Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was ordered with 340 miles as per the configurator currently. But seeing that all cars on the inventory "In Transit" (on Grande California to Southampton according to the source code) have 352 miles, looks like we might be getting one of those longer range vehicles!
Do you have a VIN now?
I seem to remember the range was advertised as more than 340 previously so its odd that 352 has appeared on these cars. I'm going to call in the morning an try and speak to someone. I might order one of these if its still available but want to check its not 'old' new stock and will have the Ryzen chip for example.

really? I ordered a blue on black LR with 18's, EAP and a tow hitch on the 30th Nov and I've heard nothing yet...
Yup, I was expecting mid march which I was fine with to get the 22 plate, but 10th Feb suits me. I did find it strange that I was given a delivery date the day after I contacted them asking for an update, but I'm sure just a coincidence.
I wanted to get Black anyway, but I think it isn't one of the popular colours (compared to the Blue), that combined with the EAP I had a better chance of getting one a bit early.
I need to start commuting into central London again so this is a major money saver for me, as will take my commute from £85 to £25 per day.

Hi could I just confirm what I need to do to get into the “Prepare for Delivery” state. Reading this forum it seems to be when all current tasks are completed and maybe it’s on a ship.

I only ordered a MY LR last week and the account page says March still. I’m just planning to do a Tesla Loan and trade in but haven’t confirmed that yet as I believe the trade in is only valid for 60 days. Oh and I’ve selected a location of Manchester.

Would you recommend selecting cash and no trade in until closer to the time.

I’m more than happy to wait as I did order just last week but would feel like an idiot for missing a step! Thanks

When you ordered your car do you remember what the WLTP value was? A new order car is 340 miles but there a few on the new inventory that show 352 miles? An 'older' new car perhaps?
The 2021 M3P with the 82kWh Panasonic battery is rated 352 miles WLTP. It was revised to 340 miles sometime in December for the 2022 LG 79kWh battery. I placed my order after this, on the 19th December.

It doesn't make sense to me for 2021 spec cars to be in transit.

[Edited] I'm quite sure that one of the cars in inventory is the one I put on hold. It clearly says 2022 Model 3 and the VIN was for a 2022 car. Looking at the source code, it looks like 352 miles is hard-coded, so this could be incorrect.

Last edited:
so does that really bother you? if you get a car with better miles?
The way I see it is there's a point of diminishing returns with 'range'. Yes it's nice to have 600 miles range on your car, but lets bring in the real world for a moment. How many peoples bladders, or kids bladders, or wifes increasingly bad mood without coffee can be tolerated for more than 3 hours drive? NOT MINE. In 3 hours you're likely to get some 150 miles approx at the speed limit of 70. By the time you have taken a toilet break, grabbed a sarnie, or refreshed with a coffee.. Tesla will already be charging you an over stay fee on your super charge!! :) From Maidstone, you can damn near get to Newcastle on a single charge, that's WAY more driving in one stint than most people can cope with 😅

If Tesla get 420 miles from the 4680, that's great, and if charging time is reduced to 10 minutes, that's great to! Bladders don't get more tolerant with car range, and, interestingly, a quick charge time of 10 minutes might actually be more inconvenient. (too long a wait to stay with car on your own at a services, too little time to go get coffee / food).

This new M3LR 389mi quote could be the most optimal yet ! The rear wheel drive one really isn't too far behind at all either. (optimism runs high on a Friday with me lol).

so does that really bother you? if you get a car with better miles?
There's so much more to it than this.

The 2021 M3P gained the Panasonic 82kWh battery which before 2021.4.11 exhibited a noticeable loss in power at lower SoC and temps. This was fixed by OTA update, but the LG battery provided inherently more consistent performance without needing to be charged >75%.

The difference in range is quite negligible.

The way I see it is there's a point of diminishing returns with 'range'. Yes it's nice to have 600 miles range on your car, but lets bring in the real world for a moment. How many peoples bladders, or kids bladders, or wifes increasingly bad mood without coffee can be tolerated for more than 3 hours drive? NOT MINE. In 3 hours you're likely to get some 150 miles approx at the speed limit of 70. By the time you have taken a toilet break, grabbed a sarnie, or refreshed with a coffee.. Tesla will already be charging you an over stay fee on your super charge!! :) From Maidstone, you can damn near get to Newcastle on a single charge, that's WAY more driving in one stint than most people can cope with 😅

If Tesla get 420 miles from the 4680, that's great, and if charging time is reduced to 10 minutes, that's great to! Bladders don't get more tolerant with car range, and, interestingly, a quick charge time of 10 minutes might actually be more inconvenient. (too long a wait to stay with car on your own at a services, too little time to go get coffee / food).

This new M3LR 389mi quote could be the most optimal yet ! The rear wheel drive one really isn't too far behind at all either. (optimism runs high on a Friday with me lol).
no no. my question was, why it should worry anyone that they ordered when it showed 340 and no it is 352 :/

There's so much more to it than this.

The 2021 M3P gained the Panasonic 82kWh battery which before 2021.4.11 exhibited a noticeable loss in power at lower SoC and temps. This was fixed by OTA update, but the LG battery provided inherently more consistent performance without needing to be charged >75%.

The difference in range is quite negligible.
yes. even that - the question is why would you worry or ask "if you ordered when it showed 340 and now it shows 352 in the order page"

there might be various reasons why new range is shown higher. improvement is software for example?

sorry, I am daft. disregard my previous comments.

Reactions: milesr3
A few M3Ps on inventory today.
Why do they show WLTP range of 352 miles but for an online order they show 340 miles?
In Australia Tesla have been sending customers a notice to say due to increased consumption of the new car computer (Ryzen) range has dropped 20km/12miles on the Performance.

Hi could I just confirm what I need to do to get into the “Prepare for Delivery” state. Reading this forum it seems to be when all current tasks are completed and maybe it’s on a ship.

I only ordered a MY LR last week and the account page says March still. I’m just planning to do a Tesla Loan and trade in but haven’t confirmed that yet as I believe the trade in is only valid for 60 days. Oh and I’ve selected a location of Manchester.

Would you recommend selecting cash and no trade in until closer to the time.

I’m more than happy to wait as I did order just last week but would feel like an idiot for missing a step! Thanks

For most people on here the delivery takes place within 60 days - although only just - so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

When I ordered my first one I filled out the paperwork immediately, I was given a trade-in offer but it wasn't officially finalised until about a month after I ordered and the finance a few days before delivery (when the car was actually in the country). So I'd just go ahead with getting your trade-in valuation and doing the finance paperwork.

3D7 Motor from China is rated at 194kW and not 208 kW.

View attachment 758092

From my research..

208kW is the actual peak power, software limited in the RWD. 194kW is the nominal power of the motor at 320v, actual RWD system voltage is higher than this thus they can make more power. 2021 LFP models were 239kW peak using the 3D6 or 3D1 motor (Performance model motor)

FYI VINs I have seen on forums to date assigned for 2022 RWD cars ordered in Australia so far are the 3D7 (hairpin winding) motor also, so seems to be what most right hand drive cars are getting, at least in early production.

Interestingly the 3D5 motor is being assigned to a number of the German cars which is nominally rated as slightly less power than the 3D7 but still also is rated at 208kW peak.

No way of knowing if Tesla will mix and match the motor for all regions.

Reactions: indianinjapan
The 2021 M3P with the 82kWh Panasonic battery is rated 352 miles WLTP. It was revised to 340 miles sometime in December for the 2022 LG 79kWh battery. I placed my order after this, on the 19th December.

Tesla updated the range to cover themselves - you will get a vehicle that will do at least 340 miles. They don't know when the stock of the old batteries will run out to guarantee if you order one after the website change you get one that will only have a 340 mile range.

So we will have a period of time where some will have the newer and some will have the older batteries, and as they build in colour batches someone who ordered later could get an old battery even though others have started to receive vehicles with newer batteries.

We have recently had a similar scenario with the LR, albeit with a range increase rather than decrease. The official range has only just been increased, which is at a point in time when Tesla know there won't be any of the older, smaller capacity batteries delivered. Before then vehicles started to appear with the new battery and extra range along with the older ones.

[Edited] I'm quite sure that one of the cars in inventory is the one I put on hold. It clearly says 2022 Model 3 and the VIN was for a 2022 car. Looking at the source code, it looks like 352 miles is hard-coded, so this could be incorrect.

I've been in contact with Tesla this morning.
These inventory cars with 352 miles have the Intel processor so there is a 12 mile mileage reduction for the Ryzen processor. It also confirms that there are cars on the way that won't have the latest processor so anyone who's expecting a Ryzen car should perhaps check.

So the question now is 12 miles per full charge for the life of the car or Ryzen processor?..........