Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here but feel for people who have to come from the west when they can do collection at West Drayton as a mid point for many in the region. I might poke them on chat today if it comes up. I would be asking for some reimbursement or SC credits for that further journey. I have to take more time off for the collection now

rant over

too much to hope they might check where people need to be coming from and bias overflow etc to those more to the east and keep the original location for those closer to the west? For Tesla, yes probably

Same here but feel for people who have to come from the west when they can do collection at West Drayton as a mid point for many in the region. I might poke them on chat today if it comes up. I would be asking for some reimbursement or SC credits for that further journey. I have to take more time off for the collection now

rant over

Tesla UK have a free delivery service to your home, they subcontract the service via a company called ANYvan who deliver using a transporter. All your rights as a customer are preserved whether you collect in person or have it delivered except costs Tesla 150 pounds extra for the delivery. They will always refuse home delivery for this reason but if you threaten to cancel order and state you know many who have had deliveries to their home they "may" become flexible. Blue Water is a truly crummy place to collect. I was forced to go there on last delivery as it was day before xmas and ANYvan was shutdown. The Tesla parking area is way behind the shopping centre, a good 10min walk. The traffic to and return is horrendous enough that I was quite adamant after collection that had I known I would have truly cancelled the order. In hindsight, I wish I had because just 2 days after xmas I received notice that I was transferred back to USA and now I had this UK M3 with delivery miles which I now have to sell and also to purchase a USA model which was delivered to my home statesside within 24 hours

while we are transferring operations from Thorpe Park to Brent Cross, a vehicle become available - but its delivery window does not coincide with opening times of either of those two locations. The system has automatically arranged your collection to happen from the closest location to your postcode that's active at the moment.

should Bluewater not suit, we can un-allocate this car from your order and wait for a new one to become available from pick-up in Brent Cross, around mid-March

I didnt' want Brent cross in the first place! Now maybe I'm waiting for Mid march for the benefit of a location I didn't want - after arranging my car insurance and gap insurance on the plate they gave me for the date they gave me, and booking a day off work? Jesus Tesla get your damn act together!

and why close Thorpe park before brent cross is ready, just as you're about to get a flood of Q1 cars in?

chat seemed to think Brent cross doesn't open for a couple of weeks so a bunch of people might be about to be pushed to bluewater FYI

Tesla UK have a free delivery service to your home, they subcontract the service via a company called ANYvan who deliver using a transporter. All your rights as a customer are preserved whether you collect in person or have it delivered except costs Tesla 150 pounds extra for the delivery. They will always refuse home delivery for this reason but if you threaten to cancel order and state you know many who have had deliveries to their home they "may" become flexible. Blue Water is a truly crummy place to collect. I was forced to go there on last delivery as it was day before xmas and ANYvan was shutdown. The Tesla parking area is way behind the shopping centre, a good 10min walk. The traffic to and return is horrendous enough that I was quite adamant after collection that had I known I would have truly cancelled the order. In hindsight, I wish I had because just 2 days after xmas I received notice that I was transferred back to USA and now I had this UK M3 with delivery miles which I now have to sell and also to purchase a USA model which was delivered to my home statesside within 24 hours

They didn’t give me home delivery option, it was blue water or Brent Cross at the time of selection so I chose Brent Cross. (Apparently my post code is not eligible or something- can’t remember the exact reason).

ok apparantly now set for southampton 11th Feb 11am.

maybe

still LE71 hopefully that doesn't change on the day suddenly (although not the end of the world to update insurance)
Tesla chat agents are hit and miss - when I asked why the delivery location disappeared and when they were planning to inform me of the change to Blue Water - I was faced with "We can unmatch you and wait for another wave of deliveries in March".

I had to re-read this a couple of times and thought 'really?! given how far I am into the process, you just want to unmatch me and move me to March?'
I mean - I've paid 50% deposit, paid for insurance on the registration to start from 9th and got home charger being installed on the 11th but yea sure Tesla - I will defer it to March or whenever it suits you...

I have told them I will be keeping my delivery for the date I selected (or earlier because I know the vessel has docked at Southampton) and I also want to see some options to chose where else I can collect rather than shove me for a BW collection (although they've defaulted me for a Southampton collection for exactly the same date/time).

I have also asked them to give me a resolution to the inconvenience they are causing (booking the whole day off now instead of few hours, trekking to another delivery centre, and the additional cost to go there. Apparently they will come back to me with a resolution to those... (here's to hoping...!)

Has the delivery date and VIN disappeared from the mobile app for anyone? If a change of collection location isn't enough, they've got me doubting whether I even get my matched vehicle and collection time in just a few days. :confused:
Suspiciously - my delivery date was not showing yesterday on the app so I had to click on the 'Go to Account' to look at the date (as wel all do every couple of minutes/hours) but @Mrklaw's post earlier helped make sense that Tesla might have been rejigging deliveries around. I still have VIN and delivery date showing (and now the new location).

As of the chat / my last post, I've received a text to confirm collection in Southampton for same date/time (not sure why if my car was on Grande California). I can also see the date/time now appear on the app (inc. VIN on the top left).

• Helpful
Reactions: hate2wait
I am expecting delivery soon (because I ordered in October and had it on hold), I want a 22 plate on my car. Am I the only one who (for 22 plate reasons) does NOT want a Feb delivery?
Nope, I did the same thing. :)👍

EDIT: As in I called up Tesla and asked them to put me down for a March delivery, which resulted in them putting my order on hold until the 10th of January. My estimated delivery date still says February though, but when I called Tesla up they told me that because I've requested March, it will definitely be a March delivery date, despite what my account currently says.

Last edited:
Yeah I asked if it could be a bit earlier and Friday isn’t ideal to take off for work but they said the car may only be unloaded on the 10th whihc I doubt as others are collecting from the 8th so will be the same boat, and the boat arrived this morning so will likely be unloaded by tomorrow, and they were planning on shipping it to east London so you’d think a day earlier would be fine

Still can’t quite believe they couldn’t line up Brent Cross to be open when they knew Thorpe park would be closing. And they said their service centres aren’t set up for deliveries but I picked up my last car at Park Royal so that’s not true.

Yeah I asked if it could be a bit earlier and Friday isn’t ideal to take off for work but they said the car may only be unloaded on the 10th whihc I doubt as others are collecting from the 8th so will be the same boat, and the boat arrived this morning so will likely be unloaded by tomorrow, and they were planning on shipping it to east London so you’d think a day earlier would be fine

Still can’t quite believe they couldn’t line up Brent Cross to be open when they knew Thorpe park would be closing. And they said their service centres aren’t set up for deliveries but I picked up my last car at Park Royal so that’s not true.
I know - its very annoying. Park Royal is walking distance from me and they said they don't do deliveries from there - only test driving and services (and super chargers). Something doesn't add up on the dates as you say - why same date and time for a delivery which is at source.

I will check their careers site to see if they need any logistical planning skills

• Funny
Reactions: Mrklaw
Has the delivery date and VIN disappeared from the mobile app for anyone? If a change of collection location isn't enough, they've got me doubting whether I even get my matched vehicle and collection time in just a few days. :confused:
I've never seen the delivery date in the app, I just get a link to the My account page on the site? The site gives me all the details. What am I doing wrong?

I’m now committed. Well at least by more than £100.

391C48C6-AD41-438D-B7F1-92C105D8803B.jpeg