Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q3 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn’t you only collect your car in the last week? Surprised you’re getting an update already. Everything I’ve been told, newer cars sit on a factory software build for a few weeks before they start getting updates.

I collected my car at the start of September and I’m still on 2021.3.105.
I only collected the car on the 22/09/21 but there is a long story behind why I believe that I’m getting it. Short version Having major software issues with the car long list. So Tesla asked me to do a factory reset, after doing so the car thought it was in America and the next morning the update was sitting in my app, but still having issues booked in on the 30th at Edinburgh

I took delivery of my Red 3LR yesterday afternoon. The pickup was from the NEC just by Birmingham airport. It was signposted from just off the motorway, and the vast hanger is easy to find. I was an hour early, and that was no problem. A friendly Tesla rep guided two very excited people to the car and left us to it, saying, "call me if you have any questions". I had my downloaded checklist, and we worked our way through that.

The car had 123 miles of charge. Sufficient to get me home, but I stopped at the new services outside Rugby and plugged in there.

The only thing that came out of the inspection process was that Tesla had not provided the USB dongle for the cameras. The rep was called, and he found one and showed me how to format it.

Working through the menus, I got a few messages saying something like "premium connectivity" is not included. It would seem that until you have accepted the car and Tesla has ticked all of the boxes, connectivity will not activate. Once again, Jo, the rep, came over, and he signed the car over to me, and within five minutes, I was able to check the sound system and traffic info availability.

I would highly recommend a checklist for your collection. The car is initially overwhelming, and the menu system and all the multiple options are a handful.

On the drive home, the Autopilot quickly calibrated, and when finished, I double-clicked the Drive Lever and "bong" a warning message that Autopilot needs to be activated in the menu. I found the menu, and it says you must be stationary. Once stopped at Rugby services and all those sliders moved about, the AP worked flawlessly on the Motorway home.

Overall, a perfect day out.

Picked up M3 Blue LR with 19's and white interior. I must say, I checked over the car using a checklist hoping to find something (I don't know why, perhaps I was expecting an issue???), But it was perfect. Everything was spot on. Manchester Trafford centre staff were laid back, whilst there on hand. Basically handed the keys over within about 1 minute, then sent me off to the car. It was easier to collect this £55k car, than to pickup a click and collect order from Tesco!

Now I just have to try to convince my car that my WiFi is strong enough to actually download an update!

I only collected the car on the 22/09/21 but there is a long story behind why I believe that I’m getting it. Short version Having major software issues with the car long list. So Tesla asked me to do a factory reset, after doing so the car thought it was in America and the next morning the update was sitting in my app, but still having issues booked in on the 30th at Edinburgh
Did you report your issues via the app or call them? My car has been stuck saying it's on Standard Connectivity since the day I got it after it performed some sort of update. I've called them and they've emailed back to say they're looking into it but radio silence. Think I might get further if I raise a service case in the app.

Did you report your issues via the app or call them? My car has been stuck saying it's on Standard Connectivity since the day I got it after it performed some sort of update. I've called them and they've emailed back to say they're looking into it but radio silence. Think I might get further if I raise a service case in the app.
I called first as I couldn’t figure out how to raise it on the app 😃 but does hey called and text messaged me back very quickly. I have also raised it on the app now as well.

I’ve dealing with a technician called Jack at edinburgh and he’s been great tbh but I’m still having loads of issues new ones every day

So road trip leg 1 complete. 20 mins into the journey... BOING! Stone chip in the bonnet!!! Fuuuuu....!!
Tbh the bonnet paint seems quite thin. Gave the car its first proper clean this weekend. Paint is a mess tbh. Bonnet is somewhere between 70-85μm rest of the car is 100+ has anyone managed getting Tesla to pick up the price of a full detail?
I gave it a stage 2 and I’m still not happy with it. Removed about 30% of the swirls, I don’t know if they used sandpaper to clean it before they gave me it 🤣 Was going to do a stage 3 but I’ll need a new cutting pad.

Tbh the bonnet paint seems quite thin. Gave the car its first proper clean this weekend. Paint is a mess tbh. Bonnet is somewhere between 70-85μm rest of the car is 100+ has anyone managed getting Tesla to pick up the price of a full detail?
I gave it a stage 2 and I’m still not happy with it. Removed about 30% of the swirls, I don’t know if they used sandpaper to clean it before they gave me it 🤣 Was going to do a stage 3 but I’ll need a new cutting pad.
Why don't you log it on the app. I noticed 3 visible imperfections on my bonnet and I logged them today for them to look at and fix. Admittedly if it wasn't brand new it wouldn't bother me. But it was delivered filthy with dust and shouldn't have them. So I have logged it and I'm not going to wash it or polish it until they look it over and rectify.

Why don't you log it on the app. I noticed 3 visible imperfections on my bonnet and I logged them today for them to look at and fix. Admittedly if it wasn't brand new it wouldn't bother me. But it was delivered filthy with dust and shouldn't have them. So I have logged it and I'm not going to wash it or polish it until they look it over and rectify.
Do you think they’ll rectify if car is over 7 days/100 miles?

So it’s actually going in on weds as I logged some scratches that aren’t going to polish out, along with a scratch on the spoiler. They moved the appointment as they were ordering in a replacement. Supposed to be contactless so I wonder if I can just chat to someone about it.

So it’s actually going in on weds as I logged some scratches that aren’t going to polish out, along with a scratch on the spoiler. They moved the appointment as they were ordering in a replacement. Supposed to be contactless so I wonder if I can just chat to someone about it.
What section are you logging this under? Exterior doesn’t show any possible options for Paintwork.

ps.. anyone noticed how loud the Tesla is sometimes?! Just finished a supercharging session and boy it’s loud as I sit in the car writing this

Hey everyone

quick question how many miles are showing on your M3 LR or performance 2021 on a full charge?

my LR is showing 334 miles on 100% battery or am I missing something

Attachments

• 6D1C2ED7-EBB6-4F49-AB96-EB7EEDDF1DB7.jpeg
    6D1C2ED7-EBB6-4F49-AB96-EB7EEDDF1DB7.jpeg
    352.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 3B49F6C9-DBA2-4F3B-A6EF-D366F690032E.jpeg
    3B49F6C9-DBA2-4F3B-A6EF-D366F690032E.jpeg
    259.1 KB · Views: 45