Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Downloading 2022.40.4

A general observation regarding the last few updates: the car seems much more reticent to offer the update 'remotely' via waking with the app. I had go to the car and open the software tab on the car's screen to be offered this despite fiddling around with the app minutes earlier.
Mine had been fast asleep all day when it woke up of its own accord to download and subsequently offer the update. When it’s time, it’s time!

Just got 40.4.1 on my Model Y. The Auto headlights are much improved; night and day difference.

The range that it can see other cars headlights has doubled if not tripled , and it’s now even seeing them if they’re partly obscured (other side of the motorway) etc.

If you’ve been frustrated recently, give them a whirl. Still not full matrix but a lot better at dimming

2022.40.4.1 uploading. So excited. :rolleyes:

.9 of a release more and you will be on single stack ;) that will be exciting…

Maybe…

• Funny
Reactions: goRt
.9 of a release more and you will be on single stack ;) that will be exciting…

Maybe…
*Should* be the work of a few weeks to stitch the vision feed into the planner
But given 44.5 is the internal release promised 8+ months ago..

Just got 40.4.1 on my Model Y. The Auto headlights are much improved; night and day difference.

The range that it can see other cars headlights has doubled if not tripled , and it’s now even seeing them if they’re partly obscured (other side of the motorway) etc.

If you’ve been frustrated recently, give them a whirl. Still not full matrix but a lot better at dimming
Does AHB still come on in built up areas where there is plenty of ambient light? Blinding pedestrians and cyclists is just as unacceptable as blinding other motorists. Until Tesla fix this the lights aren’t fit for purpose.

Does AHB still come on in built up areas where there is plenty of ambient light? Blinding pedestrians and cyclists is just as unacceptable as blinding other motorists. Until Tesla fix this the lights aren’t fit for purpose.

I used .36.6 for the first time over the weekend and found, to my surprise based upon people's comments re scenarios, that AHB were not forced when using TACC. So sounds like it only affects autosteer unless its also affects normal drive too - they didn't come on at end of drive when we were off of TACC either not have I has comments from main driver of AHB coming on in normal driving conditions.

So the scenario above, with pedestrians and cyclists, its not a supported scenario for autosteer where it should not be being used, so shouldn't be an issue should it not except in not very common scenarios where pedestrians, cyclists are in close proximity (separate cycle lane running parallel to road?) to motorists on a divided dual carriageway? Unless I am missing something.

Reactions: init6
I used .36.6 for the first time over the weekend and found, to my surprise based upon people's comments re scenarios, that AHB were not forced when using TACC. So sounds like it only affects autosteer unless its also affects normal drive too - they didn't come on at end of drive when we were off of TACC either not have I has comments from main driver of AHB coming on in normal driving conditions.

So the scenario above, with pedestrians and cyclists, its not a supported scenario for autosteer where it should not be being used, so shouldn't be an issue should it not except in not very common scenarios where pedestrians, cyclists are in close proximity (separate cycle lane running parallel to road?) to motorists on a divided dual carriageway? Unless I am missing something.
In truth, you are quite right. I, probably like many others, use AP where I shouldn’t. It works and I’m very much aware of the pitfalls. But unless AHB has improved with .40.x, it remains substandard. To be fair, I haven’t had and opportunity to test it yet.

Sorry, you have misunderstood me. I’m not talking about using TACC or AP, which I never use in built up areas. In fact I rarely use it on motorways because I still find phantom braking to be a significant problem. When I’m manually driving the car AHB still comes on in towns and cities, and this is unacceptable.

• Informative
Reactions: Type2 and MrBadger
Phone doesn’t alway seem to unlock the door when you approach and try the handle so triggers sentry mode… I wasn’t sure if it was Car or Phone as started when I went to IOS 16
I get this issue with Android 23 as they changed how the BT stack works.... bug... At least on android I see notification that phone does not connect to the car. disabling and re-enabling BT works...