Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had this email come from Tesla this morning. For those further down the track than me, what does this actually mean? Have I been matched to a car enroute or is this something else? It is suggesting I get all paperwork in place for my lease, but I have not received anything from ALD since I sent in the finance application, which was subsequently approved (according to Tesla). Any advice friends????
Ive also had the same today so hopefully the order is gaining traction and might get a VIN soon.

Success! Called them up (01628 450 660 opt. 4) and the chap said it has been assigned yesterday, and he could send me a text with it now, which I have now received. I asked him if there was any risk of it changing before collection day and he said it shouldn't because we're so close to the day now. But he did say there is a small chance that they can change, which is why they don't text them out in advance unless asked.

I'm going to go ahead and get the insurance though. In the unlikely event my reg changes, I'll call the insurance company and hopefully they'll let me switch it.
I just called them and they had the reg number, so doing the same as you and arranging the insurance now. :)

Ive also had the same today so hopefully the order is gaining traction and might get a VIN soon.
I got the same email - I’m using Lex (private lease) (white M3LR black interior) - I was offered 10th Feb 2 weeks ago but declined as I want it 2nd March for new reg, and after the old EV gets collected on the 28th. They said they would “reallocate me a car” When are you expecting yours?

Success! Called them up (01628 450 660 opt. 4) and the chap said it has been assigned yesterday, and he could send me a text with it now, which I have now received. I asked him if there was any risk of it changing before collection day and he said it shouldn't because we're so close to the day now. But he did say there is a small chance that they can change, which is why they don't text them out in advance unless asked.

I'm going to go ahead and get the insurance though. In the unlikely event my reg changes, I'll call the insurance company and hopefully they'll let me switch it.
Can you guess who I am on the phone to right now. 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: AutomaticMan
I got the same email - I’m using Lex (private lease) (white M3LR black interior) - I was offered 10th Feb 2 weeks ago but declined as I want it 2nd March for new reg, and after the old EV gets collected on the 28th. They said they would “reallocate me a car” When are you expecting yours?
I dont know lol. I've not had a VIN assigned yet :( I might give them a call and see what they say.

late 2021 models had the 79 kWh battery fitted (seemingly the last shipment in December).
Source code for this vehicle from inventory says BT38 - LG 75kWh. If you dig about in the Custom Order source you can find reference "New LR AWD Trim w / BT43 GF03 SOP 11/8/2021", where the start of production date is in US format - 8 Nov 21.

Last edited:
I’ve just asked for my M3P order to be changed from blue to red on the live chat. Does anyone know when the order will be updated as its still showing up unchanged on my account?

If you have a magic 8 ball that may be as accurate as anything :)

I called and switched my order last Saturday and it still hasn't changed. they said 48 hours - 6 days ago. I've chased and they confirmed the change is marked but just needs addressing by their action team and don't worry it'll happen.

Which isn't that reassuring as obviously any matching won't happen until the order is updated, and at that point who knows where I am in the queue - may miss a boat or two?

It's both, depending on whether you charge from a single-phase supply (7 kW) or a 3-phase supply (11 kW).

Steve
I think that 7Kw it is more if you are using the blue extension, and with the normal extension of is more than 3.5kw

TEmpted to drop an order in for one, but pretty ridiculous that they're appearing in inventory before some of us have matches - for indentical orders.
Happens every shipment unfortunately.

I'm sure Tesla's system is sophisticated enough to be able to match a cancelled order to the next available person rather than offering up to general availability. So I assume it is done on purpose to keep people going to the site, get someone to make a ad-hoc purchase after finding a new vehicle with almost instant availability, or for people with existing orders to up their order to a higher value to guarantee a delivery this quarter.

Looking through the list seems they are mainly 2022 models, but some are 2021 with the bigger battery (a lot of the black ones are this spec) and one or two are already in-country and are 2021 with the smaller battery.

So if you are going to order one of these, be careful with one you pick.

• Informative
Reactions: milesr3
a whole bunch of in transit model 3s just showed up in inventory - RWDs with 305 range, and LR with 374. So definitely 2022 models.

TEmpted to drop an order in for one, but pretty ridiculous that they're appearing in inventory before some of us have matches - for indentical orders.
Can't believe this. I only odered my RWD/PWM with sport wheels to get February delivery rather than wait to May. Its now pushed to March and now they are releasing RWD/PWM with aero Wheels that's in transit for February delivery! Do you think I could transfer my order?