Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q3 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw another Tesla which had something like those rim bladed fitted. Looks like they had (I assume recently) hit a kerb and they were not in the best of shape - it wouldn't have taken much to start whipping the wheel arch if they had not already done it.

Sorry, crap photo, but the protector had split away from the rim as per arrow and I remember, doesn't show in the picture, the rim seemed to have either split in two or was fitted in multiple parts and that one 'end' was flapping free.

View attachment 710429
I have heard many stories of body damage when these fail

Reactions: MrBadger
Is it a case of it being ok after a stage 1 polish or similar?
I will find out tomorrow he just said it was super bad for a car 6 days old

Attachments

• CD4B51D8-85BA-481E-88CC-A31F0957A7E3.jpeg
    CD4B51D8-85BA-481E-88CC-A31F0957A7E3.jpeg
    673.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 7931E20E-74EF-4672-B8D9-1B36DDBAEF1D.jpeg
    7931E20E-74EF-4672-B8D9-1B36DDBAEF1D.jpeg
    641.6 KB · Views: 61
  • E0E756C4-2296-4FD2-8F6E-E636DA88D31F.jpeg
    E0E756C4-2296-4FD2-8F6E-E636DA88D31F.jpeg
    879 KB · Views: 80
  • AE0E1BD1-3261-4A44-A2EF-023EDC445FD3.jpeg
    AE0E1BD1-3261-4A44-A2EF-023EDC445FD3.jpeg
    618.3 KB · Views: 71
Car factories produce cars to a set standard/thickness of finish on a continuous production flow. Detailers finish cars as a one off article and there will always be a world of difference in the end result due to time/products allocated to said finish. I received my Tesla 3 MIC from Newcastle last Tuesday and the fit and finish was equal to my previous two new cars (Jaguar XF) (Discovery sport) but I will admit a detailer will improve the finish but you have to be realistic as to what you are expecting on a factory new car verses a day of finishing/detailing. I'm not knocking detailing/finishing as my car will get ceramic coated tomorrow but have you ever met a detailer/finisher who says your car requires no work as the finish is absolute perfection :)

Car factories produce cars to a set standard/thickness of finish on a continuous production flow. Detailers finish cars as a one off article and there will always be a world of difference in the end result due to time/products allocated to said finish. I received my Tesla 3 MIC from Newcastle last Tuesday and the fit and finish was equal to my previous two new cars (Jaguar XF) (Discovery sport) but I will admit a detailer will improve the finish but you have to be realistic as to what you are expecting on a factory new car verses a day of finishing/detailing. I'm not knocking detailing/finishing as my car will get ceramic coated tomorrow but have you ever met a detailer/finisher who says your car requires no work as the finish is absolute perfection :)
I get your point but to need a 2 stage detail on a car 6 days old is poor imho

and as I said he wasn’t saying to add to the cost he stuck to the price quoted

it’s an expensive car that with some effort could be delivered in a better condition

Reactions: Seeds369
I get your point but to need a 2 stage detail on a car 6 days old is poor imho

and as I said he wasn’t saying to add to the cost he stuck to the price quoted

it’s an expensive car that with some effort could be delivered in a better condition
😮 stage 2 was needed? Hope I don’t have to do that! I figured stage 1 as I’d expect some defects. That’s been the case with all new cars I’ve had, BMW’s, Audis and Merc’s.

Reactions: Bobster1967
the way the tyres are stretched over the wider uberturbines also means that the alloys are sitting "proud" too. 20s are pretty bad as it is as you have very little sidewall and this is worse
View attachment 709691
Stunning wheels though, I contacted Tesla yesterday to enquire about retro fitting these wheels to my LR that I pick up tomorrow in Glasgow at 11am (very excited 😆) but I was told yes by sales then told to call service and they said no which was disappointing, due to the bigger brakes on the performance giving an alignment issue.

Stunning wheels though, I contacted Tesla yesterday to enquire about retro fitting these wheels to my LR that I pick up tomorrow in Glasgow at 11am (very excited 😆) but I was told yes by sales then told to call service and they said no which was disappointing, due to the bigger brakes on the performance giving an alignment issue.
Tesla would also have charged you a small fortune for the wheels! I've ordered my 19" sport wheels from Green-Drive. You can get the Uberturbine replicas from there.

9am Brent Cross tomorrow.
I'll be the one with the backpack stuffed with accessories to go straight in.
It's been a brutal 2 months. There's nothing left to read or watch I haven't already seen - just try and get some sleep tonight.
I really hope there's nothing wrong with it or I fear it'll push me over the edge into madness.
Hi Mike, please provide some detailed feedback of both your car and the collection experience. Im picking up next Wednesday at 9am from Brent Cross so your experience is of interest to me. Hope all is well with your pick up tomorrow, good luck!

Reactions: moodel_tree
Tesla would also have charged you a small fortune for the wheels! I've ordered my 19" sport wheels from Green-Drive. You can get the Uberturbine replicas from there.

Thanks for that I’ll definitely be checking them out

funnily enough spoke to a different person and they said that they can and would fit Uber turbines to my LR but for the tidy sum of £4375.96 inc Pirelli Summer PZ4’s 😃