Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So on the day that Grande California docked into Southampton my account no longer shows Brent Cross as my collection destination.

The time and date is still shown(10th at 12:00), but doesn’t say where…. getting nervous something is wrong.

I’ve paid for train tickets already, taken the day off work and sorted insurance.

Anyone else this has happened to?

So on the day that Grande California docked into Southampton my account no longer shows Brent Cross as my collection destination.

The time and date is still shown(10th at 12:00), but doesn’t say where…. getting nervous something is wrong.

I’ve paid for train tickets already, taken the day off work and sorted insurance.

yes - check my rants on the previous couple of pages. They’ve probably moved you to bluewater

I rang and got it changed to southampton for the same date and time, and the reg plate appears to be the same (but if that changes on the day I can ring and udpate the insurance).

This is apparantly because brent cross won’t be open for a couple of weeks and they can’t tell their arse from their elbow

edit: Actually if you’re coming from Essex that might suit you?

yes - check my rants on the previous couple of pages. They’ve probably moved you to bluewater

I rang and got it changed to southampton for the same date and time, and the reg plate appears to be the same (but if that changes on the day I can ring and udpate the insurance).

This is apparantly because brent cross won’t be open for a couple of weeks and they can’t tell their arse from their elbow

edit: Actually if you’re coming from Essex that might suit you?
Oh you’re kidding me? Has this been confirmed by Tesla then? I assume they’ll be contacting people that have Brent Cross selected as their collection then?

Bluewater is more of a nuisance in fairness as it’s not easy to get to on public transport, whereas the train into London was easy. I won’t get a refund on that ticket either!

Exact same and no update from Tesla yet, with collection on Tuesday! Must be a pretty bad experience for someone not following the forum or thinking to check the source code - I might just about forgive them if they sort it all out on Friday.
The thing is it's open as normal, which is why I'm baffled how they only just determined they can't deliver there.

I am expecting delivery soon (because I ordered in October and had it on hold), I want a 22 plate on my car. Am I the only one who (for 22 plate reasons) does NOT want a Feb delivery?
I ordered in October, just before the price rise.
I told my SA I wanted March delivery for the 22 plate, and he said no prob.
Shows Feb in my account, but no VIN in source yet.
I will delay as required!
RWD white/black /aeros.

Reactions: Rgascoigne71
Exact same and no update from Tesla yet, with collection on Tuesday! Must be a pretty bad experience for someone not following the forum or thinking to check the source code - I might just about forgive them if they sort it all out on Friday.

The thing is it's open as normal, which is why I'm baffled how they only just determined they can't deliver there.
Very frustrating, everything was going so smoothly until now…

Just checked the source code and Bluewater is now showing as the collection destination. You’d have thought they’d have reached out to us already, even if by text.

Can’t see them reimbursing me for my train ticket, which is non/refundable.

I’ll call them tomorrow on the number provided above and see what they say. Be nice if they could deliver to my local service centre as a gesture of good will, but I get the feeling Tesla fall short on these kind of gestures.

So I ordered RWD M3 in Oct 2021, and asked them for a March 2022 delivery.

Yesterday my delivery date was “Estimated February delivery date”.

Then I just opened my Tesla App and was promoted to “Accept Upgrade to Car Hardware” which described my range had increased for the M3 to 305 Miles (WLTP).

When I hit the “Accept” button, my Est. delivery date just updated to “March 3 - March 17”, but I checked no VIN…

How is this possible? Does this mean my M3 has the new Ryzen update to hardware too as well a 22 plate? Thanks in advance for any info !! (Super excited 😆)

Reactions: Petetheroadie

Just checked the source code and Bluewater is now showing as the collection destination. You’d have thought they’d have reached out to us already, even if by text.

Can’t see them reimbursing me for my train ticket, which is non/refundable.

I’ll call them tomorrow on the number provided above and see what they say. Be nice if they could deliver to my local service centre as a gesture of good will, but I get the feeling Tesla fall short on these kind of gestures.
Whilst I'm not trying to excuse Tesla for all the changes and inconvieniences we do have to understand that these are unusual times, Covid is still with us and many companies have half of their staff off work isolating, that together with the hugh uptake in sales no doubt put a lot of pressure on a perhaps already stretched delivery team - same with transporters, every car has to be moved from the docks to a delivery centre, maybe they're being let down by transport companies for the same reasons. It could be that Tesla are just doing the best they can to not let customers down - or of course it could be that they're just incompetent

Last edited:
Did anyone else notice this? Is this new? Have they simply moved the lowered suspension from the ‘performance upgrade’ to be a standard part of the performance model (I know in the US it’s charged for separately)?

Good to see performance models still have lowered suspension though!
it just seems to be an oversight. It isn’t there on the main website, only mobile. First they removed the text from the main site, then a week later the pictures changed so it doesn’t show it lower but this still remains until someone at Tesla realises. Clearly they don’t have a proper content management system behind there sites where the information is held in a single place.

Oh you’re kidding me? Has this been confirmed by Tesla then? I assume they’ll be contacting people that have Brent Cross selected as their collection then?

Bluewater is more of a nuisance in fairness as it’s not easy to get to on public transport, whereas the train into London was easy. I won’t get a refund on that ticket either!

It was flagged earlier in the thread when someone noticed their delivery address had disappeared, and they found ‘bluewater’ in the source code. I contacted chat who confirmed and tried to push me to bluewater but then suggested southampton which is a little easier (same time but fewer trains and doesn’t require me to go literally across from windsor to dartford..

While Brent cross is open, they use an overflow carpark across the road for collections not the actual shopping centre. Don’t see why that stops them - just need a gazebo set up but I guess they can’t even arrange that in time.

They told me service centres aren’t set up for collections - which at least last year was a lie as I collected my SR+ from Park Royal..

Whilst I'm not trying to excuse Tesla for all the changes and inconvieniences we do have to understand that these are unusual times, Covid is still with us and many companies have half of their staff off work isolating, that together with the hugh uptake in sales no doubt put a lot of pressure on a perhaps already stretched delivery team - same with transporters, every car has to be moved from the docks to a delivery centre, maybe they're being let down by transport companies for the same reasons. It could be that Tesla are just doing the best they can to not let customers down - or of course it could be that they're just incompetent

They were using Thorpe park car park for collections in Q4 after the park closed for the season. They are shutting it now as the park prepares to reopen. Dates they should have plenty of notice of.

They’re moving to Brent Cross overflow car park which seems almost never used, and which they used last year also. Again, you expect they are able to schedule this date with Brent Cross in advance.

They ship heavily towards the end of a quarter with multiple boats coming in, thousands of cars.

They should have overlap between collection centres, not a gap.

If they do have a gap they should know that and not allow probably hundreds of us to select a location, have it confirmed, and arrange travel around that, only to then remove it without notice

All this being said - I contemplated asking for a delivery via email - chat said it wasn’t available so might need me to get stroppy on a mail. But then I’ll be sitting on my hands on the day waiting for whenever it’ll turn up. I kind of prefer the known time for collection and getting up and out early in the morning is fine

If anyone is collecting from Bristol hub before the 10th Feb could they kindly drop a pin on a map or something with regards to where their actual pick up point is. Gone on Google maps to Banyard Road to get an idea as to where but seems like small business units along that road.
You're a day before me, so hopefully someone else does this before the 10th for you, but if not please report back to the thread on where you found the place because I looked at maps and am not sure either!

Reactions: MDowson954
I can confirm they have always been like this since dealing with them from 2017

Reactions: Mrklaw
I’ve just received my final invoice from Tesla and on the Vin is a letter M for the date so it makes it a 2021 model so do you guys think it will have the bigger battery and updated chip in it??

I did ring Tesla last weekend and asked the question as it said a 2021 car in the app and they said it was the newer version so do you guys think it’s worth another phone call just to confirm it as I’d like the newer stuff on the car? Thanks

I’ve just received my final invoice from Tesla and on the Vin is a letter M for the date so it makes it a 2021 model so do you guys think it will have the bigger battery and updated chip in it??

I did ring Tesla last weekend and asked the question as it said a 2021 car in the app and they said it was the newer version so do you guys think it’s worth another phone call just to confirm it as I’d like the newer stuff on the car? Thanks
probably. N is clearly indicating 2022 spec AFAIK. M still can be a unicorn or something