Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
im PCP, shouldn’t that be as good as cash for Tesla? No trade in, M3Lr blue so not cheap.
ordered early Feb

I'd expect so, no matter how you are financing it they will get all their money on collection (or close enough to it). Trade-in of course is completely different and a PITA for them, so I expect if there is any priority shift based on how they're getting paid it will only be trade-in that might have an effect.

Has anyone been told this, do you know? I have never had an EDD on my order that Tesla would quote, the lease broker said edd’ s drop when matching is close, but I’m not so sure. I don’t have anything to trade and tesla keep referring me to the lease company. I have no contact for them as yet as financing can’t be signed until there is a vin assigned. It’s been a bit poor on the comms side. Hoping for an update of some sort soon, but thinking about looking elsewhere if nothing in the next few weeks as need some wheels 👍

I think you are a bit confused. Lease customers won’t see car on account until
collection. Your lease company give Tesla your email and phone number, you should have a congrats your lease company have ordered text, with a RN number. Tesla online chat can use this to tell you EDD. But sometimes they won’t talk to you and ref you to leaseco.

Also leasing isn’t finance so you should of signed a leasing agreement, no need to wait for VIN

collection. Your lease company give Tesla your email and phone number, you should have a congrats your lease company have ordered text, with a RN number. Tesla online chat can use this to tell you EDD. But sometimes they won’t talk to you and ref you to leaseco.

Also leasing isn’t finance so you should of signed a leasing agreement, no need to wait for VIN
Thank you for clarifying this as I was under the same impression… I was told by Tesla via the online chat that they have all documentation from the leasing company and therefore just awaiting delivery.

I assume you’re in the same boat as me, I’ve never had or never been able to get information regarding ‘specific’ EDD, like a date range of 28th May to 20th June, just either May/ June, or is there a way of getting it? I’m leasing through NHS so there’s a further person in the chain… less stress when buying a house 😂

I placed an order on Sunday for MY, blue, black int, 20”. Will be a cash purchase no trade-in (as current M3 is being passed on to an employee). Was expecting Sept, but got text today moving it to 10th June to 30th June (apparently).

Just curious, do we know if MYs coming out the factory in Shanghai now have some of the recent changes; mainly thinking MCU3 here but also the changes to the seats seen on MYP out of Germany.….oh and the parcel shelf….?
I was under the impression that all Shanghai MYs since the backend of last year had the AMD Ryzen MCU3, not sure we'll get the parcel shelf though

Reactions: Toblerone

Thanks for this, I got the RN on 8th of Feb week after I signed the initial agreement. The broker has told me there will be the finance side to sign, but Santander won’t raise the finance paperwork until there is a vin assigned to put it against. So I still have that to sign apparently, Tesla have talked to me in the past, but have always said there is no EDD on my account when I have asked.

They since 1st April they have now said “at this stage you need to speak to your leasing co for updates” all I have access to at this time though is the broker. We’ll see, left a couple messages but he hasn’t contacted me back at all , so assume no updates.

If the inventory car is same price, and the financials are in sync, then they just transfer the new VIN to your RN, and ask for your money as it would be if your car had just been delivered.

It's worth asking if the spec is different they may need to have to cancel your agreement and reprocess.. In my experience, the approval process is almost instant. Technically, as long as you're re-approved, should be dandy. The whole mad end of Q rush is the only time they withdraw financials and go cash only to expedite the sale it seems.

But in short, yep people have just spotted a car on inventory and had the VIN allocated to their RN within minutes.
Sounds good, I'll definitely keep an eye on the inventory when the time comes. Presume I'd have to make a quick call to Telsa to get a spare one allocated to me if one does pop up? (there would be no option on the website directly?).

Congrats to all those that have had the text for June delivery by the way 🥳🥳

so what is it based on? they seem to be prioritising RWD and P model 3s?
Afaik, Tesla make their cars in batches. Not to specific orders (hence why they don't have many options). When a batch is made then sent, the next RN number with that spec will be allocated the car. If they don't want it, it goes to the next RN. It has nothing to do with cash vs lease vs PCP etc.

i'm leasing and part exchanging my current car, still got a June EDD and 'the text' yesterday so i'm not sure there's much credence in leasing and/or trade-ins at the back of the queue.

Also getting a LR so it is very likely there's not an obscure prioritisation algorithm (beyond higher spec = sooner for Q2 results which is logical) that favours M3Ps and RWDs. It is likely that they do just make them in batches and some people get unlucky. The people that post on this forum are a tiny sample slice of the entire base of Tesla customers waiting for cars so any inferences we make will have to be with a pinch o' salt.

Last edited:
it’s all just guessing and hypothesising. There are some videos from popular Tesla YouTubers stating cash purchasers are prioritised, but unless you work for Tesla, and specifically work in the allocations team, its just hypothesising.

It doesn’t really matter. Tesla still seem to have one of the shortest lead times for new cars in this price class. Great for us.

I was under the impression that all Shanghai MYs since the backend of last year had the AMD Ryzen MCU3, not sure we'll get the parcel shelf though
Thanks. I was mistakenly assuming that that the MCU upgrade was being rolled in with other changes showing up on some of the MYs that have been showing up in the last month or so; which seem to be mainly on the MYPs coming from Germany and maybe as suggested for US models (excluding the new battery tech of course, which I know isn't coming soon).

Despite this being my third purchase from Tesla, it's still hard to fathom that you can't know precisely what spec your vehicle will be until it turns up. For instance - my wife is particularly keen on a heated steering wheel; which is missing from the spec list on the Tesla website and I wasn't expecting to get - but is allegedly on some cars.

Thanks. I was mistakenly assuming that that the MCU upgrade was being rolled in with other changes showing up on some of the MYs that have been showing up in the last month or so; which seem to be mainly on the MYPs coming from Germany and maybe as suggested for US models (excluding the new battery tech of course, which I know isn't coming soon).

Despite this being my third purchase from Tesla, it's still hard to fathom that you can't know precisely what spec your vehicle will be until it turns up. For instance - my wife is particularly keen on a heated steering wheel; which is missing from the spec list on the Tesla website and I wasn't expecting to get - but is allegedly on some cars.
I thought heated steering wheel is default now. AMD Ryzen is also standard, a new car will have a Ryzen for sure + lithium internal battery, and heated wiper parks and projector lamps.

The lottery for model 3 atm appears to be the new rear light cluster. This one does appear to be up in the air. Tesla have changed to the new cluster, however, many cars in Q1 came with the original. No idea what the story is there, legacy stock perhaps? Redirect of pre change build vehicles / end of quarter push? Who knows! :D

Reactions: JOL1
i'm leasing and part exchanging my current car, still got a June EDD and 'the text' yesterday so i'm not sure there's much credence in leasing and/or trade-ins at the back of the queue.

Also getting a LR so it is very likely there's not an obscure prioritisation algorithm (beyond higher spec = sooner for Q2 results which is logical) that favours M3Ps and RWDs. It is likely that they do just make them in batches and some people get unlucky. The people that post on this forum are a tiny sample slice of the entire base of Tesla customers waiting for cars so any inferences we make will have to be with a pinch o' salt.
Tbh to order something in March and get it in June, brand new is fantastic in the current new car market

Sounds good, I'll definitely keep an eye on the inventory when the time comes. Presume I'd have to make a quick call to Telsa to get a spare one allocated to me if one does pop up? (there would be no option on the website directly?).

Congrats to all those that have had the text for June delivery by the way 🥳🥳
Awesome! Good luck!

For all those that are interested in browsing the inventory, us forum old timers discovered this (rather than the tesla webpage)

I just checked and there appears to be a black M3LR NEW 5 miles on clock....

1651048858927.png

That ain't going to be on there long :D