Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's great information, appreciated. Was your first small payment, a tenner or £100 or something? 24 timing is key info. Really appreciated.
I did a smaller payment which showed up within the hour. So used the saved recipient details now and done larger one and will wait for that to show up before doing the second/final larger sum.

Same as any normal car dealer, have you never traded in one car against another before?
To be fair it's not quite the same. With a "normal" car dealer you'll have had conversations & likely met them face to face and been talked through the process. It's all very faceless with Tesla and there's not much help with getting it sorted if you don't read forums like this.

Not that I'm complaining, I much prefer to not have to deal with salesmen personally.

To be fair it's not quite the same. With a "normal" car dealer you'll have had conversations & likely met them face to face and been talked through the process. It's all very faceless with Tesla and there's not much help with getting it sorted if you don't read forums like this.

Not that I'm complaining, I much prefer to not have to deal with salesmen personally.

To be fair, I meant that the actual change over process is the same because that was what the original question was about.

Reactions: kompkar
Ordered M3 RWD in white with aero wheels. Placed order on the 25th of jan with leasing. Still not matched. Spoke to tesla multiple times via phone and chat was advised to wait for the text till we match you to a car. I was given March delivery but they can't give me an EDD as of yet and all i get is wait till you get matched. Anyone else experiencing the same answers with same specs?
Exactly in the same boat as you. I even chose the white interior as that moved the delivery estimate forward by two months. If they don’t deliver, i will be logging it as a miss selling complaint. Forcing people to add optional extras to deliver early and then not delivering.

How far before collection day do they need the money transferred? I'm a week Saturday and not seen request yet
My invoice says "Payment terms: Paid in full 7 days before delivery" but I'm sure I've seen 48 hours somewhere as well. They sent my invoice just under a month before my delivery date though so I'm sure you could get yours by giving them a nudge on chat or the phone if you need it now.

Reactions: Gee. and hairysteve
My invoice says "Payment terms: Paid in full 7 days before delivery" but I'm sure I've seen 48 hours somewhere as well. They sent my invoice just under a month before my delivery date though so I'm sure you could get yours by giving them a nudge on chat or the phone if you need it now.
Wire transfer your final payment to Tesla. Email proof of payment in the form of a receipt or screenshot to [email protected] at least 48 hours before delivery.

Reactions: Gee. and blert
Yes, I thought that was clear. I drove to Tesla in my trade-in vehicle, gave them the keys, V5 stuff, etc and then drove home in my new car.

Same as any normal car dealer, have you never traded in one car against another before?

To be fair, I meant that the actual change over process is the same because that was what the original question was about.

Thanks guys - I have not traded in so far, so this will be the first time I'm doing it and so was asking re the process - this is really helpful and all clear now. Cheers