Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q3 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Mrs politely informed me that half the schools parents are wanting to come for a drive and she's booked two playdates at the back end of this week where the dads will make a rare appearance because they want a look :D
Yes, these playdates will be a regular thing in few weeks. All about playing beach buggy and whatever the other stuff there!

Our school is literally around the corner but I'll be doing the same :D Have you tried the boombox yet, I'll bet they love that?
Ha yeah, La Curaracha has been more fun for them than the farts!

Don't think I get used to all the stares and pointing when driving round though, however, there was one old bloke who gave it a cracking dirty look whilst I was parked in tesco. Gonna have to dig out the dashcam footage of that.

Ha yeah, La Curaracha has been more fun for them than the farts!

Don't think I get used to all the stares and pointing when driving round though, however, there was one old bloke who gave it a cracking dirty look whilst I was parked in tesco. Gonna have to dig out the dashcam footage of that.
Some people are strange. I saw one like mine parked in Morrisons yesterday and couldn't stop staring at it, I never got too close though as my drooling would likely be posted on here and facebook :)

Im on version 2021.3.107 too. Has anybody else who recently took delivery, found that dashcam footage not available to view on screen but can if the usb drive is plugged into a computer? Also quite a few games in arcade cannot be played, they have ‘waiting to update’ message on screen. I’ve tried to reboot the system and formatted the drive but still no change.

I just have the basic autopilot - I wonder if it’ll be even better if I bought the EAP?
I am sure people will have different views regarding this. For UK roads my view is basic autopilot is good enough - but this is just my personal opinion. Whether the cost of SD matches the finesse and experience is debatable. In UK, we have this tendency to overtake and then going back to the middle lane all the time - may be that's how you have to use the fast lane - just for overtaking. But that brings a problem if you have a Tesla - you are constantly slowed down. My understanding from US friends is they are not worried about lane changing - as they hardly change lanes and stick to one lane. So SD is very helpful as there is no constant slowing down or the pressure to overtake and then join middle lane, so SDs are used as it is intended to use.

Im on version 2021.3.107 too. Has anybody else who recently took delivery, found that dashcam footage not available to view on screen but can if the usb drive is plugged into a computer? Also quite a few games in arcade cannot be played, they have ‘waiting to update’ message on screen. I’ve tried to reboot the system and formatted the drive but still no change.
Yes, the same except mines on 2021.3.105. My understanding is it can be up to a month to get that first update.

Reactions: redlegacy
I am sure people will have different views regarding this. For UK roads my view is basic autopilot is good enough - but this is just my personal opinion. Whether the cost of SD matches the finesse and experience is debatable. In UK, we have this tendency to overtake and then going back to the middle lane all the time - may be that's how you have to use the fast lane - just for overtaking. But that brings a problem if you have a Tesla - you are constantly slowed down. My understanding from US friends is they are not worried about lane changing - as they hardly change lanes and stick to one lane. So SD is very helpful as there is no constant slowing down or the pressure to overtake and then join middle lane, so SDs are used as it is intended to use.

Yeah I don't think EAP or FSD are worthwhile options in the UK atm. I talked myself out of EAP after watching lots of up-to-date reviews on it on UK roads, just not worth it. I was mainly looking at it for the smart summon and enhanced AP capabilities, but when watching it in action its so neutered by current UK legislation that it almost makes the features more trouble than they are worth. Summon distance being picky and the car being overly cautious, then with lane changes having to do half the work yourself anyway.

Until the legislation catches up to make auto lane changes and summon distances both more inline with what the tech is capable of, its kinda removes the level of convenience that it was designed for.

Give it a year or two (hopefully around early next year given some rumours) and we should start to see legislation fall more inline with what these cars are capable of and will make the features more worthwhile.

Well I asked them and they said they wouldn't insure on that basis - so beware if you get it done and then have to make a claim
The people you talk at the insurance company only know what they see on the screen in front of them, there is no option for PPF, because it is not necessary to declare it, hence why they told you they couldn’t cover it. PPF will absolutely definitely not ever affect the ability to make an insurance claim.

Reactions: Seeds369
Not the best pictures compared to some of you guys but I washed my car today for the first time (yes it started raining straight after!!!).

Enjoy some Tesla pics

Attachments

• 9E920473-1BE7-4DA8-8517-E5AB828CB4DC.jpeg
    9E920473-1BE7-4DA8-8517-E5AB828CB4DC.jpeg
    906.1 KB · Views: 60
  • A14ACD00-691C-4680-892E-E8C9DBD3E588.jpeg
    A14ACD00-691C-4680-892E-E8C9DBD3E588.jpeg
    349.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 60190EDE-888B-4CAD-82C0-03B40A16025A.jpeg
    60190EDE-888B-4CAD-82C0-03B40A16025A.jpeg
    397.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited: