turns on the opposite indicator. Half press and release (either way) and it cancels.
Mine is still doing this on 2021.44.30.7, have to press the indicator down twice to indicate left. Very annoying and not sure when this changed from previous behaviour. Now I keep forgetting and exiting roundabouts without indicating left as all I've done is cancelled the right indicator

Reactions: Wol747
Mine is still doing this on 2021.44.30.7, have to press the indicator down twice to indicate left. Very annoying and not sure when this changed from previous behaviour. Now I keep forgetting and exiting roundabouts without indicating left as all I've done is cancelled the right indicator
I just do a long press down. That makes sure the left indicator goes on.

Just installing 30.7 and I suppose 30.8 will be along shortly too. Doing it all from the app as the whole household has come down with COVID so we’re still isolating *sigh*

[EDIT] Just thought I’d add, both my wife and I are fully vaccinated with three jabs so far (we’re both nurses). Our son is only 18months old so no jabs there. Only I have symptoms :( [\EDIT]

Reactions: goRt
Just installing 30.7 and I suppose 30.8 will be along shortly too. Doing it all from the app as the whole household has come down with COVID so we’re still isolating *sigh*

[EDIT] Just thought I’d add, both my wife and I are fully vaccinated with three jabs so far (we’re both nurses). Our son is only 18months old so no jabs there. Only I have symptoms :( [\EDIT]
Poor you. Hope you all fully recover quickly.
I don’t think 30.8 is going to go out on wide release. It’s only on one car on Teslafi. Maybe a trial run for a further release
as an aside, I think walk away lock time has shortened. When I shut the car door and left the garage, it seemed like just 10 seconds. I usually make it to to the house door but not that time.

With most recent update, I'm now seeing the "Cold Weather best practices" or wording to that affect on the screen almost every morning, is there a way to acknowledge this and get on with my life?
Add that to the "Did you know..." every time you open the charging section on the app.

(As it happens, I did know, and I get reminded every time I open the app).

Poor you. Hope you all fully recover quickly.
I don’t think 30.8 is going to go out on wide release. It’s only on one car on Teslafi. Maybe a trial run for a further release
as an aside, I think walk away lock time has shortened. When I shut the car door and left the garage, it seemed like just 10 seconds. I usually make it to to the house door but not that time.
30.8 just arrived for me @Dilly