Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, reading this post and excited with the prospect of getting the new updated car until the last few posts that suggest it might not be the case.

I like others have had an email reply from Tesla Glasgow confirming I will receive the updates on the website - which I take to be the increased mileage.

Can anyone advise now I have the VIN to identify if it is the updated version or not.

Many thanks
Just call Tesla, your customer rep. I was advised at the weekend, they can VIN look up and confirm for you. You'll be fine, but peace of mind, just give them a call. I think others are in the same mindset as you, so would be great if you can share your experience.

Reactions: SpareHeadOne
@jmhumphreys - your Tesla intel may have been at least partially right after all! I just asked the chap at Cribbs about the increase in range that's showing on the website and got the following back. Following my own advice and not treating this as a 'confirmation', but just an indication that I might have it. I note he used the word 'indicates' rather than 'confirmed' himself! But he also shone some more light on the Cribbs collections. I'm assuming this will be why I haven't had the collection text that most of the rest of you seem to have, as they're presumably working out all the logistics of this.

"Yes they now have a higher energy density, looking at the VIN you're currently assigned to it indicates that you'll be getting the new version 👍
Also, on delivery at Cribbs I think I may know where the confusion may have stemmed from, our number of collections have outgrown the Malls car park so they will likely be from another location this quarter, but it will be close by, possibly the Port at Avonmouth."​

@jmhumphreys - your Tesla intel may have been at least partially right after all! I just asked the chap at Cribbs about the increase in range that's showing on the website and got the following back. Following my own advice and not treating this as a 'confirmation', but just an indication that I might have it. I note he used the word 'indicates' rather than 'confirmed' himself! But he also shone some more light on the Cribbs collections. I'm assuming this will be why I haven't had the collection text that most of the rest of you seem to have, as they're presumably working out all the logistics of this.

"Yes they now have a higher energy density, looking at the VIN you're currently assigned to it indicates that you'll be getting the new version 👍
Also, on delivery at Cribbs I think I may know where the confusion may have stemmed from, our number of collections have outgrown the Malls car park so they will likely be from another location this quarter, but it will be close by, possibly the Port at Avonmouth."​
That is a great update as I am in exactly the same position as you. I guess either this week or next we should expect that text.

Sounds good @AutomaticMan - I guess we just have to keep pooling all our intel and piecing the puzzle together! Interesting to hear about Avonmouth possibly being used. At the moment the mahoosive car park that's used for vehicle imports (which is usually crammed to the gills with cars with deliveries from a range of manufacturers) is empty and has been for months since the chip crisis. Sounds like a very plausible plan for Tesla as it's a stones throw from Cribbs anyway 👏

Reactions: AutomaticMan
Sounds good @AutomaticMan - I guess we just have to keep pooling all our intel and piecing the puzzle together! Interesting to hear about Avonmouth possibly being used. At the moment the mahoosive car park that's used for vehicle imports (which is usually crammed to the gills with cars with deliveries from a range of manufacturers) is empty and has been for months since the chip crisis. Sounds like a very plausible plan for Tesla as it's a stones throw from Cribbs anyway 👏
Yeah, wonder how they'll do it... maybe some kind of pop-up Tesla office? Can't imagine it'll just be a bloke with a Tesla hat stood out in the middle of a car park handing out key cards to people, but I suppose you never know! 😆

Looks like Avonmouth might be easier to get to on public transport anyway as it will be all trains rather than trains and buses, so suits me. Won't be able to have my customary giant burrito from the burrito place in Cribbs though, as is my usual habit whenever I'm there! 😜

I just hope the texts come in soon. Need to book the day off work so need a bit of warning for that, plus it would just be nice to have some certainty about when I'll have a car again in general.

The Ryzen processor on the M3 seems to be at odds with what others have been told by Tesla (that it will be Q2) and only MY are getting it in Q1. Time will tell, but it’s been said many times, Tesla staff are not always correct
Than
Just call Tesla, your customer rep. I was advised at the weekend, they can VIN look up and confirm for you. You'll be fine, but peace of mind, just give them a call. I think others are in the same mindset as you, so would be great if you can share your experience.
Hi Snowy- cheers I will give them a phone

Reactions: Snowy77
That is a great update as I am in exactly the same position as you. I guess either this week or next we should expect that text.
I would hope so @MDowson954 - when I last spoke to my TA he encouraged me to contact him again towards the end of January when he said he would be prepared to give me all the details of the shipment containing my order and to be on standby for delivery early March. This also tallies with the timeline that Mr Miserable offered earlier.

Reactions: MDowson954
Yeah, wonder how they'll do it... maybe some kind of pop-up Tesla office? Can't imagine it'll just be a bloke with a Tesla hat stood out in the middle of a car park handing out key cards to people, but I suppose you never know! 😆

Looks like Avonmouth might be easier to get to on public transport anyway as it will be all trains rather than trains and buses, so suits me. Won't be able to have my customary giant burrito from the burrito place in Cribbs though, as is my usual habit whenever I'm there! 😜

I just hope the texts come in soon. Need to book the day off work so need a bit of warning for that, plus it would just be nice to have some certainty about when I'll have a car again in general.

you might need a stop there after pickup to charge depending how much you pick it up with. How do they deal with charging when they aren't collected from a service centre? My car was pickup from Park Royal if I remember correctly, but Thorpe Park this time -which doesn't have superchargers..

Reactions: AutomaticMan

They have just opened the pop-up showroom at Darts Farm down the road from me (see pic). This may be all they need to get the show on the road from Avonmouth. Shame about the burritos though 😂

Attachments

• 20220114_181610.jpg
    20220114_181610.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 63
you might need a stop there after pickup to charge depending how much you pick it up with. How do they deal with charging when they aren't collected from a service centre? My car was pickup from Park Royal if I remember correctly, but Thorpe Park this time -which doesn't have superchargers..
Good point, though Avonmouth port is only one short junction down the M5 from Cribbs. It's maybe 4-5 miles or there is Gordano services same kind of distance further south on the M5 and Michael Wood services same sort of distance north of Cribbs on the M5. #spoiltforchoice

Good point, though Avonmouth port is only one short junction down the M5 from Cribbs. It's maybe 4-5 miles or there is Gordano services same kind of distance further south on the M5 and Michael Wood services same sort of distance north of Cribbs on the M5. #spoiltforchoice
If they did collections from Gordano Services it would put people off for life - I hate it there personally.

Nah, those Teslas charge too quickly to eat a whole giant burrito before the overstay fees kick in… 😉

(I’m actually only half joking! My ID.3 charged twice as quickly as the e-Golf I had before it. While this was generally good, I did find myself having to rush back from charging stop meals to it from time to time. With the e-Golf I could have eaten a very large burrito indeed in the time it took to charge!!)

I deliberately haven't thought about it too much and just ordered one! The P is well into diminishing returns over the LR for the 20% extra cost but I was going to buy something even sillier and more expensive, so I'm convinced (at least).

I know the LR makes much more sense and is more affordable but I'm struggling to spend £50k on a car that doesn't look like I want it too. I'm sold on the P looks but don't really need its ultimate performance and brakes. My ideal spec would be a LR that looked identical to the P.
Haven't a clue thus far. All I know is I've only driven the P and had the 100 mile demo I had been available I'd have bought it there and then.

My wife is convinced I'm mad.:confused:

I know the LR makes much more sense and is more affordable but I'm struggling to spend £50k on a car that doesn't look like I want it too. I'm sold on the P looks but don't really need its ultimate performance and brakes. My ideal spec would be a LR that looked identical to the P.
Haven't a clue thus far. All I know is I've only driven the P and had the 100 mile demo I had been available I'd have bought it there and then.

My wife is convinced I'm mad.:confused:
What’s the difference in looks? You’re a cheap carbon fibre effect spoiler from fleabay, a set of alloys, and some brake caliper paint away from recreating it on the LR aren’t you?

What’s the difference in looks? You’re a cheap carbon fibre effect spoiler from fleabay, a set of alloys, and some brake caliper paint away from recreating it on the LR aren’t you?
It's mostly the slightly lower stance and the wheels. On the order screen I keep clicking back and forward between LR & P and having the head vs heart fight.
I think the wheels cost around £3k from the US. Not sure they're available to buy here.

Reactions: roadcred
It's mostly the slightly lower stance and the wheels. On the order screen I keep clicking back and forward between LR & P and having the head vs heart fight.
I think the wheels cost around £3k from the US. Not sure they're available to buy here.
I just saw some for £400 on fleabay. Might be a scam or something though, didn’t look into it in detail.

Or 3rd party alloy wheel makers probably have similar looking wheels in their ranges. Maybe even other wheels that you like even more!