Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dint know they were opening a sales and service centre on Marsh Barton - That's great info - Thank you ;)
I believe they are trying to keep the location under wraps at the moment. There is something on the Tesla website that mentions a centre in Exeter opening in 2022, but no location given. When I was told about it (by a credible source), the location was described as "the place where all the other manufacturers are". Not difficult to work out! I believe there is also planning permission in to put a new Tesla SuC Hub at M5/J30 Services alongside the new Gridserve Hub too!

I was fortunately matched to an unwanted order one week before Christmas, problem was it was in Kent and didn't fancy the 4 hour drive across. The wife couldn't comprehend why they couldn't deliver it to Cribbs, my simple response was "Welcome to the world of Tesla" and she just rolled her eyes. Pretty glad I didn't now I know what changes the 2022 model has!

How do you know who your TA is - is it based on where you request collection (Thorpe park for me) or do you get the text message once a VIN is assigned?

You don't. It just so happens the person who assisted me with my test drive at Cribbs provided me with his direct contact details and followed up the test drive with an email afterwards, advising if I did proceed to place an order online at a later date to provide him with my RN so he can help keep track of the delivery for me. I did this as I presumed the "sale" could be allocated to his commission/sales quota - if they even have one? He was a nice person and I didn't want him missing out. Since then we have exchanged a few emails and calls and he's been incredibly helpful every time.

I ordered the same day as you (RWD, MSM, aero, black interior), only I had mine put on hold until the beginning of January. I really hope they made a mistake on the date! I can't afford to wait that long - actually, I'll contact them and report back.
I think you might be ok with MSM. It's the white ones that are showing May 2022 delivery on the website now. I've ordered white and thinking of changing this to MSM so I don't have to wait until May

So I just got off the phone with Tesla and was told that my M3RWD (MSM, aero, black interior) is still penned for an estimated March delivery.

If you are interested in whether or not you'll get the upgrades, or how to shorten the delivery time for your White Model 3, please read on...

I asked the advisor about upgrades and the advisor went away to double-check this before coming back to me and telling me that any M3 car matched from now (incl. RWD) should come with the new features including Ryzen, heated wiper park.

I then asked on behalf you those of you that have ordered a White RWD and the answer that I was given is that the issue is actually the aero wheels and not so much the colour of the paint. Reading between the lines of what was said, as far as I understand, it's something like batches of aero wheels are assigned for different colours and because Midnight Silver Metallic, Blue, Multi-coat Red and Black are not ordered to the same degree, they are more or less OK as far as delivery goes. But, because there are a lot more White orders, they can't keep up with aero allocation. Anyway, I was told that if you have ordered a White RWD and want it to come faster, then changing the wheels to the 19" wheels will accomplish that.

makes sense - if you spec 19" now on the website it still shows march against white RWD. Its the base/base that is may which will surely be the most popular by a long way.

Normally with other makes if you add options you wait for it to be built. With Tesla it just means you're being matched with a different pot, and then its a game of 'how popular is the combo I'm choosing' vs 'how many will Tesla build'.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
So I just got off the phone with Tesla and was told that my M3RWD (MSM, aero, black interior) is still penned for an estimated March delivery.

If you are interested in whether or not you'll get the upgrades, or how to shorten the delivery time for your White Model 3, please read on...

I asked the advisor about upgrades and the advisor went away to double-check this before coming back to me and telling me that any M3 car matched from now (incl. RWD) should come with the new features including Ryzen, heated wiper park.

I then asked on behalf you those of you that have ordered a White RWD and the answer that I was given is that the issue is actually the aero wheels and not so much the colour of the paint. Reading between the lines of what was said, as far as I understand, it's something like batches of aero wheels are assigned for different colours and because Midnight Silver Metallic, Blue, Multi-coat Red and Black are not ordered to the same degree, they are more or less OK as far as delivery goes. But, because there are a lot more White orders, they can't keep up with aero allocation. Anyway, I was told that if you have ordered a White RWD and want it to come faster, then changing the wheels to the 19" wheels will accomplish that.
Thanks for this. I would give you a like but I don't have the required post count 🤣

makes sense - if you spec 19" now on the website it still shows march against white RWD. Its the base/base that is may which will surely be the most popular by a long way.

Normally with other makes if you add options you wait for it to be built. With Tesla it just means you're being matched with a different pot, and then its a game of 'how popular is the combo I'm choosing' vs 'how many will Tesla build'.
As you say @Mrklaw that makes total sense. This has always been an issue of supply and demand. When I ordered my RWD/PWM I had the choice of a May delivery estimate with aero wheels and a February estimate for 19", so I went with the 19". Just hoping now that they are able to keep up with matching orders to production to hit the early March estimate I am now being given.

Thanks @CaptainCalm . I might look at changing colour as that’s cheaper than the wheels! 😂 Good information - i dread the conversation on trying to get the lease re-issued/applied as i want the colour changing or wheels….

There's only one car in inventory at the moment isn't there? Next week will see some interesting traffic in the shipping lanes I think 😀
One M3P at the moment, yes. They typically sell very quickly, within minutes sometimes for LRs and RWD. The M3Ps have taken a while to go this week, but they aren't so popular.

More will come on once a ship sets sail and people cancel/push back orders after being matched.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
I had an email yesterday off my lease company (Ogilvie) to advise that Tesla wanted to change my order from the Standard RangePlus varient to the new Rear wheel drive with the latest 60kw battery and heated steering wheel and heated rear seats. Naturally i replied straight away to say thats fine but considering my order was placed in October I still have no idea when I might get the car. To me it kind of sounds like the lease company hasn't completed something their side and Tesla have asked them to confirm. Hopefully get some traction on it now.

Reactions: Mrklaw
I had an email yesterday off my lease company (Ogilvie) to advise that Tesla wanted to change my order from the Standard RangePlus varient to the new Rear wheel drive with the latest 60kw battery and heated steering wheel and heated rear seats. Naturally i replied straight away to say thats fine but considering my order was placed in October I still have no idea when I might get the car. To me it kind of sounds like the lease company hasn't completed something their side and Tesla have asked them to confirm. Hopefully get some traction on it now.
When you ordered from the LeaseCo was it described as an SR+ or just M3? I noticed that lots of LeaseCo's were still advertising SR+ variants long after Tesla had switched to dropping it. Maybe they have now had to change this given they won't be receiving an SR+ as per your order?

When you ordered from the LeaseCo was it described as an SR+ or just M3? I noticed that lots of LeaseCo's were still advertising SR+ variants long after Tesla had switched to dropping it. Maybe they have now had to change this given they won't be receiving an SR+ as per your order?
Yea it was described as SR+. I see you ordered yours late Nov and still awaiting a car allocation. It seems to be very random how people are allocated their cars. I've seen people on here order late December and had VIN and delivery date within a few days. Unless its a different process for cars ordered via a lease company,