Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q3 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Following this thread with interest - how is the build quality? Mine arrives end of this month and I've just taken receipt of the Tesla PPF for the sill in front of the rear wheel ahead of a trip to the NW a week after I get it
I've had mine 3 weeks now and maybe I just got incredibly lucky but mine is faultless apart from an ever so slight gap of about 1mm on the rear drivers side light cluster compared to the other but I could probably fix myself in 10 seconds if it bothered me but doesn't. Paint is flawless all round and i've washed it by hand twice now and not noticed a thing, and the interior seems very well put together.

I know Tesla is notorious for this but it's much better than either of the two new Mercedes i had before the model 3, the first had a bad paint defect all over the drivers door as well as the rear roof pillar, The last one had a couple slight dents in the front A pillar as well as the boot lid. So in my experience so far Tesla has been great.

I've had mine 3 weeks now and maybe I just got incredibly lucky but mine is faultless apart from an ever so slight gap of about 1mm on the rear drivers side light cluster compared to the other but I could probably fix myself in 10 seconds if it bothered me but doesn't. Paint is flawless all round and i've washed it by hand twice now and not noticed a thing, and the interior seems very well put together.

I know Tesla is notorious for this but it's much better than either of the two new Mercedes i had before the model 3, the first had a bad paint defect all over the drivers door as well as the rear roof pillar, The last one had a couple slight dents in the front A pillar as well as the boot lid. So in my experience so far Tesla has been great.
What colour did you go for?

What colour did you go for?
White as seen here :D

• Love
Reactions: mosraza
While I was on the phone to tech support this morning about my lost premium connectivity, I mentioned about the missing SuC miles. She could see I had used a referral so re-applied them to my account. She told me to logout of the app and try again in a few minutes. Needless to say they're still not showing. I'm assuming the Lootbox should show my SuC miles?
Thanks for the update. Yeah, it should just appear in your lootbox. I wonder if you could get a few extra miles on top of your 1000 for the inconvenience 😉

Reactions: sparkymark75
Thanks for the update. Yeah, it should just appear in your lootbox. I wonder if you could get a few extra miles on top of your 1000 for the inconvenience 😉
Still not showing in the loot box but is now showing on the charging page on the Tesla website.

sucm.PNG

One issue down, one to go....

Reactions: IAmNotARobot
I've read in some other threads that if you're picking up from a place with a supercharger, you can charge up for free on collection day. Something to do with the car still showing as under Tesla's system.

Can anyone confirm this?
Hi you can get free supercharger miles on tour new Tesla while you have no access to the app. When the App is available you will have to pay.

Still not showing in the loot box but is now showing on the charging page on the Tesla website.

View attachment 706618

One issue down, one to go....
Maybe uninstall the app and reinstall?

Hi you can get free supercharger miles on tour new Tesla while you have no access to the app. When the App is available you will have to pay.
I've already installed the app, does that make a difference?
Basically I'm picking up from Brent Cross, they have 2 SuC, but likely hood of me even getting plugged in at pick up is slim, on the off chance I get one, I wouldn't want to be charging during the day if it's not free it I'm using SuC miles, as they have a higher tariff between 0900 - 2100 hours

In the past, the free supercharger miles have not shown up until the first charge. Sounds like that is still the norm.

The first 1000 supercharger miles I got from referral showed up in my app immediately after handover, but I'm now due a second 1000 due to a second referral but neither of us are showing anything. No word back from my SA about it, but if I hear anything I'll post back

While I was on the phone to tech support this morning about my lost premium connectivity, I mentioned about the missing SuC miles. She could see I had used a referral so re-applied them to my account. She told me to logout of the app and try again in a few minutes. Needless to say they're still not showing. I'm assuming the Lootbox should show my SuC miles?
My SA told me today referral miles would take 6 weeks after collection

Well most things are OK.
The only issues I have now is Spotify unable to provision new accounts, walk away door lock is not selectable and supercharger miles aren't showing (although I'm led to believe they don't always show straight away).

No Super Chargers at Kennedy St. It was suggested I use the one at Motherwell off the M8.

Since that wasn't on the way home I just used the ones at Perth. Arrived with 11% battery remaining and my first "range anxiety" experience - but nothing major to worry about really :)

• Love
Reactions: mosraza