Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They said ALL LR cars. My speculation is that hardware has changed on the 2022, and a further optimization (using their own words) was able to take place. I do wonder if it's the same battery, but perhaps something less draggy about the 15v lithium battery pulling less from the main drive power unit maybe? So I would probably imagine the 389 is more about software than physical battery changes. 389... that's a REALLY specific number. I think Tesla are absolute min/maxing here. If it was a new battery pack, we should be seeing >400 mi by now I'm certain.
I think this is the "preemptive measure" vs Model 3 RWD with LFP battery as per reports, you can keep 100% SOC without degradation on this one while standard LR battery you charge at 90% and in like 5 years total range would be more or less the same on RWD and LR as per reports/calcs...

Do you have an 'amount remaining to pay' on your account in that case? Sending £1 is the more secure and less worrisome way to do it, but weather or not you can do it is something I'm not sure on.
did my payment an hour and a half ago.
Now on the account page it shows that paid - get ready for delivery.

Source code VIN is same as before. no "official VIN" displayed yet

Reactions: RichardTheKing
Do you have an 'amount remaining to pay' on your account in that case? Sending £1 is the more secure and less worrisome way to do it, but weather or not you can do it is something I'm not sure on.
I would also be interested in knowing this! For a start, I'd have to contact the bank to temporarily increase my daily bank transfer limit as sending £50k bank transfers is not something I do every day 🤣

Would be good if I could do it in a few payments over a few days partly for checking it works purposes, but also partly not to hit my daily limits.

I would also be interested in knowing this! For a start, I'd have to contact the bank to temporarily increase my daily bank transfer limit as sending £50k bank transfers is not something I do every day 🤣

Would be good if I could do it in a few payments over a few days partly for checking it works purposes, but also partly not to hit my daily limits.
ask if you can pay 50k by card.. :D

also, HMRC will be (most probably) alerted by such transfer by private person... :)

• Funny
Reactions: AutomaticMan
i asked via tesla chat today if my model 3 long range with vin number LRW3F7EK4NC477810 had the latest updates like ryzen mcu etc they assured me it did i then rang tesla service and they confirmed what i thought no model 3 in europe has the new mcu 3 and wont have any time soon so why is there so much talk about it

i asked via tesla chat today if my model 3 long range with vin number LRW3F7EK4NC477810 had the latest updates like ryzen mcu etc they assured me it did i then rang tesla service and they confirmed what i thought no model 3 in europe has the new mcu 3 and wont have any time soon so why is there so much talk about it
So if I'm reading this right, one person at Tesla confirmed you have MCU3 then another person at Tesla confirmed that you don't have MCU3?

This is why I'm not even bothering to ask them about this 😂

Reactions: Garry TheBiz
Well, yes. Because there's not a single 2022 model delivered yet.

There's bunch of videos coming from states where people showing Ryzens.

Nevertheless if car will come as Atom, oh well. If it comes ryzen - woohoo

Just emailed the salesman chap I was dealing with at Tesla to check it was normal I don't have a text yet when others seem to be getting their texts. Also mentioned that someone had been told on a forum that Cribbs won't be doing collections. He said,

"Yes I can see that the vessel which should have your car is due to dock 2nd Feb.​
I wouldn't have expected people getting texts until the first vessel lands, which I don't believe it has, possibly the delivery process has changed this quarter.​
I still have you as collecting from us so not sure what that person was told or interpreted what he was told, maybe it was that we won't be doing extra numbers than was already expected, but even then I'd doubt that..."​

So I guess I'm just staying tuned for the text! But it does at least sound promising for me getting the car in time for travelling to my friend's wedding on the 22nd. Arriving in a Tesla means I'll be arriving at the wedding in more style than in the compact class manual transmission petrol rental car I was previously planning! :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: Snowy77
Just emailed the salesman chap I was dealing with at Tesla to check it was normal I don't have a text yet when others seem to be getting their texts. Also mentioned that someone had been told on a forum that Cribbs won't be doing collections. He said,

"Yes I can see that the vessel which should have your car is due to dock 2nd Feb.​
I wouldn't have expected people getting texts until the first vessel lands, which I don't believe it has, possibly the delivery process has changed this quarter.​
I still have you as collecting from us so not sure what that person was told or interpreted what he was told, maybe it was that we won't be doing extra numbers than was already expected, but even then I'd doubt that..."​

So I guess I'm just staying tuned for the text! But it does at least sound promising for me getting the car in time for travelling to my friend's wedding on the 22nd. Arriving in a Tesla means I'll be arriving at the wedding in more style than in the compact class manual transmission petrol rental car I was previously planning! :cool:
Very interesting (if a bit frustrating). I was clearly told by the Tesla UK Deliveries Team that whilst I had selected a collection from Cribbs, they would not be managing any hand-overs at the store in Q1 and I was listed as having a home delivery. We talked at length about how this works as I was not expecting it. I have absolute clarity about this conversation, so it would appear that internal comms at tesla is problematic to say the least! I will check this out again if I get the chance.

Reactions: AutomaticMan
Had a web chat with Tesla today regarding Model 3 RWD (SR+) deliveries and AMD.
They said they have no information on the MCU3/AMD chips for these. When the VINs are assigned then they will know if these cars will have Intel or AMD.
Has anyone heard anything else on the RWD M3?

Had a web chat with Tesla today regarding Model 3 RWD (SR+) deliveries and AMD.
They said they have no information on the MCU3/AMD chips for these. When the VINs are assigned then they will know if these cars will have Intel or AMD.
Has anyone heard anything else on the RWD M3?
This accords with many of the conversations held previously by others in this thread and the 2022 Shipping thread. I have posted several comments recently, which you might find helpful. While there are some mixed messages about when exactly the latest batch of M3RWD's will come through, the clearest indications are that they will start to filter through towards the end of February. Most of them will in fact not arrive until March. I have been told that I should expect delivery in early March (or late February if a car with matched spec becomes available for re-assignment). All info on RWD specs seems to be inconclusive at the moment. M3LR and M3P seem to have clearer info at this stage. Hope that helps!

Following a long wait since my October order I’ve now had confirmation of delivery on 09/02/22.

Helpful chap on the CS chat confirmed the car assigned would have the Ryzen chip installed.

M3LR / Blue / White Interior / Aero wheels

Reactions: iorgosg