Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a test drive earlier in the week in a M3P. Wish I hadn't 😭. I'm not sure what do now. LR is the 'sensible' option and more than enough for me but I love the aesthetics of the M3P.
One of the demos that sometimes appear on the inventory would be perfect as they're around £3500 cheaper with only a few miles.

My dilemma is do I order now for March or gamble on finding another demo?..... aargh! Some chancers on autotrader with nearly new cars over list. I'm not doing that.

I actually had a M3 SR+ on order back in the autumn but cancelled it due to a change of work and being unsure if the range would be enough for the new job.

I had a test drive earlier in the week in a M3P. Wish I hadn't 😭. I'm not sure what do now. LR is the 'sensible' option and more than enough for me but I love the aesthetics of the M3P.
One of the demos that sometimes appear on the inventory would be perfect as they're around £3500 cheaper with only a few miles.

My dilemma is do I order now for March or gamble on finding another demo?..... aargh! Some chancers on autotrader with nearly new cars over list. I'm not doing that.

I actually had a M3 SR+ on order back in the autumn but cancelled it due to a change of work and being unsure if the range would be enough for the new job.

Get TSV wheels from T Sportline and a stick on spoiler :p

Reactions: 73henny
I have had the two texts, so must have purchased two cars, Midnight Silver, black and aero wheels. It’s all very exciting but I must try and do some work instead of looking at forum every 5 seconds. 😂😂😂
same! got 2 texts with two different order numbers... :D

LR is more or less the same. P is only half a second faster, but shorter range and harsher ride! :) But do not take the test drive one... all test drives are abused as hell!

Reactions: 73henny
LR is more or less the same. P is only half a second faster, but shorter range and harsher ride! :) But do not take the test drive one... all test drives are abused as hell!
Some the demos only had about 100 miles on them so work the minimal risk for over £3k saving.
Had the demo I drove been for sale (120 miles) I'd have struggled not to buy it.

Get TSV wheels from T Sportline and a stick on spoiler :p

I googled that when I read your email. It'd be nearly £3k to get them here.

My ideal spec would be an LR that looked exactly like the P.

Bloody cars. Wish I hated them.

Has there been anyone who got a VIN for 2022 Standard Range. In Ireland there weren’t any end of the year deliveries for SR and now wondering if it’ll make it to March or not.
Don't believe there is such a thing anymore unless they are still selling leftover inventory. All new models are going to be larger battery "RWD".
I changed my SR+ to a RWD to be sure I would get the 60kw car, Tesla told me there was risk of getting the old one.

Got my delivery scheduled on 8th of February!!!

Juat got my text to schedule a pick up date.

Guy's it's happening!!!

Still waiting for contract/ invoice to pay
I've also scheduled for the 8th Feb 😁
Knowing now that all cars are new spec, my concern for the 22 reg plate is long gone - it's worth the early delivery.
Anyone else who was offered Thorpe Park previously now being offered Brent Cross?

A lot less convenient for me!
Yep, was offered Thorpe Park back in December, but it's now set to Brent Cross - I assumed that it's because I'm local (10 mins away), but not sure now if that's the replacement for Thorpe Park (to cover a much broader area).

Got my delivery scheduled on 8th of February!!!

Juat got my text to schedule a pick up date.

Guy's it's happening!!!

Still waiting for contract/ invoice to pay
No way!! I'm excited for you buddy! 😃

Hopefully I'll get the magic text soon and I'll be excited for me sometime soon as well, but I didn't order until 31st December so I'm sure I'll be towards the end of the queue in that February shipment.

Received my scheduling message offering 10-17 Feb which I’m not going to proceed with. Looks like I’m heading for the on-hold lottery…
All because of waiting for the new reg? Does it really make that much difference to residuals these days? I'd be worried that if I miss this batch I could end up waiting months for my next opportunity. You might be halfway to the following reg change before you're driving it.

Your decision of course, but you are a more patient man than I am! :)

Haven't bought yet. But I've read that people buy insurance without reg and then call to insurance company during the pick up when reg is known just to add it on.
Ah okay, I was just confused by this wording from Direct Line which suggests you can't do that:
Remember, you can’t buy a policy until you’ve bought your car and given us your registration. The price we quote is subject to change until we have your full details.