Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D-Day for my M3LR today - not heard anything yet from the delivery people (got the email at 8:30 from tesla ) - how did you find out where yours was being delivered from?
They closed my road yesterday so was wondering if I will get a call before they come, to figure out where they will actually deliver to.
I’ve had the email this morning as well. Nothing from the delivery guys yet.

I asked in the chat yesterday as I was trying to get a narrower time slot so I could organise my work day around it.

So bloody cold I’m likely going to need a charge to get to work.

Reactions: Bleng
I’ve had the email this morning as well. Nothing from the delivery guys yet.

I asked in the chat yesterday as I was trying to get a narrower time slot so I could organise my work day around it.

So bloody cold I’m likely going to need a charge to get to work.
It arrived - the poor delivery driver was given the wrong phone number - a 4 at the end instead of a 5 so he was unable to call.. it took him a while to find me - apparently the previous delivery he did today was also a problem as he was given a slightly wrong post code.
Anyway, it arrived with 43% charge and 7 miles on the clock. It was nice and clean. Will play with it some more tomorrow - it's been a long 8 month wait :)

Reactions: Astrape and Mais88
Has anyone ordered a car from existing inventory and had it delivered to a different location? Ordered a new M3P from Norwich and gave me the option to have the car collected from Glasgow, everything went fine until I received a call at 4pm the day before collection, which should have been at 9am the next morning telling me the car was still at Norwich and id either have to collect it myself or someone would drive it up for me ...

It arrived - the poor delivery driver was given the wrong phone number - a 4 at the end instead of a 5 so he was unable to call.. it took him a while to find me - apparently the previous delivery he did today was also a problem as he was given a slightly wrong post code.
Anyway, it arrived with 43% charge and 7 miles on the clock. It was nice and clean. Will play with it some more tomorrow - it's been a long 8 month wait :)
Hi mate. I also had home delivery on 8th December. Just wondering if you had all your charging cables in the trunk or frunk? …i.e. Type 2 and the Mobile Connector - both mine were missing. I’ve raised it with Tesla but I suspect this happens a lot…

Has anyone ordered a car from existing inventory and had it delivered to a different location? Ordered a new M3P from Norwich and gave me the option to have the car collected from Glasgow, everything went fine until I received a call at 4pm the day before collection, which should have been at 9am the next morning telling me the car was still at Norwich and id either have to collect it myself or someone would drive it up for me ...
This happens at quarter end, they run out of transport to move cars around. They want you to take the car before the 31st to help the numbers. If you think they wont sell it before the year end, you could say you would rather wait and have it delivered in January and see what they say.

I can't believe it - got a call today to offer me a car available immediately from Trafford! Going to collect tomorrow afternoon 🙂 360 mile round trip, but worth it instead of waiting until February next year. Interestingly my lease company knew nothing about it until I called them to check in insurance. Apparently they're giving me 6000 miles free supercharging to take delivery before end of the year too.

M3RWD red/black/aeros

I can't believe it - got a call today to offer me a car available immediately from Trafford! Going to collect tomorrow afternoon 🙂 360 mile round trip, but worth it instead of waiting until February next year. Interestingly my lease company knew nothing about it until I called them to check in insurance. Apparently they're giving me 6000 miles free supercharging to take delivery before end of the year too.

M3RWD red/black/aeros
Out of interest, who called you, Tesla or the lease company?

Another one with a lease waiting for information 😂

Delivery dates have gone from 01/12/22 -> 01/02/23 -> 01/01/23

Received a text from Tesla with my RN on the 25/11/22, but haven't heard anything since...

M3P, Pearl White, Black int
I’ve been trying to get progress on my order, which was placed in June.
I altered the mileage which seems to have confused things.
When I spoke with Tesla, they said that the lease company needed to authorise delivery, but when I spoke to the lease company I got various answers, ranging from “we are still running checks to confirm you can have the car”, to the most popular “we don’t need to contact Tesla, they will contact us - you should get a car in February now”( has been showing as December for months).
Yesterday I spoke to Tesla again to confirm if the authorisation has been given, and was told it had not.
Today I phoned the lease company, eventually convinced them that they needed to authorise the car, which they said they had done during the call.
I waited a couple of hours, and had another chat with Tesla, who said that they had received nothing. They then contacted the lease company themselves and within 10 minutes I had an email from the lease company confirming it has been approved!

Now I just need to wait for Tesla to assign me a car- I’m pushing to get it before the end of the month, so I can get the free supercharging…