Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.44.30

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021.44.30.8 is now rolling out.

The 3 recent minor updates have fixed a number of bugs introduced with V11 but Tesla is still trying to fix the heat pump issues that are affecting users across the world (myself included). If you notice any changes, drop them in the comments.

Reactions: MrT3
Sorted itself out, without me doing anything except entering the car...
Well, entering the car will wake it up. BTW, It's normal that the car is not connected to wi-fi (or, in fact, any network at all) when it's sleeping.

The proof of the pudding is whether you can wake the car again from the app once it's gone to sleep. To wake your car the app causes the Tesla mothership to send a text message to the cellular modem in the car. This wakes the computer and causes it to reconnect to the network (whether that be the wi-fi network or the cellular network). This whole process typically takes around 10 seconds.

Reactions: PITA
44.30.7 installed today 15/1/21 at 12:15.
And the changes are??
Release notes seem to be exactly the same as previously.
Strange.

Not that strange really. There are many occasions when this has been the case in the past. Presumably any changes are "under the hood" rather than ones that affect the use of the car directly. Off the top of my head I would estimate that around 20% of software updates have no addition to the release notes compared to the previously downloaded version.

Just updated from 2021.44.30.6 to 2021.44.30.7 (update was pushed over LTE) and it took around 90 minutes to install - spending the best part of an hour showing 10% progress. Probably just a glitch in the matrix, but just a heads up in case anyone else sees similar behaviour.

Started the 2021.44.30.7 install on mine, during the update and during the long pause at 10% I noticed a bright white light on the driveway - went to investigate and the car had put it's headlights on main beam. I just waited and a few minutes later, they turned off and the update resumed.

It was a close encounters of the third kind moment.

Was this some firmware update on the headlights controller, I've no idea.