Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered mine the day before you, my official valuation arrived in my account today (2nd Feb). It is the same as my provisional offer and is valid until 3rd April.

On that basis you should get yours in the next day or two - I think they have a central team doing them.

That's good to know, thank you very much!

I noticed that on both my account and the app it is now displaying an estimated delivery date, which is just March 2022. But at least that's something! 😂

I have an order for a lease (via Zen), and got all excited today when receiving an email from Tesla to set up my account. Links all looked kosher, and figured the lease company was setting this up on behalf, so completed the registration.

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be anything of any use linked to my account - so a question for anyone else using a 3rd party lease, should I expect to see progress updates on my account as the delivery progresses? (fingers crossed!!)

I will ask the lease co. too, but thought I'd see if anyone had real life experience.

Reactions: Brilliant145
J
I have an order for a lease (via Zen), and got all excited today when receiving an email from Tesla to set up my account. Links all looked kosher, and figured the lease company was setting this up on behalf, so completed the registration.

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be anything of any use linked to my account - so a question for anyone else using a 3rd party lease, should I expect to see progress updates on my account as the delivery progresses? (fingers crossed!!)

I will ask the lease co. too, but thought I'd see if anyone had real life experience.
no,

You won’t be able to use or do anything with the app until after you pick the car up unfortunately. I am in the same position, just sat looking at my empty Tesla app and waiting for delivery 😂

Reactions: CaptainC
I ordered a standard white RWD 18" on 21st December, estimated delivery showing as May (at the time I didn't notice changing colour affected the delivery date).

Now this morning around 9:30ish I noticed a standard white RWD 18" in inventory (probably the one someone on here saw earlier), so jumped on it. My thinking being that it's worth losing a £100 deposit to get the same car 3 months earlier. The inventory one is currently showing me an estimated delivery date of 15th Feb - 1st March.

Now I er... have two model 3 orders pending and need to cancel one...

The inventory one turns out to be a 2021 model, however. It was advertising the same 305 mile WLTP range when I clicked order, but my Tesla account page shows it as "2021 Tesla Model 3" and the 21st December order just shows "Tesla Model 3".

VIN in source code for the inventory model is LRW3F7FR2MC43****. Apparently this has a motor type "R", which I haven't been able to decode. Any ideas?

So in my impatience I'm probably missing out on the Ryzen and lithium auxiliary battery upgrade, but so long as it still has the 60kwh battery I think I'll keep it. Any thoughts?

I ordered one from Zen as well on the 14/01 White on white M3RWD and today they emailed me the order number RN*****. Out of curiosity When did you order yours and what did you order? Cheers!

Reactions: CaptainC
I ordered a standard white RWD 18" on 21st December, estimated delivery showing as May (at the time I didn't notice changing colour affected the delivery date).

Now this morning around 9:30ish I noticed a standard white RWD 18" in inventory (probably the one someone on here saw earlier), so jumped on it. My thinking being that it's worth losing a £100 deposit to get the same car 3 months earlier. The inventory one is currently showing me an estimated delivery date of 15th Feb - 1st March.

Now I er... have two model 3 orders pending and need to cancel one...

The inventory one turns out to be a 2021 model, however. It was advertising the same 305 mile WLTP range when I clicked order, but my Tesla account page shows it as "2021 Tesla Model 3" and the 21st December order just shows "Tesla Model 3".

VIN in source code for the inventory model is LRW3F7FR2MC43****. Apparently this has a motor type "R", which I haven't been able to decode. Any ideas?

So in my impatience I'm probably missing out on the Ryzen and lithium auxiliary battery upgrade, but so long as it still has the 60kwh battery I think I'll keep it. Any thoughts?

1-3rd character: LRW means made in china
4th character "3" means model 3
5th character "F" typically means 4 Door RHD Sedan, typically Model 3
6th character "7" typically means 2 Front, 3 Rear Seat Belts, Front Airbags, Side Inflatable Restraints & Active Hood
7th character "F" typically means Lithium Iron aka LFP and if it was an "E" Lithium Ion
8th character "R" typically means Motor/Drive combination and power rating. never seen an R based on logic: "R"ear-wheel drive
9th character is a control character means nothing
10th character "M" 2021 production date ("N" means 2022 production date)
11th character "C" China
12-17th characters is vehicle production number

Last edited: