Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just as a useful or possibly not useful reference point. I ordered M3 LR MSM LR 18" on 18th February.
My EDD did a similar thing to yours, originally May/June, then went June/July and then sat on 'August 2022' for a week or so. From the August 2022 EDD, it's come back to May 21 - June 18 and has been sat there for around 2 to 3 weeks. My EDD has never been this stable so I'm quietly confident that this is my slot.
That's interesting. Mine is stuck on August 2022. Maybe it will change again

Reactions: Cappo11
It’s pointless speculating about delivery dates and checking the app. Literally no cars are being built because the factory is shutdown. If it restarts this week we may see movement, but it looks like they are now thousands of cars short on production as the lockdown is still going, so could really impact us all

As someone who has recently taken delivery I realise that my anxiety is no longer what it is for those who are still waiting. However, what is certain is that Teslas EDD keep changing, out and back and out again. It is not until Tesla formally advise a delivery date that greater certainty sets in and changes up until this point have proved to be unreliable. Many people speculating and seeking to draw comparisons, but the spec, order date, lease vs cash all feed into this frenzy and it has a contagious effect where one person's anxiety often gets passed around like a flu. For what its worth the best indication in my view is when a VIN is allocated as that seems to be indicative of a matching process. This usually happens when cars start to be shipped (a month out form actual delivery).

The VIN will often be in the background (source code) well ahead of Tesla advising this information to those who have booked. Attached a useful link to simplifying the process of finding the VIN

As someone who has recently taken delivery I realise that my anxiety is no longer what it is for those who are still waiting. However, what is certain is that Teslas EDD keep changing, out and back and out again. It is not until Tesla formally advise a delivery date that greater certainty sets in and changes up until this point have proved to be unreliable. Many people speculating and seeking to draw comparisons, but the spec, order date, lease vs cash all feed into this frenzy and it has a contagious effect where one person's anxiety often gets passed around like a flu. For what its worth the best indication in my view is when a VIN is allocated as that seems to be indicative of a matching process. This usually happens when cars start to be shipped (a month out form actual delivery).

The VIN will often be in the background (source code) well ahead of Tesla advising this information to those who have booked. Attached a useful link to simplifying the process of finding the VIN

Cool trick! Wasn't aware they exposed the VIN in the HTML before actually making it available front-end. Thanks for sharing!

It’s pointless speculating about delivery dates and checking the app. Literally no cars are being built because the factory is shutdown. If it restarts this week we may see movement, but it looks like they are now thousands of cars short on production as the lockdown is still going, so could really impact us all

It's also speculative saying the shutdown will impact deliveries, for some yes, but for some possibly not. There might be a few 1000 cars already built awaiting transport.

For some (perhaps me included) speculating over delivery dates it's just something to pass the time, if not something to keep people occupied whilst they wait for their £50k car while enduring radio silence from the manufacturer.

Not disagreeing with you by the way :)

Got a text at 11:47am this morning tell me to complete my pre-delivery information, did that 2 weeks ago! awaiting their trade in valuation... huhh....?? :rolleyes:
I got the same… but I hadn’t actually filled out the finance information. I got a trade in evaluation done and got offer back in a few days (It ended up being around 800 under offer from motorway.co.uk and 600 under WBAC.com).

I declined the trade in offer and got the rest filled out and completed.

Somewhat agree with what you're saying. But I do think that with this lockdown in Shanghai, Tesla are starting to properly rejig the order of deliveries. There's also evidence to suggest that there were some cars produced that are ready to be shipped as soon as they can. What I think they're doing now is looking at that inventory and re-prioritising the RN's based on factors unbeknownst to us (though information being shared is offering some clues).

So, if a person ordered in Feb a car to a specific spec, their car could've already been manufactured already and sitting at a parking lot in Shanghai right now. Due to the lockdown, though, that produced car (for that original RN) may be better for their logistics plan to "give" to someone else that either better fits their rejigged shipping plans or some by other factor. That someone-else could've ordered later or earlier, added software upgrades or paying a higher price for the same car (like me) or belong to a Lease Company. We simply don't know (or know if they're even doing that). But you're right, it's all speculation and even when the factory is fully operational, the EDD's were changing.

But by the same token: you gotta let people have their fun and help pass their time waiting for their goods!

(PS. VIN is indeed the best method and lord knows I'm checking mine on the daily even though we know there's no ships picking any new cars up yet!)

I’m certain they have already built quite a few cars before they shutdown the factory and those are what will be loaded onto the ships going into the ports now. The port seems to be exempt from the shutdown. There’s a fair few on here that still have early May slots and have not seen those move.

Random one for anyone who may know:

I often see people mention speaking to their CS/TA with question. I have never been assigned a CSA or anything like that specific to me (that i'm aware of) is this something that was supposed to happen along the way or does this only occur once i'm matched to a VIN?

Reactions: Snowy77
Random one for anyone who may know:

I often see people mention speaking to their CS/TA with question. I have never been assigned a CSA or anything like that specific to me (that i'm aware of) is this something that was supposed to happen along the way or does this only occur once i'm matched to a VIN?
Those that had a test drive were probably introduced to a CS at the time, and probably since knowing them face to face helps dialogue :)

Otherwise, people jump on the chat icon and keep fingers crossed for Davide 😁

Got to add that the Tesla customer service team are really good, and typically Tesla don't really (officially) assign a CS to a customer. It's all system driven which is why getting in touch with a CS through online live chat is easy, and can generally help with anything. Although, as experience seems to dictate Davide to name just one appears to go above an beyond (where permitted) and has been know to work a "Musk miracle" or two!

Last edited:
Ah okay! I actually did have a test drive but it was at an SC and not where i will be picking up from!
No worries! The test drives were very contactless though, unless you had questions or wanted to order there and then, you probably gave the keycard back and went on your way to digest what just happened over coffee with the partner!

I had a ton of questions and the CS I met was super helpful. We swapped details, and have kept in touch. I'm lucky I live probably 25 min drive from Dartford, so any time I'm in the area I swing by and settle things in person rather than over chat. BUT ONLY because the ice was broken and I have that channel with they guys and girls that work there.

Reaching customer service via chat is the very next best thing, and no worries if you don't have a direct contact. You'll always get the help needed.

🍻

• Love
Reactions: indeniall
No worries! The test drives were very contactless though, unless you had questions or wanted to order there and then, you probably gave the keycard back and went on your way to digest what just happened over coffee with the partner!

I had a ton of questions and the CS I met was super helpful. We swapped details, and have kept in touch. I'm lucky I live probably 25 min drive from Dartford, so any time I'm in the area I swing by and settle things in person rather than over chat. BUT ONLY because the ice was broken and I have that channel with they guys and girls that work there.

Reaching customer service via chat is the very next best thing, and no worries if you don't have a direct contact. You'll always get the help needed.

🍻
Pretty much nail on the head!

That's cool you've built that relationship with them, if there were any strings that could be pulled for you, i'm sure they would 😁

• Funny
Reactions: Snowy77
Pretty much nail on the head!

That's cool you've built that relationship with them, if there were any strings that could be pulled for you, i'm sure they would 😁
I know I wish. Seems it's like always me vs 'the computer'. Computer wins.

1649254948021.png

• Funny
Reactions: indeniall
After the drama of this morning and 'August 2022'-gate, my EDD has now moved back to May 18th-June 10th. A week later than it was yesterday but i'm cool with that, must have been rejigging the schedule after all.
That's good news - it may mean for others in the same position that we're not looking at several months worth of delays but instead several weeks only.

Hope everyone who has ordered are able to get their cars delivered safely ahead of schedule!

• Love
Reactions: rrajah and Snowy77
Where exactly is the chat feature? I see it mentioned so much, but haven't managed to find it on the Tesla site/account page, on desktop or mobile.
This can be a PITA, but I checked and it's there at the moment !

Go to Model 3 | Tesla

and scroll down a bit... the chat sign just appears, doesn't appear for me unless I scroll down... You need to be on the en_gb page otherwise the form doesn't recognise UK post codes...

1649255772629.png

Reactions: Rgascoigne71