Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know people are very keen to get into their new car (so am I if/when I get a VIN) but I would expect that every car that comes of a ship needs a bit of TLC to remove the driver's seat cover, steering wheel cover, handle protectors, black window surround protectors, check for damage and who knows what else before the car is ready to hand over to a customer. Even if this takes only 15 mins per car when you have several hundred, or maybe thousand cars to process, they can't all be ready on the same day! Those being transported onwards probably get this done at the delivery location, so switching to a Southampton collection probably adds a bit more work for the Southampton based Tesla guys. As they say, patience is a virtue!

understood. But then you'd also expect they'd know there are 8-10 boatfuls of cars arriving for Q1 deliveries and to have their bloody collection centre ready to receive them. Or if they know it won't be, tell us in advance that it will be Kent instead so we can make a decision, rather than arranging insurance and time off around location A then changing it.

They did the same thing last year too

So I placed my Model 3 SR order (UK) earlier today, paid £100 and applied for finance with Blackhorse as directed in Tesla website. Blackhorse declined finance.
I called Tesla now and asked them to close the order and refund £100.
Tesla Customer Service told me they cannot refund the £100.
What a joke !! - it's been only about 4hrs for all of this to transpire and now Tesla wants to keep the £100 !!!
Gotta say - the car might be good, but the Customer service is b*llsh*t !!!!

Order SR, no options, midnight silver 11/11.

Yesterday account showed February as estimated delivery for the first time.

Just changed to estimated 2nd to 16th March.

Does this definitely mean it will be 22 plate? Or will they all be registered earlier?

So I placed my Model 3 SR order (UK) earlier today, paid £100 and applied for finance with Blackhorse as directed in Tesla website. Blackhorse declined finance.
What a joke !! - it's been only about 4hrs for all of this to transpire and now Tesla wants to keep the £100 !!!
It says the £100 is non refundable.

Finally my status has now changed to delivery estimate of March 2nd to March 16th for my RWD. Model has changed from "Model 3" to "2022 Tesla Model 3". VIN has also been assigned! For those interested I ordered a RWD/MSM/19" Sport wheels/Black interior/EAP back in December 4th 2021. Collection will be from Bristol Cribbs. Hopefully those who also ordered RWDs will be getting their estimation dates and VIN soon too! 🤞 as up until now it's been dominated by LR AWDs :p

Tell them you want to cancel the order and to refund your deposit under distance selling regs.

Reactions: Cantonalegod
call them and say distance selling regs so give you the refund.
It's the Consumer Contracts Regulations these days but yes the principle is the same. It potentially wouldn't apply if you had gone for a test drive first though.

However withholding a deposit also isn't allowed, even if they state it is non-refundable, if Tesla has recovered their loss by selling to someone else. Given that the order would go to someone else who pays full price then they aren't out of pocket and therefore have to return your deposit.

It's the Consumer Contracts Regulations these days but yes the principle is the same. It potentially wouldn't apply if you had gone for a test drive first though.

However withholding a deposit also isn't allowed, even if they state it is non-refundable, if Tesla has recovered their loss by selling to someone else. Given that the order would go to someone else who pays full price then they aren't out of pocket and therefore have to return your deposit.

Thanks - didn’t know it had changed its name.

Finally my status has now changed to delivery estimate of March 2nd to March 16th for my RWD. Model has changed from "Model 3" to "2022 Tesla Model 3". VIN has also been assigned! For those interested I ordered a RWD/MSM/19" Sport wheels/Black interior/EAP back in December 4th 2021. Collection will be from Bristol Cribbs. Hopefully those who also ordered RWDs will be getting their estimation dates and VIN soon too! 🤞 as up until now it's been dominated by LR AWDs :p
Exciting times! I ordered a RWD, Grey, Standard wheels at the end of Dec! Fingers crossed I get mine soon!

Did anyone else notice this? Is this new? Have they simply moved the lowered suspension from the ‘performance upgrade’ to be a standard part of the performance model (I know in the US it’s charged for separately)?

Good to see performance models still have lowered suspension though!

2D535EB0-2F13-44B4-ABB1-E57AA3F25FB3.jpeg