Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dropped the other half off at Birmingham airport at 4.30 this morning, using AP on the motorway, high beam came on multiple times when headlights on the other side clearly visible or tail lights ahead of me clearly visible. Return journey on the M6 on a left bend it turned them on with lots of head lights visible on the other side. Disappointing.

I have not had this AHB issue at all on my car. In the recent night time driving I have done it has behaved exactly as I would expect when AP is enabled. Is there anyone else who hasn't experienced a problem? ( I am on 2022.24.8 by the way).
I suspect, and Tesla agree, that there are influences such as location that make our experiences differ.
It May also be hardware differences. In certain circumstances, my AHB behave as I would expect, others are “understandable” and some completely random.
AP is not the issue. AHB behaves the same on my car whether on AP or not. The issue is how what the camera sees is interpreted.

AHB seems to be good at recognising the tail lights of cars up ahead, but poor at recognising the headlights of oncoming vehicles on the other carriageway. So if most of your night time motorway driving is on busy enough motorways that it's rare not to have other vehicles visible ahead of you then you won't see the problem much.

AHB seems to be good at recognising the tail lights of cars up ahead, but poor at recognising the headlights of oncoming vehicles on the other carriageway. So if most of your night time motorway driving is on busy enough motorways that it's rare not to have other vehicles visible ahead of you then you won't see the problem much.
I think mine has the opposite problem - good at recognising headlights but poor at taillights from a medium distance (but close enough I would have them off!)

Same here. Sounds like Roy's got the head end of the donkey and we've got the arse end :D

Hmm, maybe I'm drawing the wrong conclusions, then. Certainly I found that on a busy motorway it never tried to put the main beam on. It was only later at night, when the motorway was starting to get quite quiet in some stretches, that it actually gave me problems. After the second or third misapplication of main beam, I just turned main beam off altogether, as it wasn't needed.

Since I picked the car up in March this year I’ve left AHB on. Since updating to the latest software I’ve had to turn it off. It was annoying oncoming drivers and me by constantly flicking high/low. I drive on roads where there are no road lamps for many miles - Scotland - and with constant camera obscured warnings.

It took me a while to remember what to do with that stalk thing.

• Informative
Reactions: DenkiJidousha
I'm a cheapskate and don't pay for Tesla premium connectivity, nor do I have a Spotify subscription. However prior to 2022.24 I enjoyed listening to Spotify using the free Tesla account using a WiFi hotspot.

After the 2022.24 update I'm logged out of Spotify - just presented with the Spotify login screen - no option for using the Tesla account.

Anyone else experiencing this? Have I missed this as a change (that the 'free' Tesla Spotify account is no more)?

Sounds like that was a mistake. The free Spotify account was always for Premium Connectivity subscribers, the fact it worked on WiFi somehow seems like an oversight, sorry to say.

You can sign up for TIDAL for about 65p a month, or less, by using an Argentinian VPN (just to sign up). I’ve been doing this for several months, and it sounds so much better in the car than Spotify - WiFi or not.

Reactions: pault1981
I'm a cheapskate and don't pay for Tesla premium connectivity, nor do I have a Spotify subscription. However prior to 2022.24 I enjoyed listening to Spotify using the free Tesla account using a WiFi hotspot.

After the 2022.24 update I'm logged out of Spotify - just presented with the Spotify login screen - no option for using the Tesla account.

Anyone else experiencing this? Have I missed this as a change (that the 'free' Tesla Spotify account is no more)?
Did you set up a Tesla profile (not local)? When I did, it logged me out of Spotify 2 days in a row then seemed to sort itself out..not sure if it'll do the same for the car's account though

Sounds like that was a mistake. The free Spotify account was always for Premium Connectivity subscribers, the fact it worked on WiFi somehow seems like an oversight, sorry to say.

You can sign up for TIDAL for about 65p a month, or less, by using an Argentinian VPN (just to sign up). I’ve been doing this for several months, and it sounds so much better in the car than Spotify - WiFi or not.
Yeah this. Tidal is way better quality and the Argentina VPN method is extremely easy to do.

Reactions: Durzel

Gracias, senor!

Reactions: Durzel

I believe it's a bug. AIUI you're notsupposed to have the Tesla Spotify account unless you have premium connectivity. But, if you sign in to the Tesla Spotify account during the free trial of premium connectivity then it tends to remain signed in, even after the trial expires. Once you sign out - or get signed out as a side effect of an update, you won't be able to sign back in

Same for me. I started another thread on this issue: 2022.24.6 and Spotify on standard connectivity in the UK

But suffice to say, it's not resolved yet and I've resorted to Amazon Music via Bluetooth. At least I can now use Alexa, which seems a little better at recognising my voice requests for songs than the Tesla voice recognition.

Reactions: tj333
Just upgraded from 20.8 to 24.8 not driven yet, but from what I'm reading, it sounds like a step backwards when it comes to driving at night with AP.... We shall see!
Not noticed any issues, drove down an unlit stretch of road with a 70 mph limit a couple of times near where I live, and the lights behaved themselves, coming on and off as I'd expect, perhaps still not going back to normal as quick as I'd like, but then thats always been the case.

2022.28.1 just downloaded/installed.