Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am one of the M3LR people for Cribbs who is getting impatient at MY orders are being asked to book their collection already and alas nothing yet for me with an estimated delivery of 2-16 Feb. @AutomaticMan i feel your pain.
Yeah, it's weird isn't it. The thing is, I'll happily collect it from anywhere in the UK within reason. I mean, Scotland may be pushing it, but still. I think if I still don't have a text tomorrow I'll get in touch with Cribbs and ask if they can switch my order to another location. I'd collect it right off the boat if they'll let me! 😄

Yeah, it's weird isn't it. The thing is, I'll happily collect it from anywhere in the UK within reason. I mean, Scotland may be pushing it, but still. I think if I still don't have a text tomorrow I'll get in touch with Cribbs and ask if they can switch my order to another location. I'd collect it right off the boat if they'll let me! 😄
I feel the exact same. A day trip down Southampton sounds perfect to me 😃

I'm the same waiting for my text for a Cribbs collection - however I think changing the location might just put you at the bottom of another possibly longer list. 2nd - 16th Feb is only a matter of weeks so patience is needed :)
Well I wouldn't want to unmatch from the VIN I've got, but as far as I can tell that car isn't at Cribbs anyway, it's on a boat somewhere south of Suez. I'm not sure why that car has to go to Cribbs when it arrives if they're struggling to arrange collections there when I'm perfectly happy to collect from another location that's more convenient for Tesla. So I think that's what I'll be asking them today, whether it's possible to keep the same matched car (which they told me gets into port on the 2nd), but collect it from a location, any location, that can enable the earliest pick up.

On another thread Model Y buyers are getting texts to pick up near Cribbs on the 15th. If those are their earliest slots they can do (and if not, why are they arranging collections on the 15th before arranging collections on earlier dates?), it will be really frustrating to have my car sitting somewhere in the UK for a couple of weeks with me not being able to collect it. For the sake of a train ticket somewhere, I'd sooner just go to where the car is and grab it asap.

Reactions: MDowson954
Approximately how long did Tesla take after the finance approval to get the contracts updated so you can pay the deposit? And do you know if VINs don’t get released/planned until after the deposit is paid? Or will that process continue in parallel anyway

Approximately how long did Tesla take after the finance approval to get the contracts updated so you can pay the deposit? And do you know if VINs don’t get released/planned until after the deposit is paid? Or will that process continue in parallel anyway
Once the finance is agreed you then have to wait until you get a delivery date before the contract is updated. Once you have an estimated delivery date this means you have been allocated a vehicle, then when a delivery date and time is confirmed you will get the updated contract and request for payment about 5 days later, well that is my experience.

Reactions: Mrklaw
Anyone that ordered the RWD would have done so with the 0-60 time stated as 5.8 sec. and they will get a car the provides that performance.

The decrease in 0-60 time, compared to the SR+, is because, as you state, a change in motor.
There are still some people with o/s orders from October who ordered the SR+ with 5.3 0 to 60.....including mine.

Not much to be done TBH.

Take it or leave it!

No car at the mo, so looks like "take it". 😊

Well I wouldn't want to unmatch from the VIN I've got, but as far as I can tell that car isn't at Cribbs anyway, it's on a boat somewhere south of Suez. I'm not sure why that car has to go to Cribbs when it arrives if they're struggling to arrange collections there when I'm perfectly happy to collect from another location that's more convenient for Tesla. So I think that's what I'll be asking them today, whether it's possible to keep the same matched car (which they told me gets into port on the 2nd), but collect it from a location, any location, that can enable the earliest pick up.

On another thread Model Y buyers are getting texts to pick up near Cribbs on the 15th. If those are their earliest slots they can do (and if not, why are they arranging collections on the 15th before arranging collections on earlier dates?), it will be really frustrating to have my car sitting somewhere in the UK for a couple of weeks with me not being able to collect it. For the sake of a train ticket somewhere, I'd sooner just go to where the car is and grab it asap.
If they do let you collect from port etc then keep me updated :) I might follow suit.

Reactions: AutomaticMan
Thought it was pretty cool that the live chat people can see the charge of the car already:
78F7FC68-BE55-483B-96FF-43ED8FF2FB71.jpeg

Heard some talking about free supercharging on day of delivery, but looks like officially that’s not the case. Perhaps if you’re lucky you might catch the system before your payment account is in place.

If they do let you collect from port etc then keep me updated :) I might follow suit.
Heard back from Cribbs. He said that the Bristol collections will start the same time as the other sites, and the only thing that the change of Bristol collection location has delayed is the sending of the texts. Also that Model 3 pickups will be before the first Y collections on 15th, and will be from Bristol Port. Apparently only a select few Model Ys will be collected from Aerospace Bristol.

He did say that he could change my collection location to Southampton, but doing so would probably only result in me getting the car a day or two earlier.

As I don't live in Bristol and will have to get a train either way, I've replied to say that actually I would like to collect from Southampton instead in that case if possible. The way I see it, for the sake of an extra hour or so on the train, and about another tenner for the ticket, it's worth it to me to maybe get the car two days earlier. That's two fewer days I have to take the bus into work possibly!

Waiting to hear back from him now about changing that collection location. I'm sure he expected me to say "oh, well if it's only a day or two then it's not worth it", so hopefully he isn't too annoyed that I said yes to it! 😂

Heard back from Cribbs. He said that the Bristol collections will start the same time as the other sites, and the only thing that the change of Bristol collection location has delayed is the sending of the texts. Also that Model 3 pickups will be before the first Y collections on 15th, and will be from Bristol Port. Apparently only a select few Model Ys will be collected from Aerospace Bristol.

He did say that he could change my collection location to Southampton, but doing so would probably only result in me getting the car a day or two earlier.

As I don't live in Bristol and will have to get a train either way, I've replied to say that actually I would like to collect from Southampton instead in that case if possible. The way I see it, for the sake of an extra hour or so on the train, and about another tenner for the ticket, it's worth it to me to maybe get the car two days earlier. That's two fewer days I have to take the bus into work possibly!

Waiting to hear back from him now about changing that collection location. I'm sure he expected me to say "oh, well if it's only a day or two then it's not worth it", so hopefully he isn't too annoyed that I said yes to it! 😂
That is great reassuring news. I’m only 20mins from Bristol so for me makes sense to stay at Bristol. In fact the port is even closer to where I live.

Last edited:
Reactions: AutomaticMan
Hi All, new to the forum.
I ordered Model 3 LR black, black interior (the white interior was too bright), 18" aero wheels, with Advanced Auto Pilot on the 31st December and I have a collection date on the 10th Feb (Bluewater).
Side note, I spoke to Tesla today and the car will have LFP batteries (I was struggling to get any info on that) so we'll get that little bit of extra range. Finance was sorted a day after completing the form. So far all good from Tesla and ahead of schedule.