Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I gave them a quick call and they were able to hold my account until the 15th of Feb then allocate me a car that would arrive by March.

She mentioned all of the cars inspected via VIN number so far have had the new updates we’re all interested in (including the one I’m letting go) but she can’t rule out any stranglers with old updates.

Also hasn’t seen any M3 with double rear laminated windows in this quarter and looks like it’s only for the MY for now.

I hope the reallocation can go to someone in this forum who ordered a long range in black with white interior and 18” inch wheels!

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I've just had a very interesting call from Tesla UK Deliveries Team. I had emailed earlier today to try and clarify some of the discrepancies in info I had been given by different Tesla TAs in the past few days. Here is the latest from the horses mouth...
  • February 22 deliveries to UK are ALL M3LR, M3P and first batches of MY.
  • There are NO M3RWD variants coming to the UK until end of February for March delivery.
  • Unexpectedly, I am listed for a home delivery as Cribbs will not be delivering anything in Q1 due to high volumes and large geographical area covered by the store. Not sure whether this might affect other collection points also.
  • All M3 variants delivered in Q1 will have the full upgrades, including AMD Ryzen processor.
  • All M3RWD variants on order and currently awaiting delivery and VIN assignment should be assigned no later than mid February. I have been given an estimate of early March delivery as I ordered in November.
Hope this helps some of you out there. I pushed with numerous questions, but answers were not hard to get. He was quite willing to provide a comprehensive update for me. I guess this might be disappointing for some and good for others depending on your patience levels and other factors. I happier that at least I have confidence in the actual position and can now plan accordingly.

That's all for now!
Thanks for the update, not the best news as I ordered M3RWD at start December hoping for delivery start Feb :(

makes you wonder what is the threshold for a meaningful rejection? They don’t give clear specs so its difficult to say you ordered a ryzen/laminated glass model. But if 90-95% of deliveries in a month have the new spec and you get the old, you’d be right to feel pissed off. if those numbers are low enough, Tesla would be smart to try and have those prioritised as inventory stock if possible and then sell on with eg EAP to incentivise sell through

selfishly I’m more concerned about RWD specs

makes you wonder what is the threshold for a meaningful rejection? They don’t give clear specs so its difficult to say you ordered a ryzen/laminated glass model. But if 90-95% of deliveries in a month have the new spec and you get the old, you’d be right to feel pissed off. if those numbers are low enough, Tesla would be smart to try and have those prioritised as inventory stock if possible and then sell on with eg EAP to incentivise sell through

selfishly I’m more concerned about RWD specs
When you have the car offered the rep can do a VIN check. This will certify your car has Ryzen. If when you collect, it doesn't, it's not as prescribed, therefore in your right to accept / reject as you deem necessary. If it's confirmed that your VIN is not Ryzen, then you reject at the call. It gives me the confidence to run with the Feb / March requisition.

This is exactly what I was told at tesla yesterday in person. The Ys ARE confirmed, but no model 3s from what anyone has yet seen. It's likely to be introduced imminently, but it's not a big enough deal to postpone...
Agreed. I am far more interested in the AMD Ryzen processor tbh. I suppose, that being told I have to wait until March for delivery of my RWD order at least increases the odds of getting all available current updates.

I wonder if Tesla are going to communicate about Cribbs openly in a few days or will be a case of having to chase. I must say Having this forum is fantastic and helps keep the delivery excitement alive.
Absolutely! My wife said this morning: "You spend more time on that forum than talking to me. What's it all about?" I said it's good to help piece the puzzle together. It's amazing what a bit of information sharing can achieve 🤣 She is secretly as excited as I am, though I'm worried that it's just about the caraoke for her!

• Funny
Reactions: RichardTheKing
Some might say my online shopping is premature for someone who doesn't even have a delivery/collection day confirmation text yet... 🤣

IMG_0015.jpeg

Last edited:
IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I've just had a very interesting call from Tesla UK Deliveries Team. I had emailed earlier today to try and clarify some of the discrepancies in info I had been given by different Tesla TAs in the past few days. Here is the latest from the horses mouth...
  • February 22 deliveries to UK are ALL M3LR, M3P and first batches of MY.
  • There are NO M3RWD variants coming to the UK until end of February for March delivery.
  • Unexpectedly, I am listed for a home delivery as Cribbs will not be delivering anything in Q1 due to high volumes and large geographical area covered by the store. Not sure whether this might affect other collection points also.
  • All M3 variants delivered in Q1 will have the full upgrades, including AMD Ryzen processor.
  • All M3RWD variants on order and currently awaiting delivery and VIN assignment should be assigned no later than mid February. I have been given an estimate of early March delivery as I ordered in November.
Hope this helps some of you out there. I pushed with numerous questions, but answers were not hard to get. He was quite willing to provide a comprehensive update for me. I guess this might be disappointing for some and good for others depending on your patience levels and other factors. I happier that at least I have confidence in the actual position and can now plan accordingly.

That's all for now!
The Ryzen processor on the M3 seems to be at odds with what others have been told by Tesla (that it will be Q2) and only MY are getting it in Q1. Time will tell, but it’s been said many times, Tesla staff are not always correct

Is this worth purchasing guys? What are your thoughts?

I’m tempted - and also the door projector/pool lights. I’ve had my model 3 for a little while and its quite annoying getting into at night its so dark compared to other cars I’ve had

Reactions: LuckyLukeUK