Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious, how do you get a Tesla advisor? Is this if you buy in store instead of online?
Basically, yes. If you go into store and place your order they will follow up with emails etc.. I actually arranged a test drive and then ordered online but kept in touch with the TA who booked my test drive. He then sent me BCH quotes and converted my order to ALD. He has been really helpful and friendly.

Some more great info from eivissa on the German forum; https://tff-forum.com/t/model-3-model-y-technical-changes-tech-details/100784/1185

Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 00.01.28.png

I hadn't twigged that the 3D6 Hairpin rear motor (DU cat.2) was a valid option for 8th Vin character L.

Reactions: MoSkeeto and sc20
can we estimate the practical aspects of the lower power motor in the RWD? It’ll feel a little slower off the lights but still a fast car and still instant torque. Will it be more efficient or not really? Just limits max power which most people won’t use all the time anyway, so cruising along should be similar efficiency as previous motor?

Would Tesla be required to decertify for EPA/WLTP every time an adjustment is made to the motor/battery/weight?

And they only list one range on the site alongside the model description- so surely it’s better for them to do a clean cutover? If they mix and match you’re potentially getting a car that doesn’t meet their stated range otherwise

Would Tesla be required to decertify for EPA/WLTP every time an adjustment is made to the motor/battery/weight?

And they only list one range on the site alongside the model description- so surely it’s better for them to do a clean cutover? If they mix and match you’re potentially getting a car that doesn’t meet their stated range otherwise
Not sure on exact rules but a material change would require an adjustment.

The way they operate, ability for suppliers to deliver, parts shortages etc. don’t allow them to do a clean cut over. They keep range/performance figures at the lowest common denominator to avoid a car not meeting spec and only increase once old inventory is completely used up.

“Lowered suspension” has been removed from the Model 3 Performance description
Not sure what I'm going to be getting delivered the way these stories are going?
Will it have the new battery and rear motor? and are these actually 'upgrades' over the previous versions?
Why would they do away with the lowered suspension??? That doesn't make sense on a Performance model?
Lots of uncertainty - not sure I like my Tesla experience so far!!

can we estimate the practical aspects of the lower power motor in the RWD? It’ll feel a little slower off the lights but still a fast car and still instant torque. Will it be more efficient or not really? Just limits max power which most people won’t use all the time anyway, so cruising along should be similar efficiency as previous motor?
Have a look at this review, he mentions performance at around 8 mins into the video and does a 50 to 70 acceleration which looks fairly quick.

Not sure what I'm going to be getting delivered the way these stories are going?
Will it have the new battery and rear motor? and are these actually 'upgrades' over the previous versions?
Why would they do away with the lowered suspension??? That doesn't make sense on a Performance model?
Lots of uncertainty - not sure I like my Tesla experience so far!!
Anyone who doesn‘t frequent this forum and just orders their Tesla in blissful ignorance is probably doing just fine :)

Reactions: Staypuffman