Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to know. Thanks!

I ordered last week (RWD, Blue, Aeros, Black interior) and expected delivery is March. I'm in Ireland.

No sign of a VIN in my account source code yet, although it's very early still.

Let the waiting and ship tracking begin!

Anyone here ordered in Jan and received a VIN or delivery date yet for a similar spec?
Ordered December 4th, RWD, MSM, 19", Black interior and EAP. At the time it was expected for February, but having spoken to my Tesla Advisor (who assisted with my test drive and provided his direct contact details afterwards) he said it's looking more likely to be early March now. However, did have a false flag last week where my Tesla App showed an "Est. February" delivery but that has now since been removed, believe it may have been a bug or an accidental rollout of a change, that was eventually rolled back. Also no VIN in source code etc.

Ordered December 4th, RWD, MSM, 19", Black interior and EAP. At the time it was expected for February, but having spoken to my Tesla Advisor (he assisted with my test drive and provided his direct contact details afterwards) he said it's looking more likely to be early March now. However, did have a false flag last week where my Tesla App showed an "Est. February" delivery but that has now since been removed, believe it may have been a bug or an accidental rollout of a change, that was eventually rolled back. Also no VIN in source code etc.
I'm just down the road from you and dealing with Cribbs Team (as I suppose you are too). All you've said chimes with my own information from my TA there. I'm not expecting delivery before early March, but anything sooner (e.g. a re-assignment from an unwanted earlier order that matches mine) would be a nice surprise!

I'm just down the road from you and dealing with Cribbs Team (as I suppose you are too). All you've said chimes with my own information from my TA there. I'm not expecting delivery before early March, but anything sooner (e.g. a re-assignment from an unwanted earlier order that matches mine) would be a nice surprise!
Where about's in Devon are you? I'm close to Okehampton

Good to know. Thanks!

I ordered last week (RWD, Blue, Aeros, Black interior) and expected delivery is March. I'm in Ireland.

No sign of a VIN in my account source code yet, although it's very early still.

Let the waiting and ship tracking begin!

Anyone here ordered in Jan and received a VIN or delivery date yet for a similar spec?

If it helps, I ordered that exact spec 14th November, and have no VIN or delivery date yet (was initially stated it would be a Feb delivery, but will be March now according to Tesla chat.
I ordered a Model 3 RWD (MSM, aeros, black interior) on the 2nd November but had the order put on hold until the 10th January because I wanted a March delivery for the new plates - I was told that would not put me to the back of the queue (as if I'd ordered on the 10th January), but it would delay matching to get me a March delivery. Anyway, mine still says "We are currently drafting...." with no VIN in the source code.

All I did was enter my details through confused.com. 13+yrs NCD, no points, no previous claims, never refused insurance etc.
Added my wife as a named driver also who has similar NCD, Deputy Head Teacher, same age.
Admiral : £370
Elephant : £373
Diamond : £376

These are the pay monthly prices. Annual price was cheaper, but I prefer to pay monthly.
I've got M3LR coming in Feb and I've got 19 years NCD, no points etc... wife as named drive also, similar details (no claims etc...), early 40's.
I'm with admiral already and have multicover and the cheapest annual price I could get for 10,000 miles per year was £616 and that's with discounts. Confused I can get down to £585.
For reference we've got a 2016 280bhp SLK that is £215 a year to insure. I live in a small village, crime is nonexistent etc... I know local claims etc.. can effect the amount but not by that much.
Would love to know your tricks :)

How do you know who your TA is - is it based on where you request collection (Thorpe park for me) or do you get the text message once a VIN is assigned?
You don't really get assigned a TA as far as I know. It's just about building relationship and staying in touch. Many people (including myself) just stayed in contact with the TA that arranged the test drive at the local showroom.

I've got M3LR coming in Feb and I've got 19 years NCD, no points etc... wife as named drive also, similar details (no claims etc...), early 40's.
I'm with admiral already and have multicover and the cheapest annual price I could get for 10,000 miles per year was £616 and that's with discounts. Confused I can get down to £585.
For reference we've got a 2016 280bhp SLK that is £215 a year to insure. I live in a small village, crime is nonexistent etc... I know local claims etc.. can effect the amount but not by that much.
Would love to know your tricks :)
Honestly no tricks that I am aware of. I had to check that I had entered my details correctly when I saw the price, as go compare and compare the market were starting with prices of £450+.

Honestly no tricks that I am aware of. I had to check that I had entered my details correctly when I saw the price, as go compare and compare the market were starting with prices of £450+.
It's all down to actuarial risk appetite and underwriter preference at the end of the day. I have generated quotes through GoCompare, Confused.com, Compare the Market and Money Supermarket - sadly, they are all now coming in higher (c£700) than the first lot I had including Peugeot (who quoted me £430 fully comp with business use for 25k annual miles). Peugeot quote won't hold to March sadly and they are no longer quoting for Tesla's. It seems a real lottery - roll the dice and see what you get!!!

It's all down to actuarial risk appetite and underwriter preference at the end of the day. I have generated quotes through GoCompare, Confused.com, Compare the Market and Money Supermarket - sadly, they are all now coming in higher (c£700) than the first lot I had including Peugeot (who quoted me £430 fully comp with business use for 25k annual miles). Peugeot quote won't hold to March sadly and they are no longer quoting for Tesla's. It seems a real lottery - roll the dice and see what you get!!!
you can try to purchase it in advance (as I did) if you know the reg plate ;)

Ah that's convienient for the chargers there. I understand there is a new pop up Tesla showroom at Darts Farm but haven't visited it yet - maybe their move downhere might signify other things such as a service centre ??
Yes, it's great. See pics of pop-up showroom. It's going to be there for the next 6 months while they set up and open the new sales and service centre on Marsh Barton in August.

Attachments

• received_1333520707108756.jpeg
    received_1333520707108756.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 44
  • received_1349524318852218.jpeg
    received_1349524318852218.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 32
  • received_698164584512889.jpeg
    received_698164584512889.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Reactions: devonian