Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. I was mistakenly assuming that that the MCU upgrade was being rolled in with other changes showing up on some of the MYs that have been showing up in the last month or so; which seem to be mainly on the MYPs coming from Germany and maybe as suggested for US models (excluding the new battery tech of course, which I know isn't coming soon).

Despite this being my third purchase from Tesla, it's still hard to fathom that you can't know precisely what spec your vehicle will be until it turns up. For instance - my wife is particularly keen on a heated steering wheel; which is missing from the spec list on the Tesla website and I wasn't expecting to get - but is allegedly on some cars.
Yeah I wanted to know the full MY spec list, but it doesn’t seem to be published.

Good news for your wife though, heated steering wheel is listed on website. I know cos I also wanted the same (never had one before)!

Edit to say this is Model Y spec (I get confused which thread I’m in!)

Attachments

• 16E5D7AA-EDF0-4965-B67A-25E0E83A4ED3.jpeg
    16E5D7AA-EDF0-4965-B67A-25E0E83A4ED3.jpeg
    226.5 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: Snowy77
So something completely random...

I'm trying to persuade Tesla Shields to trial batch some of their RHD model 3/Y mats in the UK / Amazon fulfilled. At the moment, they're exclusively US, and although we can purchase RHD mats from them, the carrier is the same price as the mats themselves. I'm sure we can persuade them if support is strong enough. For those that aren't familiar, they have a set of mats that is a decent re-design of the 3D Maxpider ones that are super popular. To me they look cleaner.. anyway, if you have a few mins bump some support on the forum thread, who knows, some decent mats may come our direction.

👍

So something completely random...

I'm trying to persuade Tesla Shields to trial batch some of their RHD model 3/Y mats in the UK / Amazon fulfilled. At the moment, they're exclusively US, and although we can purchase RHD mats from them, the carrier is the same price as the mats themselves. I'm sure we can persuade them if support is strong enough. For those that aren't familiar, they have a set of mats that is a decent re-design of the 3D Maxpider ones that are super popular. To me they look cleaner.. anyway, if you have a few mins bump some support on the forum thread, who knows, some decent mats may come our direction.

👍
Done my part.

• Love
Reactions: Snowy77
All Tesla’s can be tracked you can do it on your Tesla app !!
Ah ok I meant a telematics black box device rather than a tracker. My cheapest insurance quote is from Hastings "you drive" and they want to fit a telematics box. The next cheapest quote is a lot higher but I'm not sure I want that thing fitted. Would they just accept the inbuilt telematics or still want their thing fitted?

Has anyone else had a telematics box fitted to their Tesla?

Ah ok I meant a telematics black box device rather than a tracker. My cheapest insurance quote is from Hastings "you drive" and they want to fit a telematics box. The next cheapest quote is a lot higher but I'm not sure I want that thing fitted. Would they just accept the inbuilt telematics or still want their thing fitted?

Oh crikey no..

I can't reccomend against it enough 😵‍💫

My friends son has just started driving, and he was getting quoted £2-3k for insurance, that was sliced down to 1.2k with a black box thing. Quite honestly it's turned in to an ankle tag. The critique everything. Penalising him for driving after a certain time, accelerating too quickly, breaking too hard... driving too far, driving in undesirable locations.. leaving car unattended in car parks deemed to be crime hotspots... ofc monitoring speed...

At the end of the day / week he gets some kind of motoring report and graded against terms of the box and reprimanded accordingly.. Needless to say he's stuck with it for another 8 months. After that, he's told everyone that suddenly £3k for insurance is preferable than this big brother waiting with a noose around his neck lol.

It's probably great for a minimalist driver intent on super cheap insurance, so has some pros. I'd just feel too anxious 😬

Isn’t that something that gets fitted to 17-18yewr olds cars?

No way would I let anyone but Tesla fit anything to mine that touches the electrics

Called Tesla today with my RN number (as suggested by someone on here who did they same) - as it's a lease purchase they couldn't release the ETA or any details to me. Even though i am the listed driver of the car...

Was just hoping to see if i could get an ETA.

Oh crikey no..

I can't reccomend against it enough 😵‍💫

My friends son has just started driving, and he was getting quoted £2-3k for insurance, that was sliced down to 1.2k with a black box thing. Quite honestly it's turned in to an ankle tag. The critique everything. Penalising him for driving after a certain time, accelerating too quickly, breaking too hard... driving too far, driving in undesirable locations.. leaving car unattended in car parks deemed to be crime hotspots... ofc monitoring speed...

At the end of the day / week he gets some kind of motoring report and graded against terms of the box and reprimanded accordingly.. Needless to say he's stuck with it for another 8 months. After that, he's told everyone that suddenly £3k for insurance is preferable than this big brother waiting with a noose around his neck lol.

It's probably great for a minimalist driver intent on super cheap insurance, so has some pros. I'd just feel too anxious 😬
Wow yes that is pretty much what I feared. I've had a licence since 1998 and never made a claim so it is mental that this is my cheapest option. There was a wave of cars being nicked around where I live in the past year so I suspect that may be part of the reason. Either way I think I will rule out that option even if I have to pay another £250 more for a non black insurance.

One to bookmark

For anyone interested in keeping an eye on inventory listings.

The black M3LR from earlier went almost instantly. So have to be super human quick. There's a push alert as well so instant notification.

I'd expect there to be a flurry of activity here once the boats arrive.... but if you can catch one you like, no waiting until 2023.

Sorry one more random question for the day:

When you are doing a Tesla trade-in when do you actually hand over your old car? Would I be left with no car for collection day or is it all done at the same time?
you take to collection and drive home in your new Tesla :)

(the arrangements are pre-approved, and you have a milage cap before a re-value is needed)

Reactions: ElectricPolice
Called Tesla today with my RN number (as suggested by someone on here who did they same) - as it's a lease purchase they couldn't release the ETA or any details to me. Even though i am the listed driver of the car...

Was just hoping to see if i could get an ETA.
I’m lease and received RN on 23/2, just phoned Tesla and he said estimated Nov 😭
Zen are still sticking with quoting June
RWD/white/black interior/aero

you take to collection and drive home in your new Tesla :)

(the arrangements are pre-approved, and you have a milage cap before a re-value is needed)
As Snowy77 said.

I drove my trade-in to the NEC pick up point on collection day. Abandoned it somewhere random and gave the keys and V5 to a lovely lady inside.

Never saw it again and drove off in a shiny new M3.

As a bonus I received my last months PCP payment back in my bank account 2 days ago, so with trade in value higher than finance owed it's all worked out rosey!!

Reactions: pault1981
One alternative - Keep an eye on inventory, and if an orphaned car comes up.. Phone Tesla CS ask them to allocate to your RN.. Call your LeaseCo, and advise they have some work to do 😁😊
Thanks, yeah I’ve got a feeling I’m gonna have to be trying this, assuming the price difference issue doesn’t crop up.
My current lease ends end of Jun and when I ordered they quoted 3 months so should have worked out perfect (still might I guess).

I had no idea there was this whole world of ships and moving delivery dates until stumbling across the site after ordering!!

All my other leases have arrived when quoted, my misses will go mental if I leave her without a car 😂