Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2022.40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
11 months and didn’t know the car had a radio! 😂😂 will have a look later!

They are magic. You select a station and you automatically get content selected for you that matches that stations set of genres and narrative, often interspersed with news, current affairs and traffic news applicable to where you are and what time of day that you are listening. Unfortunately, just like Spotify, some are interspersed with adverts. If you don't like the content, you simply select a different station.

It's a very human like selection so no more procrastinating over what playlists to select. I wish someone had come up with the idea years ago.

On Wednesday I charged my car to 100% for the first time in ages for a trip to Preston from Southampton.
Regen braking was next to useless (with a too-full battery) until I got to the motorway but was still poor.
Wasn't paying much attention to the coloured symbols on the screen except there was a new one there I'd never seen before.
In among the light symbols was a green circle with a lump on one side and green electric "bold" symbol inside it.
I'm guessing it was the new merged real+regen braking?
Braking still needed pedal help for heavy braking until I was down to 90%
The green symbol disappeared not long after I joined the A34.

Yesterday evening I arrived home and got a notification to run the light show!
Not had that before, not sure whether there is a new one installed. My custom one is still plugged in.
I’ll take the USB out and see if it comes up again.

So, still on 40.36 here... and settings set to advanced update, car connected to wifi each time I park at home and no sign of any new updates. Is this normal for Tesla i.e. it'll appear when it appears type thing? I know 40.4x has been out a little while now? TIA.

So, still on 40.36 here... and settings set to advanced update, car connected to wifi each time I park at home and no sign of any new updates. Is this normal for Tesla i.e. it'll appear when it appears type thing? I know 40.4x has been out a little while now? TIA.
Most people are still on 2022.36.x.
As has been covered many times, you will receive the update when Tesla is good and ready. Nobody knows where they are in the distribution queue so you just have to wait. Not heard of 40.36 (sounds like you’re mixing up two different versions?) but if you are on 2022.40.x you’re already ahead of most people.

Most people are still on 2022.36.x.
As has been covered many times, you will receive the update when Tesla is good and ready. Nobody knows where they are in the distribution queue so you just have to wait. Not heard of 40.36 (sounds like you’re mixing up two different versions?) but if you are on 2022.40.x you’re already ahead of most people.

Thanks for the quick response, apologies, I'm still learning all things Tesla and the search results weren't helpful (too much info!). I meant 2022.36.6 too, doh.

On Wednesday I charged my car to 100% for the first time in ages for a trip to Preston from Southampton.
Regen braking was next to useless (with a too-full battery) until I got to the motorway but was still poor.
Wasn't paying much attention to the coloured symbols on the screen except there was a new one there I'd never seen before.
In among the light symbols was a green circle with a lump on one side and green electric "bold" symbol inside it.
I'm guessing it was the new merged real+regen braking?
Braking still needed pedal help for heavy braking until I was down to 90%
The green symbol disappeared not long after I joined the A34.

This isn't new to 2022.40, this has been the case for a while (2020 maybe?). If the battery is near full regen braking is significantly reduced and you have to break manually much more than normal.