Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q4 Collection and Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s clunky because Tesla want you to pay for the sim.
Yeah generally connecting to a phone hotspot is clunky - when I got the latest iPad Pro I opted for a cellular version just for pure laziness and to avoid 'hotspot rage' - SIM was £9/month for unlimited data which I think roams too (before the October changes).

I believe the Tesla SIM is foreign (KPN NL if I remember correctly...) and has a roaming enabled, so not bad for £9.99/month - I'll be subscribing once the trial is over, again, just for pure laziness!!

Would be nice if the Apple Music rumours come true, but might get the 3 month spotify trial for now...

Finally managed to get someone to switch me to octopus go!

Essentially got a 17 day wait to go over to octopus on an interim tariff then they will switch me to go within 12 days. The interim tariff is a bit steep at 27p per kwhr but will still be worth it in comparison to my 22p per kwhr single tariff when factoring in 90kwhrs of charging every week!

I have to say I’m not quite sure the customer service team know their arse from their elbow but if it’s gonna save me money I don’t care 🤣

Delivery confirmed 09/12 @ 2pm from Bluewater but going to chance turning up at 12:30pm. Why not?
Just saw your sig @Oxstock - why not indeed! I turned up for my 2pm at around 12.50pm because I got to Cazoo early, the process was fast, and I took up their offer of a trip 1 mile down the road to Thorpe Park since it was chucking it down outside. Approached the desk - nobody else queueing "my appointment's at 2pm, but...I'm early cos Cazoo were fast" - they were fine with it and started the process - the longest bit was having to PRINT out the finance paperwork and sign it (black horse finance via my Company) and then taking a photo and sending it back...otherwise fast service and no problem with rocking up early

Reactions: Oxstock
Just saw your sig @Oxstock - why not indeed! I turned up for my 2pm at around 12.50pm because I got to Cazoo early, the process was fast, and I took up their offer of a trip 1 mile down the road to Thorpe Park since it was chucking it down outside. Approached the desk - nobody else queueing "my appointment's at 2pm, but...I'm early cos Cazoo were fast" - they were fine with it and started the process - the longest bit was having to PRINT out the finance paperwork and sign it (black horse finance via my Company) and then taking a photo and sending it back...otherwise fast service and no problem with rocking up early
Haha! Yeh I made that decision a few days ago, taxi is booked. I may even chance it and go earlier - truth be told, I dont think the CS team care from what I've seen from others on here.

I'll just say whoopsie, I thought it was 11, Worst case I go grab lunch, take loads of photos of the cars and have a wander about in bluewater looking at overpriced handbags for my wife that I'm not going to buy. Best case I get in the car and hammer it to a supercharger. 100% know I'm going to fu*k up that process even though I've seen literally 100's of videos on it.

At this point I just hope the car isnt dirty as I really dont want to clean a car in this weather and my detailer isnt getting his hands on it until January.

She is mine !! 😁😁

Trafford Centre collection @ 10.30.

Very straight forward and smooth. Went in, gave the odometer reading from the trade in, handed over the V5C and keys, signed the trade in sheet, gave my driving licence number and was handed the key card!

Was told to take my time looking round and to pop back in of any questions / issues.

Defo a lot of white ones there 😁

IMG_20211207_104808.jpg

IMG_20211207_104811.jpg

IMG_20211207_102641.jpg

The "Collection Centre"
IMG_20211207_102643.jpg

And my contribution to #teamblack

IMG_20211207_103447.jpg

IMG_20211207_103453.jpg

IMG_20211207_103510.jpg

IMG_20211207_103516.jpg

Had 44% / 120miles of charge and 7 miles on the clock

Weather was atrocious but had a cursory look round and all seems spot on - will take a proper look later

Wireless charging works but no heated seats / steering wheel showing yet !

100% know I'm going to fu*k up that process even though I've seen literally 100's of videos on it.
me too - still had to ask for help!

At this point I just hope the car isnt dirty as I really dont want to clean a car in this weather and my detailer isnt getting his hands on it until January.
at Thorpe Park the lady who did my handover said there might be a detailer cleaning the car when I get there, if so I can still get in and get used to the car until they're done - got there, no-one else in the collection tent (it's massive compared to the ones I saw before) and the car was clean and dry...I wonder if they saw some of the feedback on here and made the effort to give them a wipe...will check everything in detail tomorrow if it stops raining, but looked pretty good when I did my quick inspection

Finally managed to get someone to switch me to octopus go!

Essentially got a 17 day wait to go over to octopus on an interim tariff then they will switch me to go within 12 days. The interim tariff is a bit steep at 27p per kwhr but will still be worth it in comparison to my 22p per kwhr single tariff when factoring in 90kwhrs of charging every week!

I have to say I’m not quite sure the customer service team know their arse from their elbow but if it’s gonna save me money I don’t care 🤣
Have they confirmed your daytime rate on Go yet?

Interested as mine is due for renewal this month - currently 13.96p, also NW based.

oof thats going to be a big old change coming your way.

Up to 25p for me and I've been with Octopus for years. I think most people have been similar.
That's what I'm expecting to be fair. One or two on here seem to have rolled forward on their existing terms but suspect that was an Octopus glitch.

Has pushed me over the line now to move ahead with battery and solar install.

Up to 25p for me and I've been with Octopus for years. I think most people have been similar.
I locked in for 24 months in May as my Scottish Power deal came to an end - luckily with ESB who have assured customers that they don't feel like going under/giving up - 16p for me...at the time the thought of an EV so soon wasn't in my plans - sticking.

According to my invoice from the supercharger at Hilton Heathrow yesterday it was 21.6p per kwh so reasonable for the charge speed and cheaper than most current electricity prices!

Delivery day complete!
SR+ no heated steering wheel nor back seats yet but I have the wireless phone charger and USB ports even though I got the text about that yesterday.
I’ll have to take some more photos another time as the weather was horrendous!

Everything seems perfect inside and out so far! Car hasn’t loaded on my phone yet (delivery 1.15pm). 20 miles on the clock

Attachments

• 8950DDAA-103F-42F9-AF62-C1B8BF141FAF.jpeg
    8950DDAA-103F-42F9-AF62-C1B8BF141FAF.jpeg
    665.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Had to arrange a mobile service to come out this Friday because my driver's side window is squeaking when you roll it up/down, and the wireless phone charger only charges my phone for 10 secs before it cuts out. Unsure if it's a dodgy charger, or my phone is too small (iPhone 12) - but annoying either way. Also now worried that because I'm not <100 miles, they'll charge me for the service despite getting the car 5 days ago!

I've got iphone 12 mini and it works fine.

Delivery day complete!
SR+ no heated steering wheel nor back seats yet but I have the wireless phone charger and USB ports even though I got the text about that yesterday.
I’ll have to take some more photos another time as the weather was horrendous!

Everything seems perfect inside and out so far! Car hasn’t loaded on my phone yet (delivery 1.15pm). 20 miles on the clock
Mine arrived too with USB ports and wireless charging. My car scraped off the back when it came down the ramp.

Reactions: Oxstock
Talking of app changes. Does the app change again in the few days or day of delivery? Mines been the same (other than Bluetooth request and delivery date under the car)
App changes from the pickup details to the actual app for controlling things in your car on day of pickup. Had my phone logged in as my husband but have now created my own Tesla account.

And the good thing is if there are two users for the car, the second user can create his/her own Tesla account, then primary user can add this user from their app. Can control profiles with seat settings and mirrors once car detects which phone key is being used. Quite cool 😎

Last edited:
That's what I'm expecting to be fair. One or two on here seem to have rolled forward on their existing terms but suspect that was an Octopus glitch.

Has pushed me over the line now to move ahead with battery and solar install.
dont blame you, but I see prices coming down again.

unrealistic to expect them to stick.
App changes from the pickup details to the actual app for controlling things in your car on day of pickup. Had my phone logged in as my husband but have now created my own Tesla account.

And the good thing is if there are two users for the car, the second user can create his/her own Tesla account, then primary user can add this user from their app. Can control profiles with seat settings and mirrors once car defects which phone key is being used. Quite cool 😎
Oh quick question on this.

Can my wife set up a tesla account now? Or is it best to wait and perhaps there's some sort of invite section on the app?

dont blame you, but I see prices coming down again.

unrealistic to expect them to stick.

Oh quick question on this.

Can my wife set up a tesla account now? Or is it best to wait and perhaps there's some sort of invite section on the app?
She can create an account now, log into it and then when your app is activated, you can add her by going into your account online in Tesla.com, Dashboard > Manage > Car Access then Add Driver where you put in her account details (First Name, Last Name, Email Address)

Attachments

• 7C45F51F-ACA2-4BCE-8DE1-8ADFD6770D8E.jpeg
    7C45F51F-ACA2-4BCE-8DE1-8ADFD6770D8E.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 43