Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Afternoon all hope you are well.
I have done it! I have taken the plunge and just ordered my new Tesla Model 3 Long Range. You cannot beat that new car smell and I honestly cannot wait. My heart has skipped a few beats at the price tag but what the heck, I have done it.

I have been quoted an estimated delivery date of the 10th March 2022. Can anyone confirm how accurate this has been for them? Basically the date they have been given has been the date it was delivered? I know of the chip and worker shortage impact due to covid so was wondering if these dates slipped often?

Also, are they still delivering cars with the wireless charger and the front USB ports disabled? I had heard that has happened as well.

Off on a stag do on the 31st March so am really hoping my car has arrived by then to show it off to the lads.

In any case cannot wait!!!

I'd be more inclined to believe it if I had received this.

View attachment 756582

Nobody in the UK will get this notification, as our advertised range (LR) was 360mi unlike the rest of Europe (which was ~380mi I think).

Our advertised range transitioned from 360 to 374mi (602km) a few days ago, which means both the CPU and battery upgrade are simultaneous for us. I'm pretty sure they don't need our authorisation to get better range and screen performance than ordered 😀

Last edited:
I have done it! I have taken the plunge and just ordered my new Tesla Model 3 Long Range. You cannot beat that new car smell and I honestly cannot wait. My heart has skipped a few beats at the price tag but what the heck, I have done it.

I have been quoted an estimated delivery date of the 10th March 2022. Can anyone confirm how accurate this has been for them? Basically the date they have been given has been the date it was delivered? I know of the chip and worker shortage impact due to covid so was wondering if these dates slipped often?

Also, are they still delivering cars with the wireless charger and the front USB ports disabled? I had heard that has happened as well.

Off on a stag do on the 31st March so am really hoping my car has arrived by then to show it off to the lads.

Might force Tesla to employ a nuclear reactor in up coming models 😝

I won't use the word 'confirmed', but my optimism was boosted by having visited Tesla in person and managed to get a unanimous 'reassurance' that cars coming to the UK for Feb would be 2022 as advertised spec. Collectively as well, though, not one of the customer service reps were able to confirm the double laminate rear screens. The AMD was absoluted, the 15v Li-ion battery was as well, indeed the NEW front projector lights, and the now freshly updated (Friday) Long Range 389 mi optimisation. I asked of this was the 79kw battery and at least more than one of them gave a cheeky look and said Tesla doesn't disclose the battery capacity. I could feel the wink wink nudge nudges. But I'm not going to come on here and use the word confirm. They used the word 'optimized'... so it is what it is!

initial ETA for me was "March" and now it moved to early February!

Where are you seeing that the range of your Model 3 has gone up? If it's just on the new order page, presumably they'd only have to stand by that for new orders as of the time of that website change? Maybe they just know that for anyone ordering today they'll get the bigger battery, whereas it's not guaranteed for orders from a few weeks ago like mine?

How did you pay? Did it just take it from the card you set up on your account when you hit 'accept' ?
there were instructions of the amount and bank transfer details (company, sort code, account number + Swift & Iban if needed) with clear instructions:
- provide RN number in reference field
- Has to come from account in my name

Last edited:
Where are you seeing that the range of your Model 3 has gone up? If it's just on the new order page, presumably they'd only have to stand by that for new orders as of the time of that website change? Maybe they just know that for anyone ordering today they'll get the bigger battery, whereas it's not guaranteed for orders from a few weeks ago like mine?
They said ALL LR cars. My speculation is that hardware has changed on the 2022, and a further optimization (using their own words) was able to take place. I do wonder if it's the same battery, but perhaps something less draggy about the 15v lithium battery pulling less from the main drive power unit maybe? So I would probably imagine the 389 is more about software than physical battery changes. 389... that's a REALLY specific number. I think Tesla are absolute min/maxing here. If it was a new battery pack, we should be seeing >400 mi by now I'm certain.

Reactions: AutomaticMan
there were instructions of the amount and bank transfer details (company, sort code, account number + Swift & Iban if needed) with clear instructions:
- provide RN number
- Has to come from account in my name
Ahh ok ok ok, it's a manual bank transfer jobby. Don't know about you but I'm terrified of a cash PUSH from my account. For these kinds of transfer I would way prefer Tesla to 'PULL' the money. I've always got the scam 'sweats' before I hit 'send'. 🥶

Ahh ok ok ok, it's a manual bank transfer jobby. Don't know about you but I'm terrified of a cash PUSH from my account. For these kinds of transfer I would way prefer Tesla to 'PULL' the money. I've always got the scam 'sweats' before I hit 'send'. 🥶
same to me. but well, it comes from the Tesla page (after I logged in, there were no emails/texts).

By the way, Lloyds could not verified the owner of the account (as it is an American company I presume) so I checked numbers like 55 times :D

• Funny
Can't speak for other apps, but Nationwide checks the recipient account holder name against the one you enter allowing you to check it looks right before paying. Before that I used to pay £1 and then confirm receiver had got it before making any large payments.