Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's great to hear.
Re the bumper PPF, While waiting for the trailer, I fell into conversation with a strolling Tesla manager. I mentioned PPF and he explained that I probably had it on the bumper. On close inspection, he confirmed it.
Later, at the detailers, they also inspected and pronounced, with firm confidence that there is no PPF on the car!
😤🤔🙄
Maybe a call to Tesla for clarification.
It is curious that Tesla do not trumpet the fact that they now provide this protection.
Comes as little surprise to hear that a detailer says “no PPF” when you’re paying them to fit some - theirs will be “better” anyway I’m sure.

My Y has definitely got some kind of film on the front bumper. Whether that’s PPF or part of the bumper I have no clue.

I'm loving mine and am looking any excuse to drive it. Just annoying that the weather here is so bad, she's not getting a chance to stay clean for long.
Anyone had issues connecting to the WiFi? When I'm in my drive, I can link my phone to the home WiFi but the car isn't picking it up so I'm now tethering it to the mobile to download the navigation data update which is taking an age.
I know, first world problems and all that but just wondering if I'm doing something wrong?

Happy to report things are going to plan.

Just had my Delivery Declaration email to sign so all done and waiting for it to arrive now.
delivery declaration.jpg

I'm loving mine and am looking any excuse to drive it. Just annoying that the weather here is so bad, she's not getting a chance to stay clean for long.
Anyone had issues connecting to the WiFi? When I'm in my drive, I can link my phone to the home WiFi but the car isn't picking it up so I'm now tethering it to the mobile to download the navigation data update which is taking an age.
I know, first world problems and all that but just wondering if I'm doing something wrong?
isn't one month Premium connectivity pack included with the car ?. I thought that's pre-activated and ready to use on the go

Reactions: Snowy77
I actually raised this question when I sat in a new Model Y at Manchester not long back.

My iPhone 13 failed to charge with it,s cover on yet I removed it's cover and it charged immediately.

Apparantly it's a hit & miss if your phone charges with a certain brand of case on it.

Some people said it failed to work with it's cover on yet if you rotated it upside down 90 degrees it worked with the cover on.

I think it's a case (forgive the pun) of trying your own phone and see what happens.
Your car looks fantastic, I have a Samsung S22 Ultra and I remember it being too tall to fit on the charge pad, fingers crossed it just about fits. Still don't have Android Auto so that's going to take some getting used too.

Congrats to everyone on their pickups! Seen some really positive stories which is always nice to read.

I’ve just had my “please pay prior to delivery” email / text.

Not sure whether to pay so early (EDD is Oct-Nov) is a good idea so I might wait (unless I should pay straight away to get my delivery asap?)

Does anyone have any recommendations on charging at home? Gen3 wall charger? Or something else?

Reactions: Frizzy
Congrats to everyone on their pickups! Seen some really positive stories which is always nice to read.

I’ve just had my “please pay prior to delivery” email / text.

Not sure whether to pay so early (EDD is Oct-Nov) is a good idea so I might wait (unless I should pay straight away to get my delivery asap?)

Does anyone have any recommendations on charging at home? Gen3 wall charger? Or something else?
I would call Tesla and confirm - they may be trying to get you in a last minute cancellation

Reactions: Frizzy
I would call Tesla and confirm - they may be trying to get you in a last minute cancellation
This happened to me and I paid 17.5K upfront when asked , they then changed the EDD to end of the year Oct-Nov. I then asked for the money back as I felt it was a little misleading the way it was positioned. At the point of paying the EDD was June so assumed it was to get delivery allocated and sorted. This kicked off a whole nightmare trying to get the refund.

A month after it started they then found a cancellation so I had to pay again as the money was in no mans land, basically paid 2 *17.5 and they are in the process of refunding one amount. Nightmare. Luckily I'm dealing with someone in Tesla that appears to be really customer focussed now so looks like it's progressing.

Don't pay until you have a VIN or some further confirmation unless you are happy for the money to be out of your account for potentially several months.

Reactions: Daedalus
This happened to me and I paid 17.5K upfront when asked , they then changed the EDD to end of the year Oct-Nov. I then asked for the money back as I felt it was a little misleading the way it was positioned.

A month after it started they then found a cancellation so I had to pay again as the money was in no mans land, basically paid 2 *17.5 and they are in the process of refunding one amount. Nightmare.

Don't pay until you have a VIN or some further confirmation unless you are happy for the money to be out of your account for potentially several months.
Unbelievable! Did you call them and they said to you on the phone that you should pay?

Unbelievable! Did you call them and they said to you on the phone that you should pay?
It was all via the App and automated process, in my case there had been a mistake and it shouldn't have prompted me for the payment notification as there was no car allocated for delivery in June. At the time the supervisor was very apologetic etc , it was the sorting getting the money back that's the hard part.

My only advice for people is do not make a payment until you have a car allocated or VIN, you will know as they will reach out with dates etc and you will see a VIN in your account, you can then assume it's safe to make payment

Reactions: Wattsisname